TForce | UPSF Policy rule books

Teamster251 said:
Doesn't sound like policy, it sounds like a voilation of seniority.
Teamster251 this is a company policy and has been for a very long time. I believe it is a very fair rule. there is "NO" seniority violations going on here.

Linehaul work rule No. 2
"All scheduled runs have priority over extraboard drivers and all attempts will be made to keep the schedules running by substituting loads and running drivers through other locations to keep them on schedule. If a schedule is still cancelled (schedule will in now way be able to run any part of the planned run) the driver will go to the bottom of the extraboard."

Silverhawk1 said:
Teamster251 this is a company policy and has been for a very long time. I believe it is a very fair rule. there is "NO" seniority violations going on here.

Linehaul work rule No. 2
"All scheduled runs have priority over extraboard drivers and all attempts will be made to keep the schedules running by substituting loads and running drivers through other locations to keep them on schedule. If a schedule is still cancelled (schedule will in now way be able to run any part of the planned run) the driver will go to the bottom of the extraboard."

Let me preface this statement by saying:
"Before you all start calling my next remarks condesending, brash, harsh, one sided, or otherwise unexceptable to your terms, these are questions I am imposing to you all with the concern that they are unexceptable and a violation of the treatment of the working man. The man that is working to feed his family, has devoted his life to a company, has given up more than should be asked for and is senior and rightfully due what is his."

So you beleive as a man with over twenty years with the company and is on scheduled run that you should be placed at the bottom of an extrabaord list becuase the comapny deemed it so to cancel your scheduled run?

If they are cancelling scheduled runs how many extra runs could they have?

Enough to keep the senior man busy for the night/day?

What stops the company from cancelling a scheduled run just for the sake of cancelling the senior man's run to force him to the bottom of an extra board list?

What kind of protection does a senior man with a scheduled run have against losing a days pay to a junior man?

Why bother scheduling runs?
Are they scheduled to leave at a certain time?
Are they scheduled to leave to a certain destination?

If it is planned scheduled run, it can't be a very good plan.

Seems the company has plenty of flexiblity to do whatever they want but it only hurts the man that given up all this flexibility.
Are the bill collectors flexible?

Job protection is probally the biggest key to any union contract?
Most hear the phrase and automatically think the phrase means the union will protect your job from closing or the company closing.
It doesn't.
It means exactly what I've been trying to lead to. Protecting "your job", the job you do for your company. If the company has that kind of flexibilty what's next, no vactions or sick/personal days if it get too busy, maybe being forced to do a job you haven't done or be forced into a situation you took a certain job to specifically avoid.

Most of what I read from most of you are that you enjoy that the company can do whatever they want with you whenever they want. You all seem to just want to wait and see what they will do to you next, you'll take and wait for some more.

SilverHawk, the only reason I took the time to answer this was you addressed me in your post. If you or any other reader wants to assume I have this Teamster badboy attitude, go right ahead. All I can say it's the way you want to read my posts. You have to be able to find fault with the Teamster some way so you'll blame it on me and my stereotypical Teamster attitude that represent all the other 1.4 million brothers and sisters of the International Brotherhood of Teamsters. I want sweet talk any of you for the sake of making you happy, that's a sure sign of weakness.

Anyways, I see it as a vioaltion of seniority. Becuase it a "company policy" and it been a "comapny policy" forever doesn't make it right.

Welcome to UPS. Keep you arms and legs in side the vehicle untill is comes to a complete stop and don't say a word, you have no voice.

Good Day T251

Teamster251 said:
Let me preface this statement by saying:
"Before you all start calling my next remarks condesending, brash, harsh, one sided, or otherwise unexceptable to your terms, these are questions I am imposing to you all with the concern that they are unexceptable and a violation of the treatment of the working man. The man that is working to feed his family, has devoted his life to a company, has given up more than should be asked for and is senior and rightfully due what is his."

So you beleive as a man with over twenty years with the company and is on scheduled run that you should be placed at the bottom of an extrabaord list becuase the comapny deemed it so to cancel your scheduled run?

If they are cancelling scheduled runs how many extra runs could they have?

Enough to keep the senior man busy for the night/day?

What stops the company from cancelling a scheduled run just for the sake of cancelling the senior man's run to force him to the bottom of an extra board list?

What kind of protection does a senior man with a scheduled run have against losing a days pay to a junior man?

Why bother scheduling runs?
Are they scheduled to leave at a certain time?
Are they scheduled to leave to a certain destination?

If it is planned scheduled run, it can't be a very good plan.

