TForce | UPS Freight Worker dies after being hit by truck coroner says...

i really hate to think and talk about this, but this might be a good case for electric jockey horses provided they can successfully perform an 8 hour shift, which i doubt.

Because anyone who's driven a jockey truck knows that they are VERY noisy.

HEARING what is around you really helps.
Ya so they can sneak up on you and run you over..... wtf

Bad idea....

Ya so they can sneak up on you and run you over..... wtf

Bad idea....
that’s what I’m talking about… I’d rather hear them comin’, plenty of time for evasive action.

They are not silent, you'll still be able to hear one coming. They are much QUIETER than a diesel jockey truck for both the operator and anyone nearby. Less noise makes it safer for everyone.

Have you ever had an electric forklift or pallet jack sneak up on you?

You'll sure be able to hear someone scream much easier with an electric jockey.

They are not silent, you'll still be able to hear one coming. They are much QUIETER than a diesel jockey truck for both the operator and anyone nearby. Less noise makes it safer for everyone.

I actually was hit by a lift back when we switched to electrics. Walking down the dock, lift operator couldn't see over his load, hit me from behind, almost ran over my leg.
Never heard a thing. The noisier the better.
If it was up to me the jockey horse would have strobes, bells, foghorn, one of those clangy things that if a wheel is turning its rattling.
Quiet is deadly in a dark yard. Case in point...

And you know this how? You witnessed the sound the electric jockey makes? And Yes ive had electric lifts blow by me more than a hand full of times with hardly any notice, especially at Ralphs. Those guys love to scare the ::shit:: of of you and honk that crappy horn as they are passing.

I dont think anything can make more noise than a diesel jockey. i can hear it coming from the opposite side of the building... better for me and everyone else. We are talking about mostly guys in their early 20s going from mediocrity on the dock to a sense of being incharge of the yard. Most people abuse even the slightest bit of power, then after confrontations with drivers comes the Attitude. Not all develop it but a majority do.

So, yeah... the more noise the better.

This is horrific. RIP Raymond, he was so close to retirement. Prayers to the surviving family members.

On Tuesday, due to this fatality, my terminal had a PCM about wearing our vests and ‘tooting’ our horns every three seconds. IMO they help but at the same time we’ve become numb towards them, some of us have driven our yards many miles around and have become complacent with what could happen, we drop our guards. No matter where we are walking, what we are doing, how late we might or might not be, we just have to pay attention and be aware.
I think each terminal has to assess their situation, look for flaws and seriously consider making true changes and enforcements. One is already too many, we are past one.
It sucks that we have to be more reactive than proactive at things.

I’m sure there will be attorneys scouring social media looking for added information.
TV, Billboard, Trial Lawyers are salivating...sad for the family. Prayers to them.

All the money in the world that the trial lawyers put in (their ) pockets still won/t
bring him back. And I know, that the family would want him back

I actually was hit by a lift back when we switched to electrics. Walking down the dock, lift operator couldn't see over his load, hit me from behind, almost ran over my leg.
Never heard a thing. The noisier the better.
If it was up to me the jockey horse would have strobes, bells, foghorn, one of those clangy things that if a wheel is turning its rattling.
Quiet is deadly in a dark yard. Case in point...
I have a biker friend who always said a loud bike is a safe bike because it can be heard before it can be seen in a blind spot. i think I mentioned I think yard tractors should have loud reverse warnings like most construction equipment has now.

I have a biker friend who always said a loud bike is a safe bike because it can be heard before it can be seen in a blind spot. i think I mentioned I think yard tractors should have loud reverse warnings like most construction equipment has now.
He wasn't backed over he straight out was ran over. Still waiting on the osha report. Them bastatds sure take their sweet time.

He wasn't backed over he straight out was ran over. Still waiting on the osha report. Them bastatds sure take their sweet time.
I just searched the OSHA website, the case was investigated by OSHA and referred back to TFI for a response. The Company has 30 days to respond. I will post it when I see it. Let us never forget, could have been anyone of us...
I will file a FOIA request for a complete report if necessary.