Central Transport | Vacation ???????

imported_wisdriver

TB Lurker
Credits
Has anyone talk to a lawyer about they way they took our vacation away on december 31 2009 an then gave back with new calender yrs starting jan 1 2010 making us all have vacation that starts jan 1 -dec 31?????

no one lost any vacation . relax .. i saw the memo . if the word hasnt got over to you guys it will any day. you will get what your intitled to

umm It' s called fringe benifets. We had a drive contact the wage and our board. theres nothing you can do about it/,.
He right theres really nothing you can do about it its a benifets theres no law about fringe benifets they are to retain employes and since this company dose not care about employes it only makes sence.

We just got notice converting our vacation time from days to hours to avoid confusion (so they say). I went from having one week + 1 day to 45 hours Vacation time. No matter how I figure it, I got cheated! Could it be the metric to english thing?:biglaugh: But I am used to it, since they laid me off a year ago for just a month and I would have had over two weeks vacation, but they changed my hire date! Working at Pjax/Vitran is like dating a crackwhore. Turn your back and they take something!

Yeah that seems to be the problem with everyone. Some people made out good or broke even some got the shaft. Nobody can really explain how they came up with the numbers thats whats is questionable.

Has anyone talk to a lawyer about they way they took our vacation away on december 31 2009 an then gave back with new calender yrs starting jan 1 2010 making us all have vacation that starts jan 1 -dec 31?????

My Brother-in-law is a lawyer and says hourly employees are "at will" employees and are non-contractual. Meaning employment is on a day to day basis along with benefits and work rules.
As long as they change the rules across the board there is natta you can do about it.