Seems the company has plenty of flexiblity to do whatever they want but it only hurts the man that given up all this flexibility.
Are the bill collectors flexible?

Job protection is probally the biggest key to any union contract?
Most hear the phrase and automatically think the phrase means the union will protect your job from closing or the company closing.
It doesn't.
It means exactly what I've been trying to lead to. Protecting "your job", the job you do for your company. If the company has that kind of flexibilty what's next, no vactions or sick/personal days if it get too busy, maybe being forced to do a job you haven't done or be forced into a situation you took a certain job to specifically avoid.

Most of what I read from most of you are that you enjoy that the company can do whatever they want with you whenever they want. You all seem to just want to wait and see what they will do to you next, you'll take and wait for some more.

SilverHawk, the only reason I took the time to answer this was you addressed me in your post. If you or any other reader wants to assume I have this Teamster badboy attitude, go right ahead. All I can say it's the way you want to read my posts. You have to be able to find fault with the Teamster some way so you'll blame it on me and my stereotypical Teamster attitude that represent all the other 1.4 million brothers and sisters of the International Brotherhood of Teamsters. I want sweet talk any of you for the sake of making you happy, that's a sure sign of weakness.

Anyways, I see it as a vioaltion of seniority. Becuase it a "company policy" and it been a "comapny policy" forever doesn't make it right.

Welcome to UPS. Keep you arms and legs in side the vehicle untill is comes to a complete stop and don't say a word, you have no voice.

Good Day T251
T251 when we have our annual bids the drivers bid on a run of there choice per there classification seniority. a senior driver can bid on a schedule run or an extraboard run.
If the driver chooses to bid on a scheduled run it is his choice and there is always a small chance during slow times that the run can be canceled and forcing him to the extraboard.
If the driver chooses to bid on an extraboard spot and believe it or not there are a lot of senor drivers that do just that because they have a better chance of going long. It gives them a chance to stay in the system and they can make more money. But there is a small chance during slow times that the extraboard spot will be canceled that night and that driver would NOT work. They don't cancel runs very often. It was noted in my quote of the rule that they do try to find something else to keep the driver in question busy. like it or not when you put your name on a bid senior or not you do need to know the pro's and con's of each bid.

Animo916 said:
WHere do you think I got that picture?
It broke my heart to look at that site, plus the few pieces of equipment that I still see scattered around.
still see a trailer here and there,had many good people that worked for em,knew all the guys here who worked for em,good hardworking guys.still see a penn-yan express,maislin,pilot[with original captains wheel] ,smith transfer,l.t.l[lyons transportation lines],and associated transport trailers here/there.got pictures of em,too,also an interstate systems trailer.lots of tire companies/construction/plumbing companies use them.,boy,how the years go by!got a picture also of an old cooper-jarrett trailer,could'nt help not notice it in an old lot one afternoon.

T,... what seniority? as of 5-1 we all become new hires of UPS Corp. same seniority date, same rule and policy books and look at both legal notices in the front of both books, this is the way it is going to be unless there is a contract. Johnnybegood if you like Overnite so much maybe you and lou can start your own co.

If things were fair, a cancelled bid man would go to the extra board exactly where his seniority would put him. He is being stripped of his seniority if he has to go to the bottom. That way if anybody has to miss a trip it would be the less senior driver missing it. That's what seniority is all about.

stldude44 said:
If things were fair, a cancelled bid man would go to the extra board exactly where his seniority would put him. He is being stripped of his seniority if he has to go to the bottom. That way if anybody has to miss a trip it would be the less senior driver missing it. That's what seniority is all about.

Thank you dude

stldude44 said:

So in other words, what the UPSF policy is doing is punishing the senior driver for their (UPSF) mistake, poor planning, or lack of foresight.

wassesname said:
T,... what seniority? as of 5-1 we all become new hires of UPS Corp. same seniority date, same rule and policy books and look at both legal notices in the front of both books, this is the way it is going to be unless there is a contract. Johnnybegood if you like Overnite so much maybe you and lou can start your own co.
WHAT SENORITY/,here at my terminal thats a:joke: if your a suckhole,then you've got senority,if your not,you don;t if I was hired a year ago,and you were hired today,you blow the terminal manager,I don't,he gives you what he feels like,or what bids you want,BEFORE ME,and sticks me with the sh.t,thats the way it works in this company,favoritism rules the day,always been like that,it's:BS: we definatly need union representation,a contract,with real working conditions,real senority thats really enforced.:duh: :tribehasspoken:

