TForce | UPS Retirement plan statement

Hmm...I had 22 years over all most with Overnite,from 1986 til UPS took over.
I receive a fat monthly pension payment from UPS.
For the 20 plus years I had with all of the Teamster LTL's prior to Overnite I get a very sweet monthly pension payment from the Teamsters.
Add to that the monthly Social Security payments for all of the years I worked for contributing employers from age 14 to age 66.
It makes no difference to me who is cutting my pension payments,as long as the money keeps getting deposited into my checking account,month by month.

Once again let me give credit where credit is due.
God has richly blessed me with good health and employment over those many years, I was working,to now being able to enjoy my retirement years.

I wish all of my former co-workers the same blessings I am currently receiving.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey can you guys post the link again. For the summary for retirement plan? I can't get it to work. I even tried typing it in. Can't find the 33 page summary.

Got two retirement statements. Very confusing. There is a smaller amount that says it is offset by your accrued benefits from the other plan. Not sure if that is added to the main one or is already figured in. Does anyone know if you have 30 years and retire before you are 65 do you get the full amount?

Says on the statement normal retirement date which is 65. Can anyone shed some light on this?

First of all, what is the other plan? I was under the impression, there were changes to those hired after 2008. That those people hired prior 2008 ,the same formula is being used as described in the 2006 SPD publication. Did we miss something?

First of all, what is the other plan? I was under the impression, there were changes to those hired after 2008. That those people hired prior 2008 ,the same formula is being used as described in the 2006 SPD publication. Did we miss something?

I'm not sure accelerator. I got another 4 years before my wife turns 65 before I even consider retiring...

As some one who was hired in 2008 (Sept) do I even have a pension of some kind??

roadrnnr2007 said:
As some one who was hired in 2008 (Sept) do I even have a pension of some kind??

I never received a pension statement until I had 5 years in. Being vested, I got one. I started in 2005. 1 year in old Overnite plan, the rest in UPS plan. Both say I have $90 per month coming for each year of service. I say yes, you do have a pension. But this is UPS so WTF really knows?

Who handles the overnite pension fund? I've been hearing so much about central states being in trouble and reducing retirement payments to stay afloat. The only information I can find seems to apply to package that after ups bought out of central states they take care of any reductions to retirees (2008). Its all just a little confusing. May be a dumb questions but was overnite in the Central States pension fund before ups purchased them and bought ups out of Central states pension?

Who handles the overnite pension fund? I've been hearing so much about central states being in trouble and reducing retirement payments to stay afloat. The only information I can find seems to apply to package that after ups bought out of central states they take care of any reductions to retirees (2008). Its all just a little confusing. May be a dumb questions but was overnite in the Central States pension fund before ups purchased them and bought ups out of Central states pension?

It's not a dumb question. The answer is no.

Overnite, Was always non-union. We had a pretty descent retirement and 401 that they matched 5 or 6% of. Matter of fact I believe the same formula they used to calculate your retirement is the same for UPSF. Needs to be bumped up on next contract...

Guy's, I left Overnite in 99 with 7 years and am vested. I haven't received any statements for years now. Can someone please post an address or link where I and others can contact who ever is now in charge of the pension?

Guy's, I left Overnite in 99 with 7 years and am vested. I haven't received any statements for years now. Can someone please post an address or link where I and others can contact who ever is now in charge of the pension?

Double check but I believe 99 was before they made it 5 years. It use to be 10 years before you were vested...