1. I need some pickup truck owners to visit my next project and help me get it off the ground by registering and posting a few pics and providing a little feedback and suggestions . Go to Truckingboards.net

POLITICS USDA approves Chinese chicken

Discussion in 'Washington D.C.' started by JIM BOB, Nov 15, 2013.

1. JIM BOB

JIM BOB Super Moderator Staff Member

USDA approves import of chicken processed in China despite safety concerns | The D.C. ClotheslineThe D.C. Clothesline

'In other words, the chickens are first slaughtered in the United States or another country like Mexico, then shipped to China where the dead chickens would be cooked, then shipped back to the United States to be sold to consumers!'

Japan nuked our seafood,Monsanto is killing us with GMO veggies and now China will poison us with our own chicken.

2. Northern Flash

Northern Flash Where is the apology for lying? AD-FREE USER

Driver Since:
    Maaaaaan we're stupid.:regretful:

3. RacerX69

RacerX69 Retired Gear Jammer/IBEW Retired/Wingnut

The Chinese workers must be working pretty cheap. It will cost more to ship the poultry there and back than it will too pay them to process it. With the trouble inspectors have keeping the Chinese from using child labor, there is no way they will be able to insure that the meat is processed to the standards we require.

I agree.

Such a stupid idea.

Oh, and who is gonna want to eat chicken that has been killed, frozen, shipped 5,000 miles, thawed out, processed, frozen (again), shipped 5,000 miles (again), then placed on the shelves at your local WallyWorld.

Not this Cowboy.

No way.

4. Ice Rider

Ice Rider Well-Known Member

Did they mention it will be marketed as "fresh chicken"?

5. RickyRicardo

RickyRicardo Well-Known Member

Kung Poa Chicken?

or maybe Killing Folks Chicken

[​IMG]

6. kboomarang

kboomarang My allah, between pie and mode AD-FREE USER

Driver Since:
    They can't even do up dog treats and snacks made from chicken without causing dogs to get sick or even die, I always check the labels on frozen seafood another big export for them and avoid it like the plague if its from China. I do Chinese but its usually in the form of local take-out.

7. Northern Flash

Driver Since:
    Most of the Chinese restaurants change locations quite often. Once their neighborhood runs out of cats they relocate. Just kiddin'.:hide::9529::biglaugh:

"Tastes like Chicken".

8. sharpshooter

sharpshooter Well-Known Member

I'm not sure that's a joke..lol.

9. sharpshooter

sharpshooter Well-Known Member

Where is Lindsey Graham?? Why isn't he protecting his constituents?? I guess he won't need amnesty for SC poultry workers if he allows this, right?

10. RickyRicardo

Some of you members from my generation may remember what a piece of chicken used to look like. I clearly remember my grandmother or mother frying chicken in an ordinary skillet on the stove. You could flip over the pieces in a half inch of cooking oil and cook them thoroughly. And back then there were usually only one or two overweight children in the entire school.

Today's steroid inflated chicken won't even fit in a frying pan. You can bake it in the oven or go to KFC, Popeyes, et al for your fried fix where they submerge the turkey sized pieces in their giant deep fat fryers.

I don't foresee this happening but I would love a return to a home grown based agricultural/manufacturing economy. I would gladly spend more for naturally raised, normal sized poultry that comes from the next county rather than the next hemisphere. I know a member with a loyal clientele for the eggs that come from the barn behind her house. I would much rather give a neighbor my business than some slave labor craphole in China that doesn't care how many of us they poison.

But too many Americans have developed this Walmart mentality where cheaper/ bigger is always better and don't give a damn where it comes from. The more money they save by not buying healthy food and quality products is more money they have left over to blow on more stupid crap they don't need.

11. Woody

Woody pecker Champion

Lead base chicken, with fries...

12. Northern Flash

Driver Since:
    I agree Ricky. More people need to buy local home-grown veggies also. In my area we have roadside stands and people selling their products all over the place. When it's available, we buy it from them. If more people would buy from these folks it would encourage more to grow it. And of course, at a bigger scale.

13. Magoo

Magoo You don't have to be Einstein to figure it out

The big mega conglomerate farms grow produce for shipping and appearance not flavor.
    They have huge crews of imported labor go thought the fields and pick unripe fruits then it goes into a room where it is gassed with ethylene to turn the color but its still unripe and will never attain the flavor it should be.
    When the pickers leave they turn off the irrigation and let it die
    So people come to know that vegetables & fruits don't really taste good and don't buy much.

14. RickyRicardo

I finally had the time and place to start a garden again a few years ago and had forgotten how a tomato should taste and how it should appear when sliced into. There is no comparison.

My favorite thing about California was stopping at the roadside farm in Beaumont at the I-10/60 split. The strawberries they sold were monstrous, near tennis ball size and the juice would run out like a garden tomato. I've never seen anything close in a grocery store.

15. Starkravinloon

Starkravinloon Hero's Falling At Home

Hey Slave, here's some more of that "free trade" at it's best from the union supported Prez... LMAO

16. Starkravinloon

Starkravinloon Hero's Falling At Home

"Mega Farms" are in business for quick growth and mass harvests.... Growth hormones put in the fertilizer(not a joke,look it up) causes rapid growth and less taste.. I hate those store bought veggies.. Just don't taste right...

One the Barry supporters (Monsanto) produces these hormones by the millions of barrels...

17. Woody

Woody pecker Champion

After a few bong hits...it tastes grEater.

18. Magoo

If I moved out west I might try a garden again but its a lot more work then we think its going to be.This area is prone to fungus problems, insects and rats & mice. Your lucky if you can pick something before a critter gets it LOL

19. Magoo

The horn worms ate my plants

20. Woody

Woody pecker Champion

That sucks dude......puff.....puff

....lol

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 19, 2013