dvr49 said:
You know Buttonman74 with your attitude I don't know how you keep a job . You just hate everything, it's clear you can't handle any kind of supervision. It seams like you have no respect for anyone probably not even yourself
:biglaugh: it's people like 'O' management & their :BS: that give people an attitude:guess what,I hold my job becuase I'M a hell of alot better than most at it at my terminal,the terminal managers little cliche are good at screwing off/up,trashing freight,tearing up equipment,showing up when they feel like it[late],never being written up,or even verbally reprimanded,misloading freight.and no,I don't hate everything,and as far as your claim of me not being able any kind of supervision:moon2: :biglaugh: as a union supporter,I'VE had years & years &years of it,it don't mean a damn thing to me,see,that's the onlything I can honestly say that 'O -NITE' mangement did for me,watch me like a hawk everyday,day in & day out,and it made me a very shrewd/picky about the quality of my work,recouping,counting freight,looking at labels/pro#,filling out t.t's,rebanding ugly freight,properly loading freight on peddle runs,on the proper peddles,unlike the T/M's silly lackey's.see,I would'nt give the bastards the time of day,satisfaction,or luxury of firing me for even the slightest little thing/mistake,dot all my i's/cross all my t's .sure do respect myself,and others,got alot of respect here from my coworkers here too,for having the balls to do this,and go through the sh.t all these years,and keep on going,you kdding,I'M A MARINE,I can take it,also can give it back in triples.by the way,out of curiosity,do you work at 'o',ARE YOU A DRIVER/DOCKWORKER,or maybe your just a T/M,or DISPATCHER ,snooping,sounds like maybe you are.

Mike01 said:
So in other words, what the UPSF policy is doing is punishing the senior driver for their (UPSF) mistake, poor planning, or lack of foresight.
bingo,exactly ,well put:nutkick: :duh: :clap: :clap: way it's always been,poor planning .

wassesname said:

no no no no your hire date and classification date still remain from Onite or Cargo.

Dreemer said:
Has this always been onite policy? Bid run cut then driver to bottom of extra board?

The reason i asked is at Motor Cargo if this happens the bid driver goes to the top of the extra board. The way it should be. Why should a senior man sit home on a holiday while a junior man works?

wassesname said:
If you dislike this company so much and think they are always trying to screw you ,You are in the wrong business because every company is in this business is here to make money union or not....:smilie_132: the last employee book has the same things in them including the employee at will statement..But you have to remember there is the peer review board which i have seen people go to that should have lost thier jobs and won thier cases and remained on thier job with back pay....:duh:

Johnnybegood said:
If you dislike this company so much and think they are always trying to screw you ,You are in the wrong business because every company is in this business is here to make money union or not....:smilie_132: the last employee book has the same things in them including the employee at will statement..But you have to remember there is the peer review board which i have seen people go to that should have lost thier jobs and won thier cases and remained on thier job with back pay....:duh:

Should of lost thier jobs?

Why becuase that's your opinion.

Seems your peer review board saw differently.

Does anything or anyone ever make you happy?

Teamster251 said:
Should of lost thier jobs?

Why becuase that's your opinion.

Seems your peer review board saw differently.

Does anything or anyone ever make you happy?
should of lost their jobs,hmmmmmmmmm?,why,becuase a dispatcher,or T/M did'nt like them,had a hard on for them,had it in for them?:nutkick: saw some at my terminal that constantly screw up/off all the time,and never had to bother going before any peer review board:BS: and ya know what,the T/M or dispatcher can't thank em enought,what a:joke: I know,why don't we do a couple polls,1 on if we've seen examples of this,2. do you really feel comfortable/uncomfortable at captive audience ,anti-union meetings at overnite.:nutkick:

I saw an example of the peer review board working. A driver brought in a trailer from the city with damage. Police said he hit a light pole and toke it down.TM wanted him to admitt it, he said he didnot do any thing. They fired him for refuseing to sign paper. He requested a peer review , found out the cop never saw him hit the pole, no one could point him out as the one to knock it down. He got his job back. So it does work. I'm getting tired of employee's knocking this company. If you don't like the managment get another job.

dvr49 said:
I saw an example of the peer review board working. A driver brought in a trailer from the city with damage. Police said he hit a light pole and toke it down.TM wanted him to admitt it, he said he didnot do any thing. They fired him for refuseing to sign paper. He requested a peer review , found out the cop never saw him hit the pole, no one could point him out as the one to knock it down. He got his job back. So it does work. I'm getting tired of employee's knocking this company. If you don't like the managment get another job.
you first,be our guest:biglaugh: :rofl2: :GrowUp: :sadwavey:after you,it's all yours,friend,all yours.