ODFL | US 400 trailer fire

I take it your congears/dollies have their own landing gear? Our company doesn’t.
They're just like yours!! This super trucker pulled out from the back box somehow, went back and drooped the gear and left it close enough that it caught the trailer on fire. In guessing the gear caught fire while it was sitting still and the tires finally got hot enough to catch!! Elementary my dear Watson!!

They're just like yours!! This super trucker pulled out from the back box somehow, went back and drooped the gear and left it close enough that it caught the trailer on fire. In guessing the gear caught fire while it was sitting still and the tires finally got hot enough to catch!! Elementary my dear Watson!!
Wow. How did he pull the pin over the flames?
And it’s Dad..not Watson, Buster..

I wonder if it was a new 850 gear...a terminal in the PNW had the same thing happe a few weeks ago only tire fell off but gear was badly damaged from fire and front of trailer and sides were damaged along with wiring in front of trailer...folks might want to keep an eye on them new gears cold be a problem starting