ODFL | vaccine mandate

I dream someday I will reincarnate as a Fedex suit.

Then we reforms yah?

I was in DM Bowman years ago in the 90's at Williamsport. They are a good outfit but like to pick on them a little bit. I come up from Alabama that week walked into a freezing 55 degree blast cooler of a dispatch office in one of the smaller annexes on the yard property, see about 30 suits. Not just suits but vests, choking ties and additional accessories to the 9's a freaking fashion competition in there. 90 degrees out.

Im dressed for the south, 110 degrees in the shade and really light in clothing.

I got chewed out for 15 minutes standing there among all those suits pumping out way too much heat.

That simple act over 15 minutes absolutely and irrevocably destroyed for my lifetime any desire to deal with the stupid suits who do not connect with reality. I amuse myself dreaming that they are down there in Alabama throwing 80 pound canned boxes onto a 110 degree dock dressed to the 9's

I hear you.. it can be pretty sad what they think of us sometimes. I had a consignee yesterday where there was someone dressed nicer than his workers. they were talking and I was at least 15 feet away and didn't know where to go or who to ask for help. The guy dressed nicely said we are in a meeting here YOU BETTER go over there. It took every ounce of me to not destroy him In front of his employees. BUT I knew I'd be fired unfortunately.

I have had caused problems for upper management in various places a few times, but did not HURT the dear suits on the dock.

One in particular was territorial. 5 foot aught nothing. Yea wide. Arms akimbo. Blocking my way.... I come on with a manual jack and a 8 foot 3 ton double pallets. It aint stopping as I turned around the glossy squeaky shoe of the suit containing a foot that cannot be contained within.

HEY! Damn wtf? Step off driver omg etc etc etc.

Excuse me suit, you are in a loading dock, you going to help or are you going to make trouble holding this up?

He purples. I dont think overweight people should stroke like that in front of me that angry that fast. He stomped or rather bounced away. Jiggling his buttons loose. One clattered to the cement.

I had to go into the tractor sleeper, close all the curtians and just howl with laughter. I was still laughing on the other side of the USA after that episode.

Fast forward a month, company yard suit calls me into the back room. The one where profanity is used without upsetting the newly minted wokes in the main bay. The abuse I got while I stood there trying to remember Mr Buttons...

I laughed harder. I put the button on the suits desk. He raised a eyebrow and asked if I was mentally unstable. I just lost it at that point. Laughed myself right out of a job. Its hard to write and convey the hysterical uncontrollable human emotion when one finds something too funny to deal with.

Anyone hear anything from corporate about their plan on the vaccine mandate? Had my first customer warn every driver will have to be vaccinated or show a recent negative test to enter.

Kohler Co (toilets, sinks, engines) in Kohler, Wi

Thanks for any insight
Good, who's gonna haul their ::shit::, already short truck drivers, over educated azzholes,..thinking again, straight idiots

Hah, you may be surprised to know how many of your fellow drivers sympathize with the common sense wisdom of vaccination regardless of political affiliation.
You want to continue the thought. They sympathize with what common sense of vaccination. A vaccine stops a virus , these do not.....WHY

You want to continue the thought. They sympathize with what common sense of vaccination. A vaccine stops a virus , these do not.....WHY
Why are you so narrow in scope? Seems you definition is incorrect.

Definition of vaccine

1: a preparation that is administered (as by injection) to stimulate the body's immune response against a specific infectious agent or disease

EX. Mumps or measles vaccination is not 100% preventive either. About 3 out of 100 people who get two doses of MMR vaccine will get measles if exposed to the virus. However, they are more likely to have a milder illness, and are also less likely to spread the disease to other people. Two doses of MMR vaccine are 88% (range 32% to 95%) effective at preventing mumps.

Last edited:
Why are you so narrow in scope? Seems you definition is incorrect.

Definition of vaccine

1: a preparation that is administered (as by injection) to stimulate the body's immune response against a specific infectious agent or disease

EX. Mumps or measles vaccination is not 100% preventive either. About 3 out of 100 people who get two doses of MMR vaccine will get measles if exposed to the virus. However, they are more likely to have a milder illness, and are also less likely to spread the disease to other people. Two doses of MMR vaccine are 88% (range 32% to 95%) effective at preventing mumps.
Again, this s**t is not a vaccine.

Anyone hear anything from corporate about their plan on the vaccine mandate? Had my first customer warn every driver will have to be vaccinated or show a recent negative test to enter.

Kohler Co (toilets, sinks, engines) in Kohler, Wi

Thanks for any insight
I'm a nobody at corporate that's been watching this thread pretty closely to learn anything I can about the potential for OD to implement their own mandate, but now I'm here to tell you all that today I heard from a very reliable source that OD will absolutely not be mandating the shot.

