TForce | TForce Freight Update

Reading the pcm posted on here Sunday, it says "If you do not enroll or opt out within 30 days you would be automatically enrolled at 3%." This seems kind of forceful to me as I'm certainly not interested in a 401K plan. Thoughts? Am I reading it correctly?

Reading the pcm posted on here Sunday, it says "If you do not enroll or opt out within 30 days you would be automatically enrolled at 3%." This seems kind of forceful to me as I'm certainly not interested in a 401K plan. Thoughts? Am I reading it correctly?
Just go online and sign up, then sign up to have 0% taken out. All done and fixed.

Why on earth would you not want to take advantage of a 401-K plan? Your own contributions are pre-tax which means your gross pay for the year for tax purposes is reduced so you pay less tax and any company match is free money. I just don't understand why anyone would opt out.

Why on earth would you not want to take advantage of a 401-K plan? Your own contributions are pre-tax which means your gross pay for the year for tax purposes is reduced so you pay less tax and any company match is free money. I just don't understand why anyone would opt out.
I agree on the pre-tax contribution, but UPS has never matched any amount of money to our 401k, we have the pension they contribute to.

I agree on the pre-tax contribution, but UPS has never matched any amount of money to our 401k, we have the pension they contribute to.

OK on the no-match but your contributions still reduce your taxable gross for the year and that money can grow tax deferred till retirement time. That alone is a good thing IMHO. Over the years I took advantage of IRA's and 401-K's as soon as I was eligible and I'm glad I did.

New CEO promised that rates will be raised. No more giving away the store !
At first UPS went away from the big national accounts in freight, like BBB and lowes, but then they went too the national wholesale companies and started shipping all their stuff

They are paying the 3%

So there is going to be a company match now?