2vrsrv8.jpg

Interesting pair up!

2d7dl04.jpg

m78e8x.jpg

4gnsyu.jpg

Ready to roll!

noj2aw.jpg

Sleepers home for the weekend

It's nice to see some Companies still using Cornbinder 9400i, instead of the prostar anomaly.

Sleepers are usually Teams that go on Routes that present problems going home every night, at least from what I saw when I shuttled Loaded Trailers to many Teams at designated D-n-H locations.

Are the NEW TRUCKS Autoshift as in FULL AUTO (no clutch pedal)??

Sleepers are used on runs that are 250+ miles one way meaning your stops could range from 250 to 500 miles from Dallas. One team runs a Garland to Brownsville 1100 mile run in 22 to 26 hours depending on the stops three times a week. The sleepers that run single have the option to sleep in the truck with $$$ incentive or stay at a motel. The new Cascadias are full auto shift.

Sleepers are used on runs that are 250+ miles one way meaning your stops could range from 250 to 500 miles from Dallas. One team runs a Garland to Brownsville 1100 mile run in 22 to 26 hours depending on the stops three times a week. The sleepers that run single have the option to sleep in the truck with $$$ incentive or stay at a motel. The new Cascadias are full auto shift.

My Cascadia is full auto, I wish it had a sleeper!

I don't think I could do Garland to Brownsville 3 times a week with anyone, maybe twice, taking our time, or once by myself, anymore I only get in a hurry if I'm sure its going to benefit me, even working like that I get back to the yard before most of the guys, and I run alot of miles per day.

No trick grocerythrower. It's the real deal. Sad isn't it. Even a can of Krylon would be better than nothing!

hey rowdy, do those guys with sleeper trucks usually take the hotel, or sleep in the truck? i couldn't imagine peddling food all day, and then having to shower at a truckstop, if you were lucky enough to have one around.

buffalobill I think the new wore off the sleeping in the truck thing. It's more like a good place to take a nap when your shut down at lunch time!

Nice trucks. What do yall use those big 53 and 48 footers for? Do yall unload those by hand too? I can't even imagine. The ones I see at Sysco all have liftgates on them..

Go do my old road routes at my last company, no lift gate, 22 pallets on a 48', 1200 cases. LOL

Go do my old road routes at my last company, no lift gate, 22 pallets on a 48', 1200 cases. LOL

Screw that! I have done 1200 and more off the ramp and out the side doors, I'm done with it, shuttle is boring and we put in tons of hours but it beats dealing with all the groceries on ****ty trailers, and we have them plenty.

This morning on my last trip in I pullled an old 40' and an old 28', it rode like hell but the product was still standing according to the drivers, I was amazed, I felt like I was being bucked off a horse pulling that spring ride front loaded crap!

Screw that! I have done 1200 and more off the ramp and out the side doors, I'm done with it, shuttle is boring and we put in tons of hours but it beats dealing with all the groceries on ****ty trailers, and we have them plenty.

This morning on my last trip in I pullled an old 40' and an old 28', it rode like hell but the product was still standing according to the drivers, I was amazed, I felt like I was being bucked off a horse pulling that spring ride front loaded crap!
Do 11 stops, 560 miles of driven, and 1100 cases in 14 hours and then have to sleep in the truck, then we will talk, lol. The last 100 cases for the last stop had to be unloaded in the middle of the night, couldn't get a big truck in the lot when they where open, lol.

Oh and glad to see you went back to shuttle. Enjoy it, you deserve and earned it. I'm not ready to do a shuttle run.....................yet ;)

Do 11 stops, 560 miles of driven, and 1100 cases in 14 hours and then have to sleep in the truck, then we will talk, lol. The last 100 cases for the last stop had to be unloaded in the middle of the night, couldn't get a big truck in the lot when they where open, lol.

Oh and glad to see you went back to shuttle. Enjoy it, you deserve and earned it. I'm not ready to do a shuttle run.....................yet ;)

I know for a fact I could not get that done Double R, so their ain't nothin to talk about LOL, I know my limits, give me 2 days with a laydown and yea, I could handle it, other than that they could forget it! I love working in the daylight, I went to shuttle because I felt I had no choice, either that or quit, I make more on shuttle than I did on the route since they went to the new pay system.