TForce | UPS Freight P&D Paid progression.

Well im going to get my Hazmat Endorcement this week .And then i will have my face to face interview. For the Columbus, OHIO Terminal. Starting the hiring process.

Should i go for the fulltime Dock-Driver CDL position, Or Fulltime City P@D Driver only position?

Both are paying the same $27 hour wage?

Well im going to get my Hazmat Endorcement this week .And then i will have my face to face interview. For the Columbus, OHIO Terminal. Starting the hiring process.

Should i go for the fulltime Dock-Driver CDL position, Or Fulltime City P@D Driver only position?

I hope you get the pay in writing. They could easily bump you back to the contract wages, which starts at $17.70/hr.

Full time p/d so they won't mess with your money. P/d pay is the same across the board for dock work or driving duties. Dock with cdl will pay you .60 cent less per hour while working the dock.

It depends on if you prefer running a forklift around on the dock in the cold winter or making city deliveries. Do you want a inbound start time a 2am or would you like to start later in the morning.

I was told the those who start at a higher hourly rate will not get a raise until their years of service catches up to the hour rated that they started at.

I was told the those who start at a higher hourly rate will not get a raise until their years of service catches up to the hour rated that they started at.
They will get the semi-annual increases by percentage that we all get.

It depends on if you prefer running a forklift around on the dock in the cold winter or making city deliveries. Do you want a inbound start time a 2am or would you like to start later in the morning.
I was hired for PD 3 weeks ago. Today is the 3rd day in a row I’m not working. Dispatcher asked me if I’d be interested in switching to linehaul ive always been Pd. Hows linehaul at TForce?

I was hired for PD 3 weeks ago. Today is the 3rd day in a row I’m not working. Dispatcher asked me if I’d be interested in switching to linehaul ive always been Pd. Hows linehaul at TForce?
Depending on your location. It can be spotty at end of the line terminals. The Hubs have more dispatches but bottom of the board is always a crapshoot. Dockwork at the hubs is what seems to keep the new hires going at times.

Depending on your location. It can be spotty at end of the line terminals. The Hubs have more dispatches but bottom of the board is always a crapshoot. Dockwork at the hubs is what seems to keep the new hires going at times.
Thanks. Ive been driving for a long time came to ltl world later in my career. Relocated from north east to south. The whole move changing jobs has been rough. Don’t know what I’m gonna do yet.

You can thank your union brothers for voting in a 2 tier wage with ridiculously low starting wages. T Force is possiblly the worst LTL carrier to go to off the street. Enjoy working 2 days a week for your first 5 years for low pay.
Boy you sure hate working for TForce and being in the union ! As you may be aware, several non Union shops are hiring model employees such as yourself.

Wow...our city guy's are balls to the walls..they are getting all the hours they
can handle! We also have A duie Pyle picking up freight that we can't deliver because we don't have anyone to do it..

Wow...our city guy's are balls to the walls..they are getting all the hours they
can handle! We also have A duie Pyle picking up freight that we can't deliver because we don't have anyone to do it..
I don’t get it. I was told they were so busy they were having to turn freight to the messenger service. I was hired so they wouldn’t have to do that anymore. Then this week no work.

Want to hear something funny. Columbus , OH Terminal up the pay for NON-Cdl Dock Workers.

Partimers and Fulltimers starting pay is now $22 hour. Damn

Work is work. If you have to run line haul to feed your family and keep a roof over your head I would do what I had to do.
Totally get what your saying that words to live by. Fortunately Or unfortunately been in this game (trucking) for a long time. Thank God I don’t live pay check to pay check. Don’t like be lied too at this point though. When they said they were so busy they were turning freight away only to be told no work 3 times in a week . That’s a problem.

Totally get what your saying that words to live by. Fortunately Or unfortunately been in this game (trucking) for a long time. Thank God I don’t live pay check to pay check. Don’t like be lied too at this point though. When they said they were so busy they were turning freight away only to be told no work 3 times in a week . That’s a problem.
Only 6-7 more years and u might have a chance of working every day