ODFL | vaccine mandate

And thats the crux I believe.

Each of us make our own choices freely. And I think that really really really steams those who cannot stop grasping for totalitarian dictatorship over the smallest thing.

We used to call those hall monitors back in the day, they got dragged into a unlighted space and worked over. Wonder why we went through so many that year.

I hear you on antibiotics. However this infection was life threatening. They narrowed it down to possibly staph A or streph from my teenage years. I fought it twice then decades ago. What they told me is this...

If it is not defeated where it showed up in the head, fast; it may get into the blood vessel, be clotted instantly as a defensive measure which adds more clots until it arrives at the brain stem. I am dead in a few moments of a massive stroke regardless if there is a 100 surgeons. So its worth using the 4 different bags of IV antibiotics that week. There is another pathway to the infection to spread into various really important parts of the head (The brain was about a inch from the infectious site... they were considering surgery to chop it out. The entire site of original infection) and other organs of the body that creates a life for me without having to be treated as a veggie for life at horrendous expense.)

I have had antibiotics about a dozen times so far in my lifetime in different episodes where infections needed to be fought at the hospital level not at home. They range from Penicillin which dates to the 50's all the way up to some very seriously powerful stuff.

On the second day they had a conversation that it would be a point if the third medicine did not win the battle against whats in the blood at the lab that day, they were thinking about sending me to a special Xray situation with 4 inch lead walls and nuking my entire immune system and everything in it. Dump the blood volume and infuse 5 gallons of new blood. Then wait and see what happens next. (Would the marrow regenerate or not?)

I chose not to. If the third bag failed to clear the infection then its hospice and home. I dont think I possess the marrow strong enough to come back from something that drastic.

If I did nothing thinking its just a itch that will stop I would be dead or veggie by now weeks ago.

Never claimed to be a Dr. It is my Dr, my child’s Dr for his condition, my wife who works as a RN in an infectious disease clinic are the reliable sources I listen to. So if you want to keep listening to Dr who give misinformation and is getting rejected by his colleagues then go ahead. Hope that works out for you
You're no doctor nor are you a competent reader. I said MY DOCTOR.

Here in the south we have people who wear white coats and a couple of doo dads hanging off them. Come into the patient room with the anxious family.

Pause a moment assessing the condition. Looks over the inch thick patient printouts of results. Tosses it into the trash can.

I dont know how they manage to reduce over a decade or more of Medical Learning into simple plain speaking that everyone can understand. Those are the doctors I like to keep.

I hauled my Ex who happened to be a vet which really kinda sorta applied to the Walk in clinic which is a form of ER light. (Billing dear Uncle Sam...) She was pretty bad off. The old nurse comes in, pokes and prods her. She howls. Nurse asked her, what did you eat a while back honey?

Ham and Beans, why?

Ach, Gall Bladder is gone bad. Here is medicine. Take it tonight. Come back if hurt more. We can always take it out. Stop that cooking ya hear?

A half hour later we gained a education on gall bladders, plain speaking style. Nothing more than essentially a engine oil spinner that generates fat for the digestive system. What do you think will happen if you hammered it with way too much fat? Then added gas pressure?

Last edited:
Here in the south we have people who wear white coats and a couple of doo dads hanging off them. Come into the patient room with the anxious family.

Pause a moment assessing the condition. Looks over the inch thick patient printouts of results. Tosses it into the trash can.

I dont know how they manage to reduce over a decade or more of Medical Learning into simple plain speaking that everyone can understand. Those are the doctors I like to keep.

I hauled my Ex who happened to be a vet which really kinda sorta applied to the Walk in clinic which is a form of ER light. (Billing dear Uncle Sam...) She was pretty bad off. The old nurse comes in, pokes and prods her. She howls. Nurse asked her, what did you eat a while back honey?

Ham and Beans, why?

Ach, Gall Bladder is gone bad. Here is medicine. Take it tonight. Come back if hurt more. We can always take it out. Stop that cooking ya hear?

A half hour later we gained a education on gall bladders, plain speaking style. Nothing more than essentially a engine oil spinner that generates fat for the digestive system. What do you think will happen if you hammered it with way too much fat? Then added gas pressure?
Mine busted like a kids water balloon.

This is my own doctors opinion. I'm willing to bet they've been doctors longer than you,
Yeah I am the incompetent one. Right there in black and white. Why would you bet when you know I’m not a Dr. That’s why I said I never claimed to be a doctor. So yeah go ahead and follow your quack Dr advice and see how that works out for you. Sure there are lot of guys looking to move up a spot if it doesn’t.

lots of doctors on the cb
I am not a doctor. Never will be.

However, there has been times when someone or someones have been hurt pretty bad and you can do a little bit for them before the EMTs get there. There are certain things you can do nothing for and hope they make it in the golden hour afforded them.

In shooting, I have recieved some medical kit training and can deal with a little bit. Ultimately its the EMT that has to deal with the trauma first hand. They are much better trained and equipped while the doctors in higher care are even more so.

I got hurt one day in the rig and they carted me to the doc. Well, I dont know why they sent me there when all he has was 20 minutes oxygen and a blanket plus a couple of vitals. The big hospital was in the other direction and a bit further away. It would have been better to send me there.

That was a day to remember, the only thing I remember was the chopper people saying that my Glasgow Coma Scale was 8 before my hearing quit and that was that for a while. They did a good job once in the big hospital with the right meds. Then kicked me back out. I was on the road again in a few hours. In those days no one gave a ******* for the DOT medical crap. As long you had a valid card in your wallet. Get going yer late again. (The gut quit functioning for one reason or another, they jump started it again once they found the problem.)

I do remember the first hundred miles or so until that Oxycontin wore off. Whew. Not doing that again. This was long before any sort of drug anything in those days. They hand you a pill and tell you get up out of that bed, get out of here. This will fix you up. Quit your whining. Etc. Today you cannot hardly have anything done without a thousand busy bodies into your stuff.

January 4th deadline has been set by OSHA as of two days ago. We’ll see which employees are all talk and no bark soon enough. The entire thing is bullshit

January 4th deadline has been set by OSHA as of two days ago. We’ll see which employees are all talk and no bark soon enough. The entire thing is ********
truckers are exempt bro we are good. Brandon was smart enough to not let the country starve. We were about to teach the libs a lesson but glad we don't have to.

And my guess is that FedEx will follow that because now we have options.
everyone will follow... because if not those drivers will work for other companies. the fact of the matter is that truckers keep this country together. we could destroy this country in a week if we stopped running.

Never underestimate how stupid the suits at FedEx are
I dream someday I will reincarnate as a Fedex suit.

Then we reforms yah?

I was in DM Bowman years ago in the 90's at Williamsport. They are a good outfit but like to pick on them a little bit. I come up from Alabama that week walked into a freezing 55 degree blast cooler of a dispatch office in one of the smaller annexes on the yard property, see about 30 suits. Not just suits but vests, choking ties and additional accessories to the 9's a freaking fashion competition in there. 90 degrees out.

Im dressed for the south, 110 degrees in the shade and really light in clothing.

I got chewed out for 15 minutes standing there among all those suits pumping out way too much heat.

That simple act over 15 minutes absolutely and irrevocably destroyed for my lifetime any desire to deal with the stupid suits who do not connect with reality. I amuse myself dreaming that they are down there in Alabama throwing 80 pound canned boxes onto a 110 degree dock dressed to the 9's