Vanguard And BlackRock Own Most All Trucking Companies

slavenomore

US Gov Hears Foreign Corps More Than Nonunions
Premium
They are in the top 5 of most all companies as owners.

slavenomore

Premium
Interesting video which led me to looking into trucking owners.
I don't know if I agree with the guys views but he did homework and not only trucking. But they own almost everything and he says they will own all by 2028. All of everything in the world.

slavenomore

Premium
All owners of those 2 companies are not American.

Don't like the way the nation is going?
Don't like the way the industry is going?
Don't like the way the media is reporting?

They own it all.

The only economic chance for sovereignty is through unions.

The only way to have somewhat balance.

And since many have chosen to stay out, in order to save/maintain members......even the unions do as they say....or so it appears.

It takes numbers and participationMeaning.....unions can't stay leaning left if a majority of members lean right and participate.

It takes effort.

Otherwise foreigners and world interests rule you locally, in your state, region and nation.
Globalists, UNITED Nations types...bigshots who want to own the whole world and control it.
How's it working out?

slavenomore

Premium
This is one of the "unions" that the companies belong to.
They have say in your industry and I'm sure those 2 companies have a say in their say.

I am specifically banned from one trucking company after I told them what for among other things. I did not even get half a day at the monday orientation. They shipped me home.

Since that little episode is long forgotten and out of mind, its still on their private version of DAC which is shared among 15 plus other larger trucking companies among themselves so I am also banned from all of them too.

There is no point in worrying about a Industry that does not value Truckers. They only want window lickers that say yes sir, baa baa baa.,...

At one time long ago about that year I bought a bobtail. Something like a 39000 dollar tractor and 4 years to pay it off starting that month provided I get freight on that 5th wheel and get rolling. Going from just a basic employee that has to be hired to a lease op or owner operator once I get the title to it in payoff day was motivating.

Such is America. One company here in Arkansas 25 years ago gave me a chance to run for him. He was a small Fleet of about 220 or so reefers and tractors. 200 drivers and so on. He had me almost a year. By then I had gotten married and became a home/landowner etc. He himself had closed up the company not too long ago and moved west to do other things more profitable and less stressful than trucking.

Its a great way to make a small fortune. From a very large one.

Thank goodness that did not work out. Why? Visiting employers with a tractor fueled and ready to go and got treated just the same as if I was just looking for a company driver job. The bobtail got turned back in and that was that. It was a nice little older tractor good for the east coast with the 425 cat. But too little for the far west.

Last edited:

slavenomore

Premium
I am specifically banned from one trucking company after I told them what for among other things. I did not even get half a day at the monday orientation. They shipped me home.

Since that little episode is long forgotten and out of mind, its still on their private version of DAC which is shared among 15 plus other larger trucking companies among themselves so I am also banned from all of them too.

There is no point in worrying about a Industry that does not value Truckers. They only want window lickers that say yes sir, baa baa baa.,...

At one time long ago about that year I bought a bobtail. Something like a 39000 dollar tractor and 4 years to pay it off starting that month provided I get freight on that 5th wheel and get rolling. Going from just a basic employee that has to be hired to a lease op or owner operator once I get the title to it in payoff day was motivating.

Such is America. One company here in Arkansas 25 years ago gave me a chance to run for him. He was a small Fleet of about 220 or so reefers and tractors. 200 drivers and so on. He had me almost a year. By then I had gotten married and became a home/landowner etc. He himself had closed up the company not too long ago and moved west to do other things more profitable and less stressful than trucking.

Its a great way to make a small fortune. From a very large one.

Thank goodness that did not work out. Why? Visiting employers with a tractor fueled and ready to go and got treated just the same as if I was just looking for a company driver job. The bobtail got turned back in and that was that. It was a nice little older tractor good for the east coast with the 425 cat. But too little for the far west.
They own the banks too.
So they own who takes the loan.
They also own CH Robinson whose name gets freight on freight bills.
3pl
Broker.
Whatever.
The top ones are probably owned by them.

dokman

You guys are way to hung up on Vanguard and Blackrock. Both of these firms are companies that invest money for clients through Mutual funds and ETF’s as well as Index funds. Each fund depending on its objectives may or may not own a particular company within that fund. They move money around in them all the time. Each fund has a manager or a team of managers that closely monitor and trade to make there clients good returns for their portfolio. Blackrock and Vanguard do not own major portions of trucking companies, their clients money that are invested on behalf of the clients are the ones invested in the company. I would venture to say every Teamster Pension has money invested in a Blackrock or Vanguard fund. So a Teamster pension may own a non union trucking company stock as well as a Chinese stock.

