TForce | UPS Freight Diary:

CSsXo49.jpg
You need to start contributing to the 401k. live simpler today and you'll live much better later.

You need to start contributing to the 401k. live simpler today and you'll live much better later.
Thank you so much for your concern, sir.

There are a few reasons why i've chosen not to contribute anymore to my 401k accounts, which i don't really wish to get into right now.

(Hint:daddyrich.....)

i'll put it on the table: My grandfather and dad worked their asses off so i could pretty much mooch of the fruits of their labor.

So i could sit on my ass all night listening to podcasts/music and eat and drink, with my arm hanging out the window.

The greatest generation.............we're not.

But yes, i think 401K is a good thing as well as Roth's. In my case, however, i think it would be best to take that money and start a business rather than to tie it up.

i'd like to address this, and the common notion that "eventually/somehow you're paying for it.........."

No person(s) were being compensated directly, or clearly indirectly for any said actions / "playing checkers......."

Now, i did let her borrow my car last week because her's was in the shop. But i would have done that anyways irregardless.

Also, this is not a one-way street; They've fed me, housed me rent free, and given me gift cards all before this. (although i suspect the subject of rent will be coming up soon, after they found out how much i make per night..........)

Also, before my position change, when i was still P+D, they, themselves, have alluded to "playing a little checkers," with me, but i kinda (was tired/not exactly in the mood etc.) But i do sense the greater enthusiasm from my girls towards me after i changed to Road and discussed that i was grossing $350-400 per night.

So, are you saying that your story redefines the saying 'slipping her the salami'? von.

None of my business, &, my world WILL NOT collapse if you don't answer my question. Why do you post you pay check stub? I would file mine put it in the drawer & get on with it. von.

To give you REAL INFORMATION YOU CAN USE. Most of what is posted on most trucking forums, including this one, is useless bull's hit. i give you REAL INFORMATION YOU CAN USE.

So, are you saying that your story redefines the saying 'slipping her the salami'? von.

i do not understand the question, and with all due respect, perhaps we both should review my answer to your first question above....

h1THbzc.jpg

This week was not typical in that i worked at small pack the day after thanksgiving and thus made a crapload of overtime as you can see.

As i said, i would never work at small pack permanently. Too boring and the atmosphere is just weird to me. It's ok to make extra $$$ though.

Although the question is now moot because corporate says we cannot go to small pack anymore.

To give you REAL INFORMATION YOU CAN USE. Most of what is posted on most trucking forums, including this one, is useless bull's hit. i give you REAL INFORMATION YOU CAN USE.

i do not understand the question, and with all due respect, perhaps we both should review my answer to your first question above....
Thanks for posting real and informative info it is very helpful.

6vLMkHI.jpg

1) i apologize for not doing too well this year; i'll try better next year. OR, i may have to accept that i'm a $60,000-a-year man and will have to budget for this. Now, i DID NOT reach full pay scale until august, so that may have been a factor.

2) Tractors don't have enough caster, fuel tanks too small, little bit of "estrogen poisoning" going on at a few terminals. Other than that, i STILL think this is a great gig and good place to work.

6vLMkHI.jpg

1) i apologize for not doing too well this year; i'll try better next year. OR, i may have to accept that i'm a $60,000-a-year man and will have to budget for this. Now, i DID NOT reach full pay scale until august, so that may have been a factor.

2) Tractors don't have enough caster, fuel tanks too small, little bit of "estrogen poisoning" going on at a few terminals. Other than that, i STILL think this is a great gig and good place to work.
69641, looks more like 70000 year man to me.

oK, 70, BUT THat still sucks. i'm still not driving a suburban and that's bull's hit. It's an injustice.

I WANT A SUBURBAN, NOW!

oK, 70, BUT THat still sucks. i'm still not driving a suburban and that's bull's hit. It's an injustice.

I WANT A SUBURBAN, NOW!
With you hourly you should be pushing 100,000. I knew 2 road drivers that never marked off, worked all the holidays, & grossed close to 106,000, this being about 4 years ago on 15% give back. A couple of city boys were very near 70 to 73 thousand. But, you have to be alive to enjoy the fruits of your labor. von.

With you hourly you should be pushing 100,000. I knew 2 road drivers that never marked off, worked all the holidays, & grossed close to 106,000, this being about 4 years ago on 15% give back. A couple of city boys were very near 70 to 73 thousand. But, you have to be alive to enjoy the fruits of your labor. von.
Sounds like too much work to me. I marked off when I wanted and made 60-80. That seemed like a better approach to me.

T31Us5W.jpg

Had to do niteliner bull's hit the entire week in the first check for internal political reasons i don't want to get into now.

Some niteliner runs are getting cancelled----and that's a good thing.

401's aren't that great, they are convenient.
The company doesn't match so it's your pre tax money that goes in.
whenever you retire and start pulling from it it's going to be taxed at the tax rate that's in place when you retire,and taxes don't go down
You can also loose it all overnight as it's stock market investments
I've been putting 250 a week in a interest earning savings account for the last 19 years.
And have more than My brother that's been doing the same for 18 Months longer in a 401k.