TForce | UPS Freight Diary:

UPDATE FOR 6/19:

There is absolutely no time to discuss anything or post checks. It's literally to the point where i'm coming home and going directly to bed (after using the bathroom) and eating while in bed then falling asleep. Like last tuesday i ordered some beef lo mein which was dam good, ate this while in bed and started to get drowsy AF, then finished it and then immediately fell asleep. Then wake up and do the same thing all over. No time for nothing.

They are working the absolute urine out of me.

Then, on saturdays central runs the urine out of me as well.

1)We have, however, recalled more laid-off drivers.
2) Corpo is now making me log into my ELD everyday---even when i'm doing city. Oh well, maybe it's better this way in that i won't have to do logs anymore if i go over 12 hrs in the city.

Will discuss everything, post checks and answer questions when and IF there is time.
Bragging or complaining?

HOT $TREAK, PT.3:

Ga6D2UJ.jpg

Personal weekly gross record broken. And it's actually over $2500 because $60 cash tips.

Money = A
Job satisfaction = C-
Don't get me wrong---i still think it's one of the best jobs around, but i'm very tired. i think 8-9.5 hours per day of LTL is enough. Anything more leads to burnout.

Last edited:
Nope, i was mistaken: If you scroll back to post #204, we see that i grossed $2578 on the 2/15 check. SEE? That's one reason why we post checks. So no personal record broken even WITH the $60 tax-free cash tips. And i have more to say about tips shortly.

I'm curious..... why are you posting your paycheck online?????

Are you bragging?

We all know what the rate of pay is at most of the companies.

As far as begging for tips for doing your job.... I'm embarrassed for you.... something that I would not say on a public forum for the world to see.

Just my opinion of course.....

No.
It's funny, but when some people can't achieve certain numbers, they call it "bragging." When some people exceed my numbers, they say i'm "embarrassing myself." (who, then is doing the bragging here.......?)

No, i am NOT bragging. i post to give useful information. Kevin Rutherford was right about most truck forums----they're useless. Let's not let him be right and start giving and discussing useful information.

2) i have to ask, when and where did i state i was begging for tips?

Not sure what to think about this thread.

Sometimes it's best not to overthink things.

Last edited:
As far as tips go, I understand they are against Company policy. I believe they kind of turn a blind eye to it unless it leads to a complication. Case in point, several years ago I represented a city driver who took a $20 tip for bringing a piece into a house, several days later the lady called to have it picked back up for some reason, when she was told to box it and get it ready she said she "paid" the driver to bring it in to her house and unbox it. He was terminated for "failure to turn in inside delivery charges". We got him back but not after 5 or 6 weeks off the job. That $20 cost him thousands...

Many moons ago when I worked the city I had a regular who always offered me a tip, I always told him I can't accept it, but if I would happen to "find" it that would be great, he would drop it at my feet and I would "find" it....

Now, here you go saying i spin things to make myself look legal and you're spinning things to get a tip.........:rolleyesz: What if you got called in and questioned about it? "How did you come across the $20?" "So you just found it in the house and didn't tell the homeowner?" Now what?

Anyways, more recent semi-official news of tips that i heard from a higher-up. NEVER accept a tip from a large corporate account, Examples: Grainger, Lakeshore, Fastenal etc. But they don't care if it's a residential. So i guess "finding" a tip in someone's house is ok after all........:guinesssmilie:

And then the lady said he touched her private parts.
Now she is really rich after UPS had to pay her off...Big dummy NEVER enter someone's residence NEVER.......

If i DID do something like that, which i would NOT, but if we make like i did, then i would certainly go further than just touching.....

When a rich lady or rich person wants you to do something, you do it; Got $30 yesterday for rolling a pallet to a guy's back garage (he has an alleyway behind his house), which is clearly not curbside. His sons moved the sofa inside, i still got tipped.

i can't speak for you. But people like me don't run the world---rich folks do.
When a rich woman or person wants you do to something, you do it. That's the book i'm going with for now.

