ODFL | vaccine mandate

mwk39

TB Lurker
Credits
Anyone hear anything from corporate about their plan on the vaccine mandate? Had my first customer warn every driver will have to be vaccinated or show a recent negative test to enter.

Kohler Co (toilets, sinks, engines) in Kohler, Wi

Thanks for any insight

Anyone hear anything from corporate about their plan on the vaccine mandate? Had my first customer warn every driver will have to be vaccinated or show a recent negative test to enter.

Thanks for any insight
I’d imagine it’ll be around the end of the year or sooner. September 30th was the last day to start the process for the $500 bonus, so sometime after October 30th.

Unfortunately

If? Not if, but when.
Not going to happen, OD isn’t going to loose enitre states worth of freight in states that do not allow making vaccinations mandatory. There are Laws in California that OD follows they the rest of us don’t. Hope you live in a state the has blocked it. The federal OSHA mandate will be tied up in court for years!

Thanks for any insight
Never happen.Mandate will be held up in the Court Systems.Had a Customer last month say one day that no one was allowed in there facility unless they show proof of vaccination.My manager told them that he"OD" could not do that..Told them they would have to come get there freight at Terminal.Then a few days later Customer 's Upper Management started back stepping on there decision and we were back in there delivering.OD can't afford to loose anymore driver's/employees over the mandate crap..

Seems to me the Mandate has to be our Maginot Line. The American People need to put up or shut up about their decision to get the Jab or not. And accept that no jab equals no job and will be loved by many who are enduring the same problem.

My state of Arkansas is progressing a bill specifically to give fired employees without a jab unemployment and a few other related bills to protect a free people making a decision not to or to jab in a impossible situation a little easier.

Our employers are screaming bloody murder. But you know what? No workers? Close the place. They can stick their mandates where the sun done shine.

And there lies the problem. I hate to be difficult but frankly the more they hammer this vax crap more openly in the light of day trampling on our free choice for ourselves... the easier it is to turn really bad and fight. Even a church mouse will fight when cornered.

I did some rapid errands today in four places. Battery, food and a few other things. I did not have a mask on me. Half the public had no masks and the employees didnt care. But had to wear a mask anyway. You could see there is a big big problem brewing regardless. But the people here have made up our minds, if you are scared, get a mask and feel better. Otherwise **** off.

What keeps me up at night is what happens when you tee off 200 million Americans....

Seems to me the Mandate has to be our Maginot Line. The American People need to put up or shut up about their decision to get the Jab or not. And accept that no jab equals no job and will be loved by many who are enduring the same problem.

My state of Arkansas is progressing a bill specifically to give fired employees without a jab unemployment and a few other related bills to protect a free people making a decision not to or to jab in a impossible situation a little easier.

Our employers are screaming bloody murder. But you know what? No workers? Close the place. They can stick their mandates where the sun done shine.

And there lies the problem. I hate to be difficult but frankly the more they hammer this vax crap more openly in the light of day trampling on our free choice for ourselves... the easier it is to turn really bad and fight. Even a church mouse will fight when cornered.

I did some rapid errands today in four places. Battery, food and a few other things. I did not have a mask on me. Half the public had no masks and the employees didnt care. But had to wear a mask anyway. You could see there is a big big problem brewing regardless. But the people here have made up our minds, if you are scared, get a mask and feel better. Otherwise **** off.

What keeps me up at night is what happens when you tee off 200 million Americans....
I have a bad feeling that by the time 200 million Americans get passed off enough to actually do anything about our "little problem", it'll be too late to do anything about it.

States giving out unemployment benefits to fired,or layed off workers doesn’t seem to be an answer either. Business’ are strained for workers, and people sitting home doing nothing collecting will not help the situation. You see signs on doors more and more saying,understaffed, employers offering sign on bonuses, and pissed off customers, walking away from these businesses. Truck drivers are kind of caught right in the middle. Keep working, or find a job that does not put restrictions on your right to decide your, beliefs. Making a bad decision could affect you the rest of your life.

Part of the problem here in Arkansas is publicly known. Employers are hiring. But they are not calling people back to take on start dates and start actual paid work. So... the people have nothing.

Generally it was not a problem until the mandates started being passed around first with the public then medically and now employers. People are physically voting not to be involved with any employer that has a mandate. Period. They will live on the street first with absolutely nothing.

Thats why the mandate is such a problem now. Before it was not. Everyone wore masks to the 9th degree last year. Sanitizers everywhere and nothing in any store moved when unmasked or gloved in some cases. What we are seeing now in 21 is a draconican drumbeat from Biden straight down demanding no choice, no freedom, no legal way to assert it and certainly a refusal to acknowledge past covid people now possess immunity without vax etc.

And so the far left elements passed the mandates straight down. Our state was one of the first to ban mandates at the state and city hall (Town) level etc. Now we are examining more bills to restrain and ban federal (Biden) overreach and those of certain employers. The worker faced with a impossible demand to JAB or FIRE against his or her beliefs is being in the process of being shielded if the employer did fire same.

They can only fire so many then go out of business. We will prefer that. Poof no more bad employers.

The closest equal situation in trucking I can think of is a dispatcher implying to a fearful rookie new hire that he and she will go into Jersey City at 5 am and deliver or have no job. No job and being stranded 2000 miles from home in a hell hole? They will deliver.

Out of fear. We have lost that fear. Fire us, it does not matter.

Part of the problem here in Arkansas is publicly known. Employers are hiring. But they are not calling people back to take on start dates and start actual paid work. So... the people have nothing.

Generally it was not a problem until the mandates started being passed around first with the public then medically and now employers. People are physically voting not to be involved with any employer that has a mandate. Period. They will live on the street first with absolutely nothing.

Thats why the mandate is such a problem now. Before it was not. Everyone wore masks to the 9th degree last year. Sanitizers everywhere and nothing in any store moved when unmasked or gloved in some cases. What we are seeing now in 21 is a draconican drumbeat from Biden straight down demanding no choice, no freedom, no legal way to assert it and certainly a refusal to acknowledge past covid people now possess immunity without vax etc.

And so the far left elements passed the mandates straight down. Our state was one of the first to ban mandates at the state and city hall (Town) level etc. Now we are examining more bills to restrain and ban federal (Biden) overreach and those of certain employers. The worker faced with a impossible demand to JAB or FIRE against his or her beliefs is being in the process of being shielded if the employer did fire same.

They can only fire so many then go out of business. We will prefer that. Poof no more bad employers.

The closest equal situation in trucking I can think of is a dispatcher implying to a fearful rookie new hire that he and she will go into Jersey City at 5 am and deliver or have no job. No job and being stranded 2000 miles from home in a hell hole? They will deliver.

Out of fear. We have lost that fear. Fire us, it does not matter.
Hey , take it easy on that Jersey City stuff!

Its my right as a American citizen to choose to get the vaccine or not. If OD requires it I will be unemployed. When Lets Go Brandon pulls his head out his ass and realizes we've over vaccinated creating all these variants. And the people that have natural immunity or have already had the virus dont need the vaccine. Its sad that they are hiding the number of deaths and complications from the vaccine. Go listen to peter mccullough md podcasts, cdc asks this guy for advice. Its a eye opener....

There is a A30 variant coming which bypasses all Vax.

There is also a study done on children who do not possess certain receptors covid needs to infect them like we adults have in our nose. But the Children possesses a hell of a system of defense. They will survive things that will drop me dead.

They have forgotten that children rode the storm in the first year of C19 pretty well without too many problems. And now were shoving ::shit:: into them?
\
Oh boy.

There is a A30 variant coming which bypasses all Vax.

There is also a study done on children who do not possess certain receptors covid needs to infect them like we adults have in our nose. But the Children possesses a hell of a system of defense. They will survive things that will drop me dead.

They have forgotten that children rode the storm in the first year of C19 pretty well without too many problems. And now were shoving **** into them?
\
Oh boy.
They wanna vax kids so it can infect them!

I sure aints no liberal and I am the hardest worker around,,, but I will say that the vaccine keep me working all year round since this pandemic when I see many fellow coworker without it get rona miss weeks of work burning vacation days and come backs with voice and lungs all messed up..

I’m a city man see many customers and drive lazy unclean line driver trucks and still ain’t down for that count yet boy

They wanna vax kids so it can infect them!

They wanna vax kids to add it to mandatory vaccines list and make even more money.
I sure aints no liberal and I am the hardest worker around,,, but I will say that the vaccine keep me working all year round since this pandemic when I see many fellow coworker without it get rona miss weeks of work burning vacation days and come backs with voice and lungs all messed up..

I’m a city man see many customers and drive lazy unclean line driver trucks and still ain’t down for that count yet boy

You guys are burning vacation days for getting COVID? I don't think it's supposed to work that way. You're supposed to get paid your 40 minimum.