Vanguard And BlackRock Own Most All Trucking Companies

slavenomore

US Gov Hears Foreign Corps More Than Nonunions
Premium
You guys are way to hung up on Vanguard and Blackrock. Both of these firms are companies that invest money for clients through Mutual funds and ETF’s as well as Index funds. Each fund depending on its objectives may or may not own a particular company within that fund. They move money around in them all the time. Each fund has a manager or a team of managers that closely monitor and trade to make there clients good returns for their portfolio. Blackrock and Vanguard do not own major portions of trucking companies, their clients money that are invested on behalf of the clients are the ones invested in the company. I would venture to say every Teamster Pension has money invested in a Blackrock or Vanguard fund. So a Teamster pension may own a non union trucking company stock as well as a Chinese stock.
Vanguard and Black Rock are on top of Black Rock.

Top 10 Owners of BlackRock Inc
StockholderStakeShares owned
The Vanguard Group, Inc.7.88%11,930,799
BlackRock Fund Advisors4.65%7,040,689
SSgA Funds Management, Inc.4.30%6,515,828
Temasek Holdings Pte Ltd. (Invest...3.36%5,092,825

And Black Rock and Vanguard own Vanguard.

Top 10 Owners of American Vanguard Corp
StockholderStakeShares owned
BlackRock Fund Advisors13.69%4,219,499
Dimensional Fund Advisors LP7.51%2,312,686
The Vanguard Group, Inc.5.65%1,741,890
T. Rowe Price Associates, Inc. (I...4.77%1,468,786

slavenomore

Premium
You guys are way to hung up on Vanguard and Blackrock. Both of these firms are companies that invest money for clients through Mutual funds and ETF’s as well as Index funds. Each fund depending on its objectives may or may not own a particular company within that fund. They move money around in them all the time. Each fund has a manager or a team of managers that closely monitor and trade to make there clients good returns for their portfolio. Blackrock and Vanguard do not own major portions of trucking companies, their clients money that are invested on behalf of the clients are the ones invested in the company. I would venture to say every Teamster Pension has money invested in a Blackrock or Vanguard fund. So a Teamster pension may own a non union trucking company stock as well as a Chinese stock.
Maybe watch the monopoly clip I posted or listen to it, and point where you think he is wrong.

It must keep the CFO up at night wondering when the Shareholders that big decide to simply cash out. There isnt enough trucking company on the books to firesale those kinds of checks that will have to go out. We're fooked.

I like to think I am something in America having fed the damn place as a trucker. But I am just a ant....

Grasshoppers sing, party and have fun in the summer. I am quietly storing away for winter.

slavenomore

Premium

This letter is 4 years old. He sent it to companies they own I suppose.
But can you see that he manages all this money.....and has majority shares of companies with that money....and says this.
"
” He cites environmental impact, workforce diversity, community engagement and employee re-training as among the larger issues companies must grapple with."

Read the article to see what they say.

ABF381

Staff member
Super Moderator
Premium
You make some good points here, but....while the representatives of the clients don't own the stock, they have great influence over the companies because they control the money.....to give you an example my manager doesn't own my company, but he could still fire me since he represents the company, same idea as the people that oversee these funds....and thank you slave for all the research....

slavenomore

Premium
You make some good points here, but....while the representatives of the clients don't own the stock, they have great influence over the companies because they control the money.....to give you an example my manager doesn't own my company, but he could still fire me since he represents the company, same idea as the people that oversee these funds....and thank you slave for all the research....
Actually the guy in that video led me to look. He did alot of research.
Dokman is correct on my lack of knowledge on stocks.
But to say that a majority owner, investor or mutual funds or whatever seems off.
If they invest a majority, I'd think they have a say.
In alot of things and alot of businesses and alot of politics and politicians.

Does not majority owners sit on Executive Board meetings or appoint the officers: CEO,CFO, President,VP's, etc?