If i DID do something like that, which i would NOT, but if we make like i did, then i would certainly go further than just touching.....

When a rich lady or rich person wants you to do something, you do it; Got $30 yesterday for rolling a pallet to a guy's back garage (he has an alleyway behind his house), which is clearly not curbside. His sons moved the sofa inside, i still got tipped.

When a rich woman or person wants you do to something, you do it. That's the book i'm going with for now.
"rich people" don't buy furniture online.

How many paychecks do you need to see to figure it out??? I would think 12 pages of them you should be able to see what a upsf driver makes.....

Again just my opinion....
How am I hating? I point blank asked a question with no response. If you were to know me .... I work at Holland.... most all of the line haul drivers would tell you that I just don't let anything bother me..... I asked a question give me a answer and I will let it go. Is he bragging or does he have other issues going on....

It's really about trends: You can say, well i make $X per hour and i get 40-45 per hour you do the math. But when you post your check this is the ACTUAL gross. NOT theoretical gross. There's actually guys (dock/cdl combo) who are making MORE THAN me.

So when i post my checks this is ACTUALLY HOW MUCH I MAKE. Not what i COULD make. It also shows how many hours/miles i actually get. Not what i could get.

Accurate, useful information is what it's all about. Not fluff, not BS. REAL numbers. And i think i've posted a wide variety and range---from starting out at $17.40 per hour, to extraboard linehaul and now at top payrate city P+D.

Posting checks also serves to demonstrate approximately how many hours/miles one could get and the different reasons why----extra-board vs. set route vs. dock/cdl combo etc.

Last edited:
It's really about trends: You can say, well i make $X per hour and i get 40-45 per hour you do the math. But when you post your check this is the ACTUAL gross. NOT theoretical gross. There's actually guys (dock/cdl combo) who are making MORE THAN me.

So when i post my checks this is ACTUALLY HOW MUCH I MAKE. Not what i COULD make.

Accurate, useful information is what it's all about. Not fluff, not BS. REAL numbers. And i think i've posted a wide variety and range---from starting out at $17.40 per hour, to extraboard linehaul and now at top payrate city P+D.

Posting checks also serves to demonstrate approximately how many hours/miles one could get and the different reasons why----extra-board vs. set route vs. dock/cdl combo etc.

Now, here you go saying i spin things to make myself look legal and you're spinning things to get a tip.........:rolleyesz: What if you got called in and questioned about it? "How did you come across the $20?" "So you just found it in the house and didn't tell the homeowner?" Now what?

Anyways, more recent semi-official news of tips that i heard from a higher-up. NEVER accept a tip from a large corporate account, Examples: Grainger, Lakeshore, Fastenal etc. But they don't care if it's a residential. So i guess "finding" a tip in someone's house is ok after all........:guinesssmilie:
Things were different in the Overnite days. he was a regular customer, we both had dirt track cars we raced every weekend, besides I always "found" it on the floor of my trailer.

So when i post my checks this is ACTUALLY HOW MUCH I MAKE. Not what i COULD make. It also shows how many hours/miles i actually get. Not what i could get.

Ok.... it kind of makes sense. But a hourly wage and milage rate don't change till it's time for raises. Everyone works differently.... I get it. I am able to see what I could make at your place if I made your rate which is higher.

I'm good.... post away.... if it ever annoys me I can push the ignore button on you. Nothing personal.

Brother you really are not comprehending how you are leaving yourself exposed with this. If you or someone are injured or items claimed missing or heaven forbid a physical assault claimed....I can assure you the rich folks and company will leave you screwed. Whatever was verbally spoken to you will not trump company policy and will be denied said to you. You will be fired with no medical benefits. In a court of law your motive to go on property your company forbids is what you will have to defend against anything you are accused of. Whole lotta risk for a few pieces of silver in my book.