slavenomore

Premium
You guys are way to hung up on Vanguard and Blackrock. Both of these firms are companies that invest money for clients through Mutual funds and ETF’s as well as Index funds. Each fund depending on its objectives may or may not own a particular company within that fund. They move money around in them all the time. Each fund has a manager or a team of managers that closely monitor and trade to make there clients good returns for their portfolio. Blackrock and Vanguard do not own major portions of trucking companies, their clients money that are invested on behalf of the clients are the ones invested in the company. I would venture to say every Teamster Pension has money invested in a Blackrock or Vanguard fund. So a Teamster pension may own a non union trucking company stock as well as a Chinese stock.
You are wrong that they don't own major portions of trucking companies.
I made a link mistake with the intial links.
What I clicked and what showed up are not the same.
I clicked on text which had the top shareholders.
And both companies are in the top 5 if not top 3 of all above companies that I linked.
OD is freshest on my mind and BlackRock and Vanguard hold the top 2 shareholder spots of OD.
I will pick your post apart later.

slavenomore

Premium
You are wrong that they don't own major portions of trucking companies.
I made a link mistake with the intial links.
What I clicked and what showed up are not the same.
I clicked on text which had the top shareholders.
And both companies are in the top 5 if not top 3 of all above companies that I linked.
OD is freshest on my mind and BlackRock and Vanguard hold the top 2 shareholder spots of OD.
I will pick your post apart later.
This goes with that.

Top 10 Owners of Old Dominion Freight Line Inc
StockholderStakeShares owned
The Vanguard Group, Inc.9.24%10,472,160
BlackRock Fund Advisors5.61%6,358,109
Capital Research & Management Co....5.21%5,910,47

slavenomore

Premium

Top 10 Owners of Yellow Corp​

StockholderStakeShares
owned
Total value ($)Shares
bought / sold
Total
change
BlackRock Fund Advisors5.64%2,904,4878,510,147-57,735-1.95%
The Vanguard Group, Inc.4.97%2,561,8467,506,209+482,192+23.19%
SSgA Funds Management, Inc.4.85%2,497,242

Top 10 Owners of United Parcel Service Inc​

StockholderStakeShares
owned
Total value ($)Shares
bought / sold
Total
change
The Vanguard Group, Inc.8.47%62,235,16111,360,406,289+741,547+1.21%
BlackRock Fund Advisors4.72%34,642,9736,323,728,291+1,504,622+4.54%
SSgA Funds Management, Inc.3.96%29,067,7285,306,023,069-545,710-1.84%
F

slavenomore

Premium
Top 10 Owners of FedEx Corp
The Vanguard Group, Inc.6.87%17,791,629
Dodge & Cox6.69%17,328,625
PRIMECAP Management Co.5.11%13,237,477
BlackRock Fund Advisors4.10%10,619,491

Top 10 Owners of Saia Inc
T. Rowe Price Associates, Inc. (I...11.65%3,076,349
BlackRock Fund Advisors10.09%2,663,566
The Vanguard Group, Inc.9.70%2,561,226
Capital Research & Management Co....6.00%1,583,500

Top 10 Owners of XPO Logistics Inc
StockholderStakeTotal value ($)
Orbis Investment Management Ltd.8.72%482,957,919
The Vanguard Group, Inc.8.05%445,841,633
BlackRock Fund Advisors6.85%379,295,349
MFN Partners Management LP6.26%346,769,771

slavenomore

Premium
So....if in the top 3 or 5 shareholders.....do they, or do they not have a say in the company?

I also did some quick ones of NFI and JB Hunt.
They look the same as these.

I quick browsed Estes, Pyle, Pitt-Ohio and Ward.
I think they do not look the same.

slavenomore

Premium
Top 10 Owners of ArcBest Corp
BlackRock Fund Advisors15.18%261,569,723
The Vanguard Group, Inc.10.91%187,990,359
Dimensional Fund Advisors LP7.57%130,445,080
SSgA Funds Management, Inc.4.36%75,139,890

Top 10 Owners of J B Hunt Transport Services Inc
The Vanguard Group, Inc.8.92%1,471,994,287
T. Rowe Price Associates, Inc. (I...6.74%1,112,109,829
BlackRock Fund Advisors4.06%670,161,613
Janus Henderson Investors US LLC4.01%660,881,119

slavenomore

Premium
Not so big at NFI....but still 2nd.

Top 10 Mutual Funds Holding NFI Group Inc
Mutual fundStakeTotal value ($)
Leith Wheeler Canadian Equity Fun...2.59%20,608,269
Vanguard Total International Stoc...1.20%9,501,059
iProfile Canadian Equity Private ...1.16%9,197,643
Government Pension Fund - Global ...0.83%6,621,426

slavenomore

Premium
TransForce who now owns UPS Freight is difficult being Canadian....but I'm sure they are involved somehow.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But we have to pay the server bill every month. 

Please disable your AdBlocker.

For Advertisement Free Viewing,Login and select "Account Upgrades" by clicking on your name at the top right of the page.

I've Disabled AdBlock