New Penn | V.P. Gone

new TM at 03 is Gregg, he was long time supervisor at 03, been 2nd I command at 03 , what ever that title is for awhile now. I always though good guy, but we all know what becoming a TM does to you.

your statement "they are ready to go" I think says it all, there is a lot of good npme people that could fill the ranks of saia motor freight, and they have a chance to really take off in the northeast. I think the whole group of yrc companys are going to feel the effect of the new guy in town. if they operate even half as how they claim they do, saia that is, customers will see they don't have to except incompetence in there every day shipping any more.

new TM at 03 is Gregg, he was long time supervisor at 03, been 2nd I command at 03 , what ever that title is for awhile now. I always though good guy, but we all know what becoming a TM does to you.
Did you guys give a lot of work during the change? We lost the two bids from charlotte coming up there.

your statement "they are ready to go" I think says it all, there is a lot of good npme people that could fill the ranks of saia motor freight, and they have a chance to really take off in the northeast. I think the whole group of yrc companys are going to feel the effect of the new guy in town. if they operate even half as how they claim they do, saia that is, customers will see they don't have to except incompetence in there every day shipping any more.

Saia was bought by Preston in 1987. I remember back in '93 Saia's profitable operation was the main reason they bought Preston. I don't know how Saia got away from Yellow's grips, (I think in reason it was tied with Jevic), but they have survived and still a strong growing carrier. Must have been the one and only carrier the "got away" and survived.

Also note the Yellow/Preston purchase was also the last straw for St. Johnsbury. After Yellow's announcement of the Preston purchase in '93 St. J threw in the towel and shut down, even though we had just gone for the 9% pay-cut after rejecting the 12% pay-cut to survive offer.

Saia was bought by Preston in 1987. I remember back in '93 Saia's profitable operation was the main reason they bought Preston. I don't know how Saia got away from Yellow's grips, (I think in reason it was tied with Jevic), but they have survived and still a strong growing carrier. Must have been the one and only carrier the "got away" and survived.

Also note the Yellow/Preston purchase was also the last straw for St. Johnsbury. After Yellow's announcement of the Preston purchase in '93 St. J threw in the towel and shut down, even though we had just gone for the 9% pay-cut after rejecting the 12% pay-cut to survive offer.
I remember that like it was yesterday st
J. Vet, and yes when I went to jevic we were tied into saia. They also tried to close us down two years prior to when we went down in 08'

This is a bit off topic but I'm curious if you guys know that the CEO of SAIA is married to Bill Zollars daughter. Yes, the man that many believe was the downfall of Yellow. Rick O'dell the CEO of SAIA has great insight on how to expand without overextending. SAIA is fixing to take Pennsylvania by storm.

vFbUzDB.jpg

This is a bit off topic but I'm curious if you guys know that the CEO of SAIA is married to Bill Zollars daughter. Yes, the man that many believe was the downfall of Yellow. Rick O'dell the CEO of SAIA has great insight on how to expand without overextending. SAIA is fixing to take Pennsylvania by storm.
Believe hell he was the cause for this ::shit:: storm that's slowly turning around.

Rick O'dell the CEO of SAIA has great insight on how to expand without overextending.
And where does he get this insight from? Anyone can just look at what Zollars did and garner their own insight on what not to do. It's all public information.

I remember that like it was yesterday st
J. Vet, and yes when I went to jevic we were tied into saia. They also tried to close us down two years prior to when we went down in 08'
I would think most on here know it, the conspiracy theories are running wild everything from YRC still controlling SAIA to SAIA buying New Penn. The one thing that is true is that these CEO's and executives make sure they look out for each other even across company lines.
SAIA has hired some good people from New Penn but also a few worthless ones. I think this move will mean the companies operating in the area will just have a thinner slice of the pie.

And where does he get this insight from? Anyone can just look at what Zollars did and garner their own insight on what not to do. It's all public information.
True, but sitting around during Christmas, Thanksgiving, Birthdays ... etc ... at family gatherings I always get helpful advice and that's not that Rick needs it. I guess my point is it's a small world. I posted it mostly as trivial information. This small world in Pennsylvania is about to get a bit larger. Competition is a good thing.