Last edited:
It most certainly is regardless of how much you want to deny factual evidence/definition. If you don't believe in it, don't want to take it, that's your business, but you don't get to redefine what a vaccine is.
Okay , your point taken , listed as a vaccine , listed as 90% effective . Now to the second part of the statement my choice to take it or not. Here is a vaccine that MAY keep you from getting the virus but the government wants to force you to get the vaccine without a choice including those who have had the virus and have natural immunity. WHY? follow the money and who benefits the most , it is clearly NOT the population. Sorry , something is just wrong with the whole picture.

I'm a nobody at corporate that's been watching this thread pretty closely to learn anything I can about the potential for OD to implement their own mandate, but now I'm here to tell you all that today I heard from a very reliable source that OD will absolutely not be mandating the shot.
So how are they going to get around it?

So how are they going to get around it?
I probably should have been more clear. I was referring specifically to the sort of corporate initiated mandate that so many other companies have already implemented outside of any legal requirement. Obviously if there is a federal mandate OD isn't going to break the law, but I suspect they might be agreeable to making accommodation for religious exemptions requested by folk with sincerely held beliefs, but I've not actually heard either way on that. That being said, I have heard that at least some of the decision makers are pretty convinced that the federal mandate will not withstand the impending legal challenges.

Last edited:
It most certainly is regardless of how much you want to deny factual evidence/definition. If you don't believe in it, don't want to take it, that's your business, but you don't get to redefine what a vaccine is.
Yet "redefine what a vaccine is" is exactly what the CDC had to do in order to be able to be able to call this bioweapon a vaccine.

Prior to August 26, 2021 this was the CDC's definition of vaccine:
Vaccine– “a product that stimulates a person’s immune system to produce immunity to a specific disease.”

After August 26 they quietly changed it to:
Vaccine– “a preparation that is used to stimulate the body’s immune response against diseases.”

Note the subtle but important change. Instead of “PRODUCING IMMUNITY” the new definition moves the goal posts and states that their pseudo vaccine “STIMULATES THE BODY’S IMMUNE RESPONSE.”

Unlike all vaccines for all of vaccine history, this shot does not confer immunity. mRNA technology was never even intended to be used as a mono-therapy in this way. Read up on the work of Dr Robert Malone, the fella who claims credit for the invention of mRNA technology and indeed who's name is actually on the mRNA patent. For some light reading, Dr Malone's Twitter feed https://twitter.com/RWMaloneMD is very interesting.

So rather than "redefine" it, I'd just like to go back to the original definition before the apparently compromised CDC quietly corrupted it to appease their pharma masters.

Incidentally by the new official meaningless definition, Vitamin C is a vaccine, zinc is vaccine, Ivermectin is a vaccine, eating right is a vaccine. Sure, I've had the vaccine. I had 4 or 5 just yesterday. ;-)

Last edited:
Yet "redefine what a vaccine is" is exactly what the CDC had to do in order to be able to be able to call this bioweapon a vaccine.

Prior to August 26, 2021 this was the CDC's definition of vaccine:
Vaccine– “a product that stimulates a person’s immune system to produce immunity to a specific disease.”

After August 26 they quietly changed it to:
Vaccine– “a preparation that is used to stimulate the body’s immune response against diseases.”

Note the subtle but important change. Instead of “PRODUCING IMMUNITY” the new definition moves the goal posts and states that their pseudo vaccine “STIMULATES THE BODY’S IMMUNE RESPONSE.”

Unlike all vaccines for all of vaccine history, this shot does not confer immunity. mRNA technology was never even intended to be used as a mono-therapy in this way. Read up on the work of Dr Robert Malone, the fella who claims credit for the invention of mRNA technology and indeed who's name is actually on the mRNA patent. For some light reading, Dr Malone's Twitter feed https://twitter.com/RWMaloneMD is very interesting.

So rather than "redefine" it, I'd just like to go back to the original definition before the apparently compromised CDC quietly corrupted it to appease their pharma masters.

Incidentally by the new official meaningless definition, Vitamin C is a vaccine, zinc is vaccine, Ivermectin is a vaccine, eating right is a vaccine. Sure, I've had the vaccine. I had 4 or 5 just yesterday. ;-)
Internal emails from the CDC reveal that the reason they changed the definition is because people were using their definition against them by saying that; because the Covid vaccine does not absolutely prevent the disease, then it’s not really a vaccine.
It does appear that the CDC has a real problem on its hands, since because of the way the vaccine works, and because it does not entirely prevent disease, then it’s more like a drug than a vaccine. It raises some serious ethical questions the govt can mandate a drug. (Full disclosure I am vaccinated ( or whatever you want to call it)