TForce | UPS Freight Union Vote

I have been reading the post for a weeks now and even posted and a few.. but this thread here seems to have EVERYONE at each others throats<-----did I spell that right?.. Anyway Has anyone heard of the golden hand shake? Is it posible<----Did I spell that right. Is it posible that the older driver with only a few yrs before retirement like Apo. could infact get a golden hand shake. and not have to loose anything? Please no one hate me if I can't spell, Hek I drov trruck for 25 yrs an now wrk on branfarts. an I allsew hav somtimrs.. Somtims I forget.

Covvgirl said:
I have been reading the post for a weeks now and even posted and a few.. but this thread here seems to have EVERYONE at each others throats<-----did I spell that right?.. Anyway Has anyone heard of the golden hand shake? Is it posible<----Did I spell that right. Is it posible that the older driver with only a few yrs before retirement like Apo. could infact get a golden hand shake. and not have to loose anything? Please no one hate me if I can't spell, Hek I drov trruck for 25 yrs an now wrk on branfarts. an I allsew hav somtimrs.. Somtims I forget.

Enough on the spelling already...

hugnlug said:
I'd join the AARP, AAA, AT&T, AA, ATA, ATF or any of the other A's before I would waste my time joining APWA. What a joke!! UPS invited the IBT to sit down to the talks and not some fly by night so called union.

Yes I am considering AAA, or AARP. I think judging by the vehicle you are driving in your avatar , and the fact that you are pale white ,you should join both!!!! LOL And maybe AA.

If your between 50,and 60 your a junior senior.
Once you start going past 60,thats when the sometimers really starts to kick in.
Sometimes you remember,some times you don't.

Its just an old age thing.
Young ,or old posters on the truckingboards,are all burning daylight.
No one I know is getting any younger,we'er all heading into the sunset of our lives.
Some sooner than later,like me.

But they say your only as old as you feel.
When I wake up praising the Lord for allowing me to have another day,and ask God for help to live it.

In that state of mind I feel very young.

When I clock out,after working 10 or 11 hours I feel more my age.

The book of James in the Bible states,
For what is your life?
It is even a vapor,that appeareth for a little time,and then vanisheth away.

So looking at the big picture, whatever time you have is very precious,do your best with it.
I always want the best for everyone I know.

Hope this advice from an old gear jammer will be good for all my posting friends.

Apostolic said:
If your between 50,and 60 your a junior senior.
Once you start going past 60,thats when the sometimers really starts to kick in.
Sometimes you remember,some times you don't.

Its just an old age thing.
Young ,or old posters on the truckingboards,are all burning daylight.
No one I know is getting any younger,we'er all heading into the sunset of our lives.
Some sooner than later,like me.

But they say your only as old as you feel.
When I wake up praising the Lord for allowing me to have another day,and ask God for help to live it.

In that state of mind I feel very young.

When I clock out,after working 10 or 11 hours I feel more my age.

The book of James in the Bible states,
For what is your life?
It is even a vapor,that appeareth for a little time,and then vanisheth away.

So looking at the big picture, whatever time you have is very precious,do your best with it.
I always want the best for everyone I know.

Hope this advice from an old gear jammer will be good for all my posting friends.

I'm running a little late but had to take the time from one old gear jammer to another.

That's good wisdom brother...:smillie_flag:

The Big Question

Skeeter said:
I don't hate anyone. I can get fired up like the next guy. But if I am wrong I'll be the first to admit it. So just let me say I'm sorry now and we can go on:smillie_flag:
Skeeter I have wanted to ask you this question for a while now. So I will. Back during the organization effort by the IBT did you cross any of your co-workers picket line?

Toxic said:
Skeeter I have wanted to ask you this question for a while now. So I will. Back during the organization effort by the IBT did you cross any of your co-workers picket line?

I never missed a day's work and don't regret it. I also went with the majority of the company and did not recognize the union or strike.

After the things Hoffa pulled there was no way I was going to be on the side of the teamsters.

Now having said that if we the complete company goes union I wouldn't keep working.

However, if the company is split and half do go union and I'm in that half that's nonunion you bet your boots I'm working. :USA:

Skeeter said:
I never missed a day's work and don't regret it. I also went with the majority of the company and did not recognize the union or strike.

After the things Hoffa pulled there was no way I was going to be on the side of the teamsters.

Now having said that if we the complete company goes union I wouldn't keep working.

However, if the company is split and half do go union and I'm in that half that's nonunion you bet your boots I'm working. :USA:
I was just curious.

Skeeter said:

So in other word Skeeter you agree with the things the company pulled during the strike?

Teamster251 said:
So in other word Skeeter you agree with the things the company pulled during the strike?

Yes and I do and did you agree with the things hoffa pulled during the strike. I'm sure you did. So there you have it. What is so hard to understand about that.

I went the way of my company along with the majority.

Also I have just learned that Estes in southern California voted down the union. So things are still not going so hot for the teamsters. By the way that was the Estes terminal that started the whole union movement. Looks like Estes majority doesn't want anything to do with the union either.

Oops, I might get another warning on my meter up there talking about teamsters.

In the past the Teamsters have made a bad name for themselves. Hopefully, the become better educators and realize that some people would really rather just trust the company than have a third party involved. I try to respect other peoples opinions and it is easier if they have an open mind. But let's face it guys, I don't mean to be forward, but UPS FREIGHT WILL BE UNION. Whether we like it or not once that butter contract is finished in Indy, the surrounding terminals are going to want it. No one can sit here and tell me that they are so stubbornly anti-union that IF that contract is better than what we have now they wouldn't at least be curious about maybe signing a card. Eventually It's gonna spread through the system.. .....and so it begins..

Browne1 said:
In the past the Teamsters have made a bad name for themselves. Hopefully, the become better educators and realize that some people would really rather just trust the company than have a third party involved. I try to respect other peoples opinions and it is easier if they have an open mind. But let's face it guys, I don't mean to be forward, but UPS FREIGHT WILL BE UNION. Whether we like it or not once that butter contract is finished in Indy, the surrounding terminals are going to want it. No one can sit here and tell me that they are so stubbornly anti-union that IF that contract is better than what we have now they wouldn't at least be curious about maybe signing a card. Eventually It's gonna spread through the system.. .....and so it begins..

You are basing everything on the contract in Indy is going to be so much better than what we have most will go running. I say don't count your chickens before they hatch.

Skeeter said:
You are basing everything on the contract in Indy is going to be so much better than what we have most will go running. I say don't count your chickens before they hatch.
true, i'm just hoping for the best for us and all of our families, union or not.. Because it is about what's best for our families right?

crazy said:
Skeeter :smilie_132: Where do you get your info ??inside a box of cereal,that,s about as far from the truth as you can get:chairshot: Teamsters do not cross picket lines period.it is under the nmfa Oh I forgot you do not want to be a part of that but that's okay everbody has the right to their opinion just state the facts not what you think....CRAZY

I guess you missunderstood what I was saying. Your lesson for today is re-read the post.:roll1:

Skeeter said:
I guess you missunderstood what I was saying. Your lesson for today is re-read the post.:roll1:

Skeeter is'nt a teamster as of yet!~!!!! Woops Wrong quote, sorry skeeter. I wanted to quote crazy.