Last edited:

Jaloc

Wait until Putin does an execute order 66 and Russian truck drivers working here in America start sabotaging trucks, hazmat loads, highway and rail infrastructure.

slavenomore

Premium
Vanguard had a place in Malvern, which was part of our area. I was there 1 time.
It was a business campus with nature and exercise walking trails.
The thought I left with was......this place is like the United Nations. Every type of person in the world walking around their.
Struck me strange.
I gotta get out of here were my thoughts.
Big money. Not my kind of place.

dokman

You are wrong that they don't own major portions of trucking companies.
I made a link mistake with the intial links.
What I clicked and what showed up are not the same.
I clicked on text which had the top shareholders.
And both companies are in the top 5 if not top 3 of all above companies that I linked.
OD is freshest on my mind and BlackRock and Vanguard hold the top 2 shareholder spots of OD.
I will pick your post apart later.
When you say pick apart post, you are mistaken on your facts and understanding of how investment institutions work.

slavenomore

Premium
When you say pick apart post, you are mistaken on your facts and understanding of how investment institutions work.
Does not the majority shareholder have a say in picking officers or policies?

dokman

It must keep the CFO up at night wondering when the Shareholders that big decide to simply cash out. There isnt enough trucking company on the books to firesale those kinds of checks that will have to go out. We're fooked.

I like to think I am something in America having fed the damn place as a trucker. But I am just a ant....

Grasshoppers sing, party and have fun in the summer. I am quietly storing away for winter.
Your not understanding how it works at all. You need to do some homework.

dokman

Your not understanding how it works at all. You need to do some homework

dokman

So....if in the top 3 or 5 shareholders.....do they, or do they not have a say in the company?

I also did some quick ones of NFI and JB Hunt.
They look the same as these.

I quick browsed Estes, Pyle, Pitt-Ohio and Ward.
I think they do not look the same.
They are privately owned companies.

dokman

If an investment firm CEO who owns most of your stocks says this....does it not matter?
Post in thread 'Vanguard And BlackRock Own Most All Trucking Companies' https://www.truckingboards.com/bb/t...st-all-trucking-companies.118222/post-1759127
Not going to argue with you, your understanding of union and rules are great, have read a lot of your post. You really need to study up on this and get a better understanding.
The investment world is like the banking and financial world, multiple layers and services offered. Your local bank will give you a home mortgage, Goldman Sacks and JP Morgan will not. Edward Jones will invest your money for you with products offered by Blackrock etc. EJ provides a service (sell) to individuals. BR provides a service to large pension funds and Insurance companies that invest 100s of millions of dollars.
Yes with money comes a voice, although BR does not own a majority of the company.
Look at this link, it shows Yellow and the exposure BR has through its I Shares, change name at top and you can see about OD, ARCB, XPO, UPS, etc.

dokman

End result is the Gov. and big money work together to accomplish things, you scratch I scratch. Big money needs there help and the politicians need there’s. Google ESG this has been in work s for a long time, your article is part of it.
Look at the influence FB and Twitter have, sad damn sad.

dokman

Yes. The bottom ones are still sort of family companies.
You were twisting words there a little bit slave, I never mentioned family owned I said they are private owned big difference. And they are not publicly traded companies, you can’t find out their OR or any of their expenses unless you have inside knowledge, hence private.

slavenomore

Premium
You were twisting words there a little bit slave, I never mentioned family owned I said they are private owned big difference. And they are not publicly traded companies, you can’t find out their OR or any of their expenses unless you have inside knowledge, hence private.
Not intentionally trying to mislead.
I still think families are involved in those companies.

Vanguard had a place in Malvern, which was part of our area. I was there 1 time.
It was a business campus with nature and exercise walking trails.
The thought I left with was......this place is like the United Nations. Every type of person in the world walking around their.
Struck me strange.
I gotta get out of here were my thoughts.
Big money. Not my kind of place.
When the people around you are not right to your view and mind etc then either THEY are the wrong feathered birds or YOU are the odd bird out with the non conforming feathers.

The last time I got dragged into another Opera House to sit and suffer a three hour wail fest on bad music with worse company in the entire theater all I could think of is I want out. NOW.

Teacher asked me whats matta. I told her 3000 People preening with big hats, rolexes, silk hats and so on is all circus and roman bread bullshittery. Its NOT my country or place in a situation like that. Get in any old burger Joint and we will get along famously with the lower class riff raff.

Teacher turned white. Then purple and then red in anger. She barked out how dare I not appreciate the fine arts and insult everything that she had a passion for. How Dare I.

I barked back, how dare you drag 50 of us urchins out of the alley into this place. It serves them nothing good to deal with us underfoot and serves us nothing when all we can think of is getting the **** out of here already.

The last thing these rich showboats need to deal with is children, they hire nannies for that so they can pretend to live on the hog in a place like that.

Nervous laugher rippled through the crowd. When children speak up....

Not without punishment.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But we have to pay the server bill every month. 

Please disable your AdBlocker.

For Advertisement Free Viewing,Login and select "Account Upgrades" by clicking on your name at the top right of the page.

I've Disabled AdBlock