TForce | UPS Freight Diary:

LAME AF:
IyY8qRT.jpg

8TxJI4v.jpg

$85,136.43:blue:

Couldn't take it no more----switched back to city. More later.
That's not a bad year at all. I only made a couple grand more than that on the parcel side, and I was perfectly happy with it.

Well, that's great sir. But you have likely invested your money wisely and done all the right things----Thus, you are happy with slightly about 85K.

i, on the other hand, need a new bike---around $1500, a decent truck (doesn't have to be a suburban, but decent and able to tow at least 5000lbs with no trouble), a dragster (not professional, but brackets, so around $20,000) a swim spa, clothes and food and stuff for the women, and then i want to get involved with commercial real estate.

Thus, 85K is too lame for my lifestyle. :blue:

Well, that's great sir. But you have likely invested your money wisely and done all the right things----Thus, you are happy with slightly about 85K.

i, on the other hand, need a new bike---around $1500, a decent truck (doesn't have to be a suburban, but decent and able to tow at least 5000lbs with no trouble), a dragster (not professional, but brackets, so around $20,000) a swim spa, clothes and food and stuff for the women, and then i want to get involved with commercial real estate.

Thus, 85K is too lame for my lifestyle. :blue:
Just a lot of home improvement and the sort. Hired a maid service. Life is pretty good when the wife makes almost as much money as I do.

Quite the mix of mileage & hourly. Is that linehaul yet? Or you back to city?

i switched back to city, but fill in for road when needed. i think the official way it's supposed to be done is that dock/cdl has to fill in for road,(?) but at my terminal extraboard city fills in for road. (and we have more dock/cdls than city xtra-board at my terminal) It's a little complicated what is going on with extraboard road at my terminal and i don't want to go into further detail at this time for privacy reasons.

i don't mynd doing road in very small doses occasionally---i just can't shake linehaul even though i now hate it due to the late night hours involved. It's more LTL-ish to do both city AND road.

As you probably know, the company is NOT printing check stubs IF you have direct deposit, until the epidemic passes. (What this has to do with the current crisis, i don't know.....) i can't log into to UPSers. Thus, i can't post checks.

However, i HAVE STILL been getting well over 55-60 hours per week so far.

Still getting "amish hours." That is, sun-to-sun. Still busy as ever. Construction and residentials don't seem to be slowing down one bit; Rich people are NOT affected by any of this.

i predict a slow-down next week.

Don't have time right now to figure out how to log on to upsers so i can't post checks, but they're as big as ever.

One of our niteliners got cancelled because bichmond hub is now closed.

Again, you probably know that the company isn't printing any stubs until the crisis ends (what this has to do with the crisis i don't know), so i can't post any checkstubs, also i'm having trouble logging into to UPSers.

Anyways, my last NET was $599, so you can guess how lame the gross was. This was working 2 days the whole week.

Last week i got 3 days.

Worked 2 days so far (Linehaul and city) and then scheduled to work outbound dock the rest of the week. Since pickups have dwindled it should be an easy 6 hours per day---i don't think they're giving me 8 like a regular outbound docker would get? Maybe every terminal has a different setup?

i don't remember exactly what i did that week but it was pretty steady:

The company isn't printing stubs until the crisis is over so i took it off the upser site:
b4fBa6O.jpg

MaeIh3s.png

ds6jJSt.jpg

27Nq2WO.jpg

1) Got pushed to the brink of exhaustion this week and that wasn't the end of it----as i ran linehaul on that sunday after friday. And i RAN like a wild-assed impala all around our region. Not just our animal friend, but imagine a 69 impala with 427 big-block and dual carbs on a tunnel ram----WFO.

2) i have to say that the company is looking to keep me and everyone else who isn't laid off working. At least at my terminal.
My TM is just great. i love my TM.

YES, I OFFICIALLY STATE THAT I LOVE ANOTHER MAN, AND I DON'T CARE WHO KNOWS IT.

3) Now, one thing i am noticing is that a lot of business owners are receiving their shipments at their homes rather than their businesses due to the shutdown. Also, residentials seem to not be slowing down---because everyone's buying online.
So, we have to be careful of low wires, branches and clearances etc.
LHosFX9.jpg

Actually the world would be a lot better off if everyone could love each other.
Then there would be people taking better care of each other.
Which would avoid so much hate in the world.

EXACTAMUNDO!

You too, love at least one other man in your life? Is this true?

LTL FREAK ON A VERY HOT STREAK:
HdTdpKh.jpg

YeF7px4.jpg

As far as what happened last week, residentials seem to be coming hot and heavy----even the rich people are tipping. Not sure what is going on. i likely made at least $60 cash last week just in tips.

Now, i did have a situation yesterday with a rich mofo: i delivered a glass tabletop and should have just left it at the curb and left, but it was friday and i didn't have very many deliveries left, plus i could sense that she was/is a rich mofo because of the neighborhood and i wanted to go inside anyways because i was curious----and YES she is definitely rich. i could tell right off-the-bat: When someone's house looks sort of like a museum, you can tell they got money.

So i get it inside (if you'll pardon the expression) and then she wants to know if we can open it up to inspect. Again, i believe policy is if the package is in good condition, then technically no. But again, since it was friday etc., and i could somewhat sense a tip was coming i said sure. The F'd up part is (i had lost my utility knife and haven't had a chance to go to homedepot to get another and informed her of this) so she hands ME some scissors expecting ME to open the box while she put the little rubber pads on the pre-existing metal table top(this is to prevent the glass from scratching against the metal). Now, this ticked me off, but again i could sense a tip so i just played along.

We then spent several minutes adjusting, re-adjusting, measuring, re-adjusting the position of the tabletop so it was just right------cos that's how rich people are. Mynd you, this ain't my table........

i only got $10, BUT , this is a lot for rich people in these neighborhoods and it's a start of a new trend apparently?

Last edited: