Central Transport | USF Holland vs Central Transport

I’ve been at Holland for 15 years both on the road board and city board. Before that 8 years at PJAX. PJAX was ultimately sold and bought by central. The people who were still there hate central but that’s all I know about them. Each terminal at Holland is different. At Columbus you need years to get a good line haul bid. City not much time at all. Other terminals are just the opposite. I am really glad I came to Holland. Others hate it. Do your homework for the terminal you are looking at.

Go with Holland stay out all week easily make $1400 to $2000+ gross! Central wants you to work the dock up to your 14th hour everyday if you don't have a run over 500 miles at least in my area by Chicago.

Hello all,

I currently have offers from both USF Holland and Central Transportation. Can anyone give me any tips on which one to go with? I’m new to ltl and only know a little about each company. What I do know is that Central pays better but Holland has the better benefits (by far). Central offers a better work schedule than running unassigned at Holland for who knows how long.

I’m really just looking for some opinions of the pros and cons to each company. Thanks in advance!
The pros? Go to Holland.
The cons? When you go anywhere near a Central terminal, look straight ahead,and keep driving.