Yellow | Utility Power

wolleyworldd

TB Lurker
Credits
Hi,
All you guys that have been doing utility in CTI CLD etc,What kind of power have you been running to the sort hubs?
Single axles, twin screws,city tractors,road power?
Seems to me with the start of this in other terminals power is going to be in short supply.
Thanks,
wolleyworldd

Hi,
All you guys that have been doing utility in CTI CLD etc,What kind of power have you been running to the sort hubs?
Single axles, twin screws,city tractors,road power?
Seems to me with the start of this in other terminals power is going to be in short supply.
Thanks,
wolleyworldd
I see anything that will move rolling onto the yard in CTI... Depending on where the next day driver is from, some drive city equipment and some drive road power...

CTI looks like an old graveyard that comes to life after dark... Or an antique truck show... Or both...:1036316054:

I see old ABF Macks, old Holland Fords, old AF Volvos and old retired Yellow road power on the yard in CTI at night...

In col we are setting up dual use tractors.[Read linehaul vns converted to city power] 62mph max. the pse guys were driving 07/08 model tandems.

Those of us left on the road after the change are going to be riding in some real junk for a while. Terminals in the NE are parking any nice new equipment that comes through the yard holding them for thier UE guys. I've never seen so many sterlings in BUF. Waiting to get an old 14 corn binder for a few weeks until these folks get all thier guys set up and some decent power filters back to us again.

UE tractors will be 99 and newer VNs (13,50 numbers) they will be set to 62 like all dual purpose tractors. There was a recent mod #134 to ensure road speed and idle time were set correctly on the UE units. This is why you hardly see a 13 series anymore. 90 percent have been converted.

We have 10 sitting in col waiting. the134 mod is over kill, we check the ecm settings on every "d" pm we do. yellow will probably never turn the units up due to "mpg".