ABF | Vacations

Credits
My local ABF brother tells me you almost got your vacation back. He says they are now cheating you guys out of one year service to get your vacation time. I have been a ltl teamster since 1979. Vacation has ALWAYS been after 1st full year you get one week. All other milestones are 2 weeks-one full year plus 60% of year two. 3 weeks-seven years plus 60% of year eight. 4 weeks-14 full years plus 60% of year fifteen. My ABF brother says they want the full 2, 8, 15 years and then 60% of the following year. This is wrong. Did the International bungle reinstatement of your fully earned vacation, or is the company trying to bullshit a weak (ignorant non ltl) local business agent?

As far as I can tell its just this transition period that makes you have to work 60 percent of your next year to get the NEW week, and follow the normal schedule from then on. This thing has been a cluster from the beginning so I cant even say the sky is blue anymore.

my anniv is 7/09. i am currently working into my 15 yr anniv. after 188 tours, i get 4 wks. was at 2 due to cut. so 2 to 4. i see no change in old schedule.

As far as I can tell its just this transition period that makes you have to work 60 percent of your next year to get the NEW week, and follow the normal schedule from then on. This thing has been a cluster from the beginning so I cant even say the sky is blue anymore.
Still better than STDF Standard Forwarding. End last contract @ $20.04. Three year deal $.35 in the pocket every 6 months for $2.10 in 3 years. Class 16 pension, M9 health and welfare, 3 paid sick days, 2 unpaid. Vacation is NMFA except 9 years for 3 weeks per addendum to the contract.