TForce | UPS Freight tentative agreement is out and it's NOT spectacular

I’m voting NO! Don’t touch the dangling carrot, It’s a five year trap!!

Second quarter profit should make this decision very easy.

They are banking on the smaller terminals giving in and saying “It’s better than nothing” or “I don’t want to strike”

IMO we won’t strike....we say no to this proposal, re-negotiate and meet in the middle.

That is what negotiations are about,there has to be a starting point.
Both sides wind up with a give & take meeting in the middle,& hopefully settle without a walk out.

Back in the day I was involved in some strikes for contracts,& believe me they were not pleasant.
I hope everything works out for the best for all of you with out having to picket.

Sorry but $18.00 starting rate for Local full time cartage is not going to get it done. if they do not crack $20 a whole lotta drivers will be moving on down the road to the competition. this is a automatic NO Vote from anyone that knows how short handed the Larger terminals have been over the last 3 years. Send it back!!!

I also see ZERO Language about working drivers in dock or jockey classifications and then pulling them for p&d. the driver should be paid at the higher rate for all hours worked if he punches 1 minute in the higher classification. the non union company's have done this for years but not UPSF why?

I strongly recommend you call your BA tomorrow and tell him vote no next week or it's his ass. Sorry for the language but good grief why are we paying dues if this is what they call negotiating.
This contract MAYBE, would be acceptable in a bad economy, but in this economy you got to be kidding me. All I here is how hard it is to get drivers and they only want to bump the starting wage from 17.20 to 17.70? And continue a 4 year progression? 1.25 cent per mile raise for 5 years? Who did the Union think they were negotiating with, YRC? Come on, this is insane guys.

Those who negotiated this contract need to resign.

Why all the give backs?

We need almost 2 months more of reports to earn vacation???????

An additional 300 hrs a year for full pension credits?

And enough unenforceable bs language to make it look like we gained something?

If you read the 11hr rule, it basically says you can't refuse work after 11 hrs if you are needed. The last paragraph negates the previous paragraphs.

The laughable LHD article??? _---------------------------- lol! Talk about Ken Hall getting played by ups!

They think we are chumps....While I understand that this is the opening offer, I'm disappointed and insulted by this proposal. Disappointed that my company thinks so little of their professional dedicated workforce that helps earn them huge profits and insulted that our paid by us union leadership didn't have the balls to get up and walk away from the table saying "call us when your serious". That was the PLAY in this economy coupled with congressional tax cuts. I didn't need to be blown away with a offer, just FAIR. I really don't know how they can bring this up for a vote with a straight face and heaven forbid they ever have to negotiate(term used lightly) in a bad economy. There are three players in this card game and seems two (UPS,union) are being greedy playing together against us. I want a re-deal and better cards to look at...they are testing our fortitude so stand strong brothers, it begins now.

O

They think we are chumps....While I understand that this is the opening offer, I'm disappointed and insulted by this proposal. Disappointed that my company thinks so little of their professional dedicated workforce that helps earn them huge profits and insulted that our paid by us union leadership didn't have the balls to get up and walk away from the table saying "call us when your serious". That was the PLAY in this economy coupled with congressional tax cuts. I didn't need to be blown away with a offer, just FAIR. I really don't know how they can bring this up for a vote with a straight face and heaven forbid they ever have to negotiate(term used lightly) in a bad economy. There are three players in this card game and seems two (UPS,union) are being greedy playing together against us. I want a re-deal and better cards to look at...they are testing our fortitude so stand strong brothers, it begins now.

O

Is is basically not a fair offer.

well!! Looks like the powers that be took down the Agreement. to bad the cat is already out the bag. whoever Leaked it Thank You! A big fat NO Vote is coming down the Pipe.

I
Sorry but $18.00 starting rate for Local full time cartage is not going to get it done. if they do not crack $20 a whole lotta drivers will be moving on down the road to the competition. this is a automatic NO Vote from anyone that knows how short handed the Larger terminals have been over the last 3 years. Send it back!!!
I start working next week at USPF as a city driver and they are starting me out at 21.00 a hour but I'll stay at the rate for 3 years unless the new contract changes things.