Central Transport | usf holland buying vitran...

jimmygeorge76

TB Lurker
Credits
was asked by a dayton driver about this today. said holland has told their drivers that they were going to make a play on vitran. was going to buy vitran/pjax lay off 95% of the work force, take the loss but the frieght would keep them above water. i haven't heard any of this has any one else heard this bs rumor? if any truth to this wouldn't it be yrc and not holland?

Dayton driver was smokin dope this weekend sounds like

Yes, YRC owns USF so YRC would be buying Vit/Pjax only problem is that YRC cannot buy a roll of toilet paper these days so I would assume this is a fools rumor.

Dayton driver was smokin dope this weekend sounds like

Yes, YRC owns USF so YRC would be buying Vit/Pjax only problem is that YRC cannot buy a roll of toilet paper these days so I would assume this is a fools rumor.

I had this dream last nite, all yrc employees signed a pack that they would work for minimum wage for 1 year, and our owner, Farah Fawcet, promised us that after we ran every one out of business she would raise our pay to $78.42 per hour plus tips. Pretty Kool huh

was asked by a dayton driver about this today. said holland has told their drivers that they were going to make a play on vitran. was going to buy vitran/pjax lay off 95% of the work force, take the loss but the frieght would keep them above water. i haven't heard any of this has any one else heard this bs rumor? if any truth to this wouldn't it be yrc and not holland?

YRC can't buy any non-union company right now.
Heck they can't afford what they got.
If and when they do get in a postition, what might happen is they would buy the accounts from P-Jax/Vitran and then lay off 100% of the work force.

I sure wish I knew who the Dayton driver was so I could send him for a drug screen. That is a real silly rumor but stranger things have happened.

If and when they do get in a postition, what might happen is they would buy the accounts from P-Jax/Vitran and then lay off 100% of the work force.

They can buy anything,until ratification????

Yes!, and I am told........

They can buy anything,until ratification????

JUST IN< from the office of Jack Daniels, the wooden shoe is involved in intense talks with Vitran/p-jax. to help with the givebacks. Yellow is going to buy the freight and the cash flow, all drivers will be teamsters ASAP, some are kicking, they do not want a pay increse to 90% of scale, they want full scale. Some say the beneifits are way to much. They will Vote. shoe will haul all local freight and new penn will not get any, because they are over worked right now, as they feel they need fulll scale also. all vitran drivers will put on wooden shoes. Long haul to be pulled by YRWC, Reddaway will link up and go along with the program, as they want faster trucks. The economic down turn will be over by Christmas. Santa is on the wagon, so no red nose on him and Rudolph is the last deer left as all others were laid off, all got called back, however they are either turning down work or will not answer their phones. I heard some of the deer, are talking jobs as guides for deer hunting parties.:hysterical::hysterical: I will be right back , as Jack just called me.

how can holland buy us they are owned by yellow

How did RedStar buy Valerie when they were owned by USF?
How did Red Star buy CBL when they were owned by USF?
How did Red Star buy Mercury Dist when they were owned by USF?

Roadway, Yellow, Holland, New Penn operate as seperate companies under the holding umbrella or YellowRoadway Corp.

If Holland see an opportunity to better its company with the purchase of another they'll do it.

Remember if the YRC corp goes belly up it doesn't mean Yellow Freight Systems, or Roadway Express, or USF Holland, or USF Reddaway, or New Penn Moter Express will close the doors also. They are all seperatly operated companies.

Have a nice Day T251

Remember if the YRC corp goes belly up it doesn't mean Yellow Freight Systems, or Roadway Express, or USF Holland, or USF Reddaway, or New Penn Moter Express will close the doors also

If that's the case then YRC wouldn't be begging the U for a concession in the middle of a contract cycle. I think YRC (poor management) has already sucked all the money out of the aforementioned companies thus requiring drastic measures for a life raft

How did RedStar buy Valerie when they were owned by USF?
How did Red Star buy CBL when they were owned by USF?
How did Red Star buy Mercury Dist when they were owned by USF?

Roadway, Yellow, Holland, New Penn operate as seperate companies under the holding umbrella or YellowRoadway Corp.

If Holland see an opportunity to better its company with the purchase of another they'll do it.

Remember if the YRC corp goes belly up it doesn't mean Yellow Freight Systems, or Roadway Express, or USF Holland, or USF Reddaway, or New Penn Moter Express will close the doors also. They are all seperatly operated companies.

Have a nice Day T251

DUDE YOUR THR MAN!! Great comment and explaination...
Been watching your board and others just to see what is going on in the trucking world and many others have tried to put it out there but never came close!

Yrc cannot buy non union company without prior approval of union.

Thats not exactly true. They would not lay off 100% of the work force. They would terminate 100% percent of the work force due to the fact that they are non union.