TForce | TForce Freight Update

TFI's CEO was eluding to a contract with UPS 's package unit with TFI's small package unit Canpar and Loomis. Trust me, UPS is done with freight.
What concerned me was the second to
The last paragraph of the article… I’m sure it was the author trying to sh** stir.

Why on earth would you not want to take advantage of a 401-K plan? Your own contributions are pre-tax which means your gross pay for the year for tax purposes is reduced so you pay less tax and any company match is free money. I just don't understand why anyone would opt out.
Agree. Even if company is not matching, it is in your best interest to contribute whatever you can afford each week. When you retire you will be glad you have some cash, besides your pension.

What concerned me was the second to
The last paragraph of the article… I’m sure it was the author trying to sh** stir.
Think about this. Between spinning off the residential freight and odd freight to TForce Final Mile and dumping freight that does not pay, sure I can see layoffs. Like I've said before, we are top heavy on management. I would expect some of them will be let go of also.
The only and best thing we can do on the labor side is handle and deliver the freight the way we picked it up.
Right there if we do our jobs, freight will come our way and this could easily run in the low 90's.

I had a 401k for the last 30 years. I suggest you take advantage of it even if there is no company match. I retired with 30 years of service from UPSF at 59 years old and let me tell you that the extra $500 thousand to a million dollars (depending on your weekly contribution) is huge to sustain the same standard of living you had while working. Your Pension, 401k and social security will allow you to really enjoy life after retirement.

Why on earth would you not want to take advantage of a 401-K plan? Your own contributions are pre-tax which means your gross pay for the year for tax purposes is reduced so you pay less tax and any company match is free money. I just don't understand why anyone would opt out.
I'll tell you why, because my son-in-law is a dumbass, he's smarter than truck drivers.
Says he can't afford it.

OFFICIAL STATEMENT 2/8/22:

1) i WAS WRONG; i, as of, 2/8/22 NO LONGER endorse or support Nora; She appears incapable of competent "management."

There is no hatred here and i'm not "done" with her; Who knows? Maybe she can still surprise us. But as of now, i can no longer support her.

She just doesn't seem cut out for "management."

Yes, i WAS WRONG.

OK on the no-match but your contributions still reduce your taxable gross for the year and that money can grow tax deferred till retirement time. That alone is a good thing IMHO. Over the years I took advantage of IRA's and 401-K's as soon as I was eligible and I'm glad I did.
Was the tax rate higher when you retired than the tax rate when you started funding 20 years earlier?

Was the tax rate higher when you retired than the tax rate when you started funding 20 years earlier?
I'd have to look back at some paperwork to see. But in any event, even if I was in a higher bracket at retirement the great gains I made on my tax deferred investments would have more than compensated. Like a former manager used to say, "I'd love to be paying a million dollars in income taxes. Just imagine how much my salary would have to be to have that happen."

Those people who can’t manage plan or organize revert to enforcing policy and procedures. They probably do that to draw attention from the lack of ability to manage.
i don't see why we don't select from our driver and/or dock pool to become managers??

i would think this would be the best way to do it, and to get someone QUALIFIED to manage? Or maybe i'm in outer space on this one.....?

Again, i would trust what General Mills has to say because at least he actually worked on the dock.

I'd have to look back at some paperwork to see. But in any event, even if I was in a higher bracket at retirement the great gains I made on my tax deferred investments would have more than compensated. Like a former manager used to say, "I'd love to be paying a million dollars in income taxes. Just imagine how much my salary would have to be to have that happen."
That was my dad's saying, (wish I could pay a million dollars each year)

i don't see why we don't select from our driver and/or dock pool to become managers??

i would think this would be the best way to do it, and to get someone QUALIFIED to manage? Or maybe i'm in outer space on this one.....?

Again, i would trust what General Mills has to say because at least he actually worked on the dock.
General Mills! LMFAO!

Manager has a good point.