ABF | Utility Employees

converted

TB Lurker
Credits
Before the ABF contract was voted on we were told in a meeting at the hall by a negotiator that the $1.00 per hour would not be reduced by 7%.....but guess what? Seems to be a loop hole in the contract that allows them to reduce it. Any one else seen this in your pay. Please check it out. All 5 ue drivers at our barn have it reduced. Check your stubs and find out.

I don't see a loophole. I see clear language that provides for $1.00/hr over the going rate for UE and $.02/mile additional for sleeper teams.

I don't see a loophole. I see clear language that provides for $1.00/hr over the going rate for UE and $.02/mile additional for sleeper teams.

On page 71...MOU to ABF NMFA, 3rd paragraph. Find the words" incentive pay" according to the girl who does our payroll, home office says that incentive pay is UE pay so it will be minus 7%.

I do see that MOU now and it looks like the negotiator at the hall misled you.

They take the 7% off of the u.e. Full rate which works out to 93 cents more instead of a dollar more then non-u.e. full rate. If they gave u.e. The full dollar then they would only be giving back 6.75% of non-u.e. Rate. Oh boy now I'm confused! ...before the give back -$24.38 u.e.-$25.38 after give back-$22.67 u.e.-$23.60 difference of .07 cents. Happy Thanksgiving everybody!

They take the 7% off of the u.e. Full rate which works out to 93 cents more instead of a dollar more then non-u.e. full rate. If they gave u.e. The full dollar then they would only be giving back 6.75% of non-u.e. Rate. Oh boy now I'm confused! ...before the give back -$24.38 u.e.-$25.38 after give back-$22.67 u.e.-$23.60 difference of .07 cents. Happy Thanksgiving everybody!
I recommend just keeping it simple. When you open your check look at the amount payable line, only the amount payable line, figure you can spend that...OOOOO yea, can't forget, just be glad you have a job.