1. All employers have a social media policy, Your identity is UNKNOWN on Truckingboards unless you reveal it somehow yourself. When you post to Facebook Trucking Groups, everybody knows your name. Think about it.

YRC Utility Power

Discussion in 'YRC Freight' started by wolleyworldd, Jun 17, 2008.

1. wolleyworldd

wolleyworldd Member

Hi,
    All you guys that have been doing utility in CTI CLD etc,What kind of power have you been running to the sort hubs?
    Single axles, twin screws,city tractors,road power?
    Seems to me with the start of this in other terminals power is going to be in short supply.
    Thanks,
    wolleyworldd

2. HiwayHombre

HiwayHombre Well-Known Member

I see anything that will move rolling onto the yard in CTI... Depending on where the next day driver is from, some drive city equipment and some drive road power...

CTI looks like an old graveyard that comes to life after dark... Or an antique truck show... Or both...:1036316054:

I see old ABF Macks, old Holland Fords, old AF Volvos and old retired Yellow road power on the yard in CTI at night...

3. stpinindy

stpinindy Well-Known Member

Indy only sends tandem road units on ue but with the change that could change.

4. Cab Lizzard

Cab Lizzard Well-Known Member

50777 is just what the UE needs!
    Great AIR !!
    Request it finest in the fleet.

5. 8andthegate

8andthegate Member

In col we are setting up dual use tractors.[Read linehaul vns converted to city power] 62mph max. the pse guys were driving 07/08 model tandems.

6. Comftblynumb

Comftblynumb Member

Those of us left on the road after the change are going to be riding in some real junk for a while. Terminals in the NE are parking any nice new equipment that comes through the yard holding them for thier UE guys. I've never seen so many sterlings in BUF. Waiting to get an old 14 corn binder for a few weeks until these folks get all thier guys set up and some decent power filters back to us again.

7. roadhazard

roadhazard Active Member

47228 would be my choice.....great air ....76 mph

8. 8andthegate

8andthegate Member

Col is also fixing up a million mile fld120 freight shaker we got from dugan or bestway . it is going to mt. vernon NY.

9. stldude44

stldude44 Well-Known Member

A little birdie said that these dual use tractors will soon all run at least 65mph.

10. x475

x475 Well-Known Member

Utility drivers to be paid by the hour instead of mileage, and now the trucks are sped up!:hysterical:

11. hank_612

hank_612 Member

UE tractors will be 99 and newer VNs (13,50 numbers) they will be set to 62 like all dual purpose tractors. There was a recent mod #134 to ensure road speed and idle time were set correctly on the UE units. This is why you hardly see a 13 series anymore. 90 percent have been converted.

12. 8andthegate

8andthegate Member

We have 10 sitting in col waiting. the134 mod is over kill, we check the ecm settings on every "d" pm we do. yellow will probably never turn the units up due to "mpg".