ODFL | vaccine mandate

In the Deaf School in Maryland they constantly told us kiddies that we can some day be Superintendent.

What no one bothered to consider or even talk about was how do you get 150 students to become Superintendent of a school system by the time they all hit 45? In those days the Board of Trustees was appointed directly to the Statehouse in Annapolis and they alone had the power to appoint or fire supers.

Another favorite line from the staff... "You will reach your full potential someday."

Oh really? If we are not firing on all cylinders now already, look out World.... One flawed graduate coming of age.

I was really glad to see that announcement, as I'm sure many others were.
Side note. Am I the only one who is getting tired of the OD employees constantly complaining about OD? I've been here for 8 years and have seen many changes, but feel it's still a great place to work. Mr Gantt had to make a video defending the company's improved policy on overtime. Watching that video was embarrassing. Embarrassing because it shows how a few of our fellow employees will complain even when the company does something the benefits their employees. I feel like I'm blessed to have this job. I try to focus on that, helps me stay grateful.
Have a blessed day friends.
Just saw this driver. Very happy that you are a happy employee. I had several jobs in this racket that actually made me happy and glad to go to work. Unfortunately none of them were forever. Hopefully this job will last forever for you. But don't you know the only group worse than truckdrivers for complaining about their lot in life are old wash women!

Just saw this driver. Very happy that you are a happy employee. I had several jobs in this racket that actually made me happy and glad to go to work. Unfortunately none of them were forever. Hopefully this job will last forever for you. But don't you know the only group worse than truckdrivers for complaining about their lot in life are old wash women!
I always thought they were one and the same. :duh:

Anyone hear anything from corporate about their plan on the vaccine mandate? Had my first customer warn every driver will have to be vaccinated or show a recent negative test to enter.

Kohler Co (toilets, sinks, engines) in Kohler, Wi

Thanks for any insight
They posted a video message on Workday afew weeks ago. It’s Still on the website.

Our CEO talks about the new OT rule for 2022 and then talks on the vaccine mandate. Long story short, he says OD supports employees choice either way and won’t enforce a mandate on their own. But they will enforce the vaccine mandate if required by state or federal government.

The 6th circuit court ruled 2-1 to dissolve the stay on the federal mandate on Friday. Allowing it to move forward with a January 4th deadline for companies.

So YES unfortunately, they are going to enforce it at OD if nothing changes between now and then. The Supreme Court could get involved but there’s no guarantee that they won’t ultimately allow the current mandate as its stands or some variation of it.

34F8C892-538A-4B5F-9C91-1150AF5AC58D.md.jpg

Last edited: