ODFL | Vaccine Mandate

Things are about to get rough. Curious how many drivers or other employees at OD and other companies retire early or quit.
Having been around this industry for around fifty years and having heard so many chest-thumping guys talk tough but then fall into line I have to laugh at the idea that there will be mass retirements/quits over this. Talk is cheap and big bluster talk is even cheaper. :smile new:

Having been around this industry for around fifty years and having heard so many chest-thumping guys talk tough but then fall into line I have to laugh at the idea that there will be mass retirements/quits over this. Talk is cheap and big bluster talk is even cheaper. :smile new:
Yep. Hearing a lot of talk, but it sounds awfully familiar.

I'm going to hold off as long as possible. If they offer weekly testing I'll gladly go down to the clinic every week. Gives me the opportunity to get the hell out of work. Before u all jump down my throat about not being able to do it on the clock I'm salaried so I get paid regardless.

I’m set. Been set for a couple of years. The day it comes down, that’s the day I clean out the truck. But wait.......do you really think that Biden and his gaggle of goons can pull this off?
No I do not. I’m willing to put money on that Biden already forgot about this mandate. I do not understand why this administration is set on dividing us on vaccine. If you want one get one if not don’t. It should be that simple.

With being tested as an option on the table as well with this mandate..wonder how many will choose to be tested weekly. Thatll crush a small terminal with say 30 drivers and 15 end up out every week for a few days pending results. Makes me wonder if this would push od to just pay the penalty to keep business running normal. Think of the effects of 100s-1000s of od employees out pending results EVERY week! Thats going to be a huge problem!! I will elect testing but itll be a last minute decision for me. I wont get no jabs

With being tested as an option on the table as well with this mandate..wonder how many will choose to be tested weekly. Thatll crush a small terminal with say 30 drivers and 15 end up out every week for a few days pending results. Makes me wonder if this would push od to just pay the penalty to keep business running normal. Think of the effects of 100s-1000s of od employees out pending results EVERY week! Thats going to be a huge problem!! I will elect testing but itll be a last minute decision for me. I wont get no jabs

The penalty is $14,000 per violation. Each person untested or unvaccinated would be a violation. Doubt OD would be willing to cover that. They'll probably make us buy our own quick tests every week.

This aints even be passing why u drivers get riled up over nothing…,,, for some reason it does go through unless you retiring soon you aints gonna be going no where,,, all truckers big bs’ers.

I’m set. Been set for a couple of years. The day it comes down, that’s the day I clean out the truck. But wait.......do you really think that Biden and his gaggle of goons can pull this off?
You’re absolutely right my friend I’m hoping most people in the last 10 or years I’ve gotten their house in order it’s only 3% of people decide to turn their papers in and retire because of whatever philosophical reason they may have about the shot which by the way I don’t give a ::shit:: either way then there will be such a disruption to the supply chain that they will never allow that to happen there’s too much money being left behind somebody will come in and pick it up OD will never allow that to happen my friend, don’t worry all this is is this a bunch of talk

An unvaccinated minority that doesn’t watch the news or trust the news or the science,is putting the vaccinated majority at undue risk. Don’t let the door hit you in the ass.
First of all you didn’t even read the post you’re a victim of your own stupidity I say again I don’t give a ::shit:: if you get it or not I’m talking facts dumb ass ,look at the age of the average truck driver today do you think everybody’s a poor ass driver? Lock the bottom line is you’re probably too young to remember we had to wait for hours to get a tank of gas because of shortages I don’t want to be a victim of some political bullshit between the two parties and force me to wait in line for three hours for a gallon of milk and by the way the door swings both ways don’t be blinded buy your hatred toward people everybody wants to work just don’t make me suffer because of your political beliefs

No I do not. I’m willing to put money on that Biden already forgot about this mandate. I do not understand why this administration is set on dividing us on vaccine. If you want one get one if not don’t. It should be that simple.
Biden's dumb self may forget, but those pushing and holding him up won't forget. They are the ones we need to watch. Too much work from behind closed doors in this administration.