TForce | UPS Freight Diary:

I'm curious..... why are you posting your paycheck online?????

Are you bragging?

We all know what the rate of pay is at most of the companies.

As far as begging for tips for doing your job.... I'm embarrassed for you.... something that I would not say on a public forum for the world to see.

Just my opinion of course.....
Curious what company policy is. Not that it would matter, he openly boasts about ignoring other policies.

As far as tips go, I understand they are against Company policy. I believe they kind of turn a blind eye to it unless it leads to a complication. Case in point, several years ago I represented a city driver who took a $20 tip for bringing a piece into a house, several days later the lady called to have it picked back up for some reason, when she was told to box it and get it ready she said she "paid" the driver to bring it in to her house and unbox it. He was terminated for "failure to turn in inside delivery charges". We got him back but not after 5 or 6 weeks off the job. That $20 cost him thousands...

Many moons ago when I worked the city I had a regular who always offered me a tip, I always told him I can't accept it, but if I would happen to "find" it that would be great, he would drop it at my feet and I would "find" it....

As far as tips go, I understand they are against Company policy. I believe they kind of turn a blind eye to it unless it leads to a complication. Case in point, several years ago I represented a city driver who took a $20 tip for bringing a piece into a house, several days later the lady called to have it picked back up for some reason, when she was told to box it and get it ready she said she "paid" the driver to bring it in to her house and unbox it. He was terminated for "failure to turn in inside delivery charges". We got him back but not after 5 or 6 weeks off the job. That $20 cost him thousands...

Many moons ago when I worked the city I had a regular who always offered me a tip, I always told him I can't accept it, but if I would happen to "find" it that would be great, he would drop it at my feet and I would "find" it....

I recall losing a $20 bill about the same time you found that one.
I'm sure you would sleep better if you just dropped it in the mail to me.

And then the lady said he touched her private parts.
Now she is really rich after UPS had to pay her off...Big dummy NEVER enter someone's residence NEVER.......

You already summed it up: boast about earnings. He cries about not being able to make truck payment in other threads.
What’s your problem with this guy posting check stubs? Don’t understand the angst. I like being able to see what I’m missing out on when I compare my pay stub to his. Gives a reason to show others what a union can get you

What’s your problem with this guy posting check stubs? Don’t understand the angst. I like being able to see what I’m missing out on when I compare my pay stub to his. Gives a reason to show others what a union can get you
No angst. As @Stimpy said, everyone has a good idea of pay rates at different companies. You guys just got a raise right?

I’m just jumping on the bandwagon on this one. Flimsy & lazy I’ll admit, but it is what it is. My disdain for this scofflaw may be read in a different thread.

No angst. As @Stimpy said, everyone has a good idea of pay rates at different companies. You guys just got a raise right?

I’m just jumping on the bandwagon on this one. Flimsy & lazy I’ll admit, but it is what it is. My disdain for this scofflaw may be read in a different thread.
Yes, but this is how I get my good idea of other companies compensation

Haters just want to hate. Can’t we all just get along
How am I hating? I point blank asked a question with no response. If you were to know me .... I work at Holland.... most all of the line haul drivers would tell you that I just don't let anything bother me..... I asked a question give me a answer and I will let it go. Is he bragging or does he have other issues going on....

1) We just brought back some dockers and added a road run, so that's a positive step in my opinion.

2) In addition to #1, i just want to state that i'm very physically tired and depressed and feel like i'm stuck in a rut and "bored", although i still think this is a very good job. So, this shows that fortunes can change on a dime and that money ISN'T everything. In addition to that, some of the trucks i get (i'm extra board and not officially assigned to any truck) don't have A/C, so like today i was physically miserable (in addition to being tired and depressed).
NOTE: That here, IF you write it up, the mechanics WILL take care of it, but they can't get to every truck immediately.

On top of that, my shop steward was calling me very late (which further takes away from my rest) asking me whether he should stay in the city or go road (with the new extraboard road opening; i had run extra board road when i was linehaul, whereas he was always niteliner or assigned run going to the same places everynight, so he wanted to know how extraboard road was) He is temporarily city because they cancelled one of our road runs because of the crisis.
NOTE: If you have to ask me for advice, you're F'd.

money is no good, if you're physically/mentally miserable.

Will discuss everything on the weekend if there is time. Fortunes can change overnite.

Different terminals let different ::shit:: slide,and do things different from other terminals.
at hrs we drop residential deliveries off on the curb, or end of the driveway weather it's a 70 TV on a skid or a lawn mower or anything else.
Some eols the cats take the stuff to the house.
Hrs city we must take our lunch before our 6th hour like the dock guys, some eols let city guy go till their 8th like the law says we can.
His home terminal let's their guys use pc like that I'm guessing because he's willing to do it and it saves dispatch from having to grab another driver in a car and go get him.
And I don't see any issue at all with him posting pay stubs.

UPDATE FOR 6/19:

There is absolutely no time to discuss anything or post checks. It's literally to the point where i'm coming home and going directly to bed (after using the bathroom) and eating while in bed then falling asleep. Like last tuesday i ordered some beef lo mein which was dam good, ate this while in bed and started to get drowsy AF, then finished it and then immediately fell asleep. Then wake up and do the same thing all over. No time for nothing.

They are working the absolute urine out of me.

Then, on saturdays central runs the urine out of me as well.

1)We have, however, recalled more laid-off drivers.
2) Corpo is now making me log into my ELD everyday---even when i'm doing city. Oh well, maybe it's better this way in that i won't have to do logs anymore if i go over 12 hrs in the city.

Will discuss everything, post checks and answer questions when and IF there is time.