Brother you really are not comprehending how you are leaving yourself exposed with this. If you or someone are injured or items claimed missing or heaven forbid a physical assault claimed....I can assure you the rich folks and company will leave you screwed. Whatever was verbally spoken to you will not trump company policy and will be denied said to you. You will be fired with no medical benefits. In a court of law your motive to go on property your company forbids is what you will have to defend against anything you are accused of. Whole lotta risk for a few pieces of silver in my book.
He is apparently young and very inexperienced..... he will learn.... most likely the hard way.

Been making them tips in city many years now,, brought a treadmill into a house for a nice lady,, she been so thankful even text me on my phone telling me how thankful she as other day,, woman done had my number still from when I callin her to say I’d be there to deliver. Many drivers been going extra mile for years,, it’s the fat dumb lazy drivers that screw it up with their attitude or makin female customers feel uncomfortable because they never talk to a woman before

Been making them tips in city many years now,, brought a treadmill into a house for a nice lady,, she been so thankful even text me on my phone telling me how thankful she as other day,, woman done had my number still from when I callin her to say I’d be there to deliver. Many drivers been going extra mile for years,, it’s the fat dumb lazy drivers that screw it up with their attitude or makin female customers feel uncomfortable because they never talk to a woman before

Did you let your wife read that text? asking for a friend.

HOT $TREAK, PT.3:

Ga6D2UJ.jpg

Personal weekly gross record broken. And it's actually over $2500 because $60 cash tips.

Money = A
Job satisfaction = C-
Don't get me wrong---i still think it's one of the best jobs around, but i'm very tired. i think 8-9.5 hours per day of LTL is enough. Anything more leads to burnout.
Sheesh been following your posts since 2016 when I started at YRC a couple of months after you started at UPSF and I’ve been kicking your ass for the most part. My YTD on this exact pay week was 4500 less than yours, so you’re definitely reaping the benefits of staying put. I’m not in competition, I just kind of used your stubs as a measuring stick. Safe Travels bro✌

1) i am not happy. i am very depressed, cranky and sad.
Don't have no time to scan in checks. The last one was $1638.59 gross. The check has nothing to do with it.

2) 2 confirmed cases at grumpyburg. Not only can they not get laid, the virus has now INVADED the hub!

#2 has nothing to do with it. i think maybe i'm working too much. What good is money if all you do is work for it?

MONEY IS TRASH.

i am NOT happy.

Don't have no time to scan in checks. The last one was $1638.59 gross. The check has nothing to do with it.

2) 2 confirmed cases at grumpyburg. Not only can they not get laid, the virus has now INVADED the hub!

#2 has nothing to do with it. i think maybe i'm working too much. What good is money if all you do is work for it?

MONEY IS TRASH.

i am NOT happy.
boo hoo

MONEY IS TRASH.

i am NOT happy.
The key to happiness is, "find something you like to do, and find someone to pay you to do it". I believe it was Ross Perot, self made billionaire...

Also, as some of us Ol' Timers can attest to, when we were starting here it was WORK!!!! No skidded freight, you picked it up off the trailer floor and you set it down on the trailer floor, you moved drums by hand truck, sorted hundreds of boxes, moved crates with a Johnson bar, and stitched tires till they hit the roof. Then you climbed in a cab-over Mack, no A/C, no power steering, no radio, {not that you could have heard it anyway over the rattles and engine noise,} and you went to the customer and picked it up and set it down again, {think 250 cases of school books, or 600 cases of cigarettes}. How many remember the drag-lines, floats with bent wheels? Log books were a joke, you found the time, it was 15 hours on duty and 8 off. 70 hour weeks with NO overtime. I make almost that in a DAY and barely break a sweat sometimes. But we were glad and grateful to have a decent job with decent pay and benefits. We were good at what we did and proud of it, There was no need to go to the gym after work!!!!! That being said, times have changed, some may argue for the better, some for the worse.

Forgive me for the rant my young friend, but if you are depressed and unhappy at this job, do yourself and your family a favor and make a change. Be safe........

Last edited: