Vanguard And BlackRock Own Most All Trucking Companies

slavenomore

US Gov Hears Foreign Corps More Than Nonunions
AD FREE
Not going to argue with you, your understanding of union and rules are great, have read a lot of your post. You really need to study up on this and get a better understanding.
The investment world is like the banking and financial world, multiple layers and services offered. Your local bank will give you a home mortgage, Goldman Sacks and JP Morgan will not. Edward Jones will invest your money for you with products offered by Blackrock etc. EJ provides a service (sell) to individuals. BR provides a service to large pension funds and Insurance companies that invest 100s of millions of dollars.
Yes with money comes a voice, although BR does not own a majority of the company.
Look at this link, it shows Yellow and the exposure BR has through its I Shares, change name at top and you can see about OD, ARCB, XPO, UPS, etc.

I can't figure out the stuff of your link.

But it looks like they vote on things with corporations.
Over 184,000 times in this article.

slavenomore

AD FREE
I can't figure out the stuff of your link.

But it looks like they vote on things with corporations.
Over 184,000 times in this article.
Well..I guess you get into that Fortune site once without subscribing.
Should've copied some stuff and pasted.
But they do vote on corporate stuff of things they own..
There was a 182,000 x they voted quote.
Plus they even voted to get rid of a Walton family member as CEO of Walmart.

So....you might be wrong on the amount of influence they have dokman.

...to vote to get rid of a Walton as Walmart CEO....says they do have voice with their shares and do use it.

dokman

Well..I guess you get into that Fortune site once without subscribing.
Should've copied some stuff and pasted.
But they do vote on corporate stuff of things they own..
There was a 182,000 x they voted quote.
Plus they even voted to get rid of a Walton family member as CEO of Walmart.

So....you might be wrong on the amount of influence they have dokman.

...to vote to get rid of a Walton as Walmart CEO....says they do have voice with their shares and do use it.
There you go twisting words again, I never said they didn’t have influence on companies and elections I said they don’t own companies. One thing I have found in today’s society there are a lot of armchair expert with YouTube. Years and years of investing making bad decisions and good ones is far better education than a few minutes on the Internet trying to figure out what you’re the expert of the day at. I’m gone.

slavenomore

AD FREE
There you go twisting words again, I never said they didn’t have influence on companies and elections I said they don’t own companies. One thing I have found in today’s society there are a lot of armchair expert with YouTube. Years and years of investing making bad decisions and good ones is far better education than a few minutes on the Internet trying to figure out what you’re the expert of the day at. I’m gone.
I'll take that as you give up.......
They are the major shareholders of all of the companies I listed AND they have voted 182,000 times or more...probably in a year....in votes that include the major shareholders.....including voting on who they prefer as CEO and who they want out.

I'd say they hold influence over our whole industry.....plus every other industry.

BIG R GUY

Ted and Wayne’s driving instructor
AD FREE
You make some good points here, but....while the representatives of the clients don't own the stock, they have great influence over the companies because they control the money.....to give you an example my manager doesn't own my company, but he could still fire me since he represents the company, same idea as the people that oversee these funds....and thank you slave for all the research....
One of the top shareholders in ARC BEST is Puddin Investment and Financial. They carry a lot of weight there.

I first ran into that problem in Little Rock with Corporate in trucking.

They said I was not the problem with them and would put me in a truck instantly. The problem was with the insurance people who realized that I had a history of picking trouble with corporate over little things.

Sure enough I quit that little outfit inside of two weeks. I had signed on to haul Cream in tankers and while i was waiting to be approved a cream driver pulled into Galloway Petro and quit, abandoning his 70,000 dollar tanker load of cream. I told the bossman, lets go get it. Right now.

They never put me in a tanker. They stuck me in a van door slamming with a broker who could not give a **** about anything and I beat around the coast for two weeks. Making about 400 dollars cash for my trouble after taxes, food and so on. Wife was not happy then. So I quit. If you hire on to do something and the bossyoneeye puts you into something else entirely, turn around and walk out.

No Driver. Waiting on my insurance to approve you.

While the cream goes bad slowly by the hour. What a waste. Any time your ability to do anything in life is determined by people you never met in your lifetime several states away lolling in their crushed velour lined chairs counting pennies and beans you know you are fooked.

In some ways I am grateful I got into trucking. We were free without none of that wheel spinning ********. You hardly heard from insurance types. Which is back then a good thing.

dokman

I'll take that as you give up.......
They are the major shareholders of all of the companies I listed AND they have voted 182,000 times or more...probably in a year....in votes that include the major shareholders.....including voting on who they prefer as CEO and who they want out.

I'd say they hold influence over our whole industry.....plus every other industry.
Nope, didn’t give up. You just don’t understand.

slavenomore

AD FREE
You guys are way to hung up on Vanguard and Blackrock. Both of these firms are companies that invest money for clients through Mutual funds and ETF’s as well as Index funds. Each fund depending on its objectives may or may not own a particular company within that fund. They move money around in them all the time. Each fund has a manager or a team of managers that closely monitor and trade to make there clients good returns for their portfolio. Blackrock and Vanguard do not own major portions of trucking companies, their clients money that are invested on behalf of the clients are the ones invested in the company. I would venture to say every Teamster Pension has money invested in a Blackrock or Vanguard fund. So a Teamster pension may own a non union trucking company stock as well as a Chinese stock.

slavenomore

AD FREE
You make some good points here, but....while the representatives of the clients don't own the stock, they have great influence over the companies because they control the money.....to give you an example my manager doesn't own my company, but he could still fire me since he represents the company, same idea as the people that oversee these funds....and thank you slave for all the research....
Climate agenda over profits.
19 states are questioning Black Rock why they choose climate energy stuff over profits.

https://ago.mo.gov/docs/default-source/press-releases/blackrock-letter.pdf?sfvrsn=75bb481e_2

Last edited:
Zero Hedge put a nice article from Freightwaves that could be understood by all.

Related to trucking fuel being reused to make even lighter diesel for shipping emissions laws.

Silly.

The ocean has salt. It also has oxygen and hydrogen. All three can be burned if you can find a way to toss a hose into the water and drain on it for fuel to go.

seabreeze

Not Well Known Member, 63 Year Teamster Member
Zero Hedge put a nice article from Freightwaves that could be understood by all.

Related to trucking fuel being reused to make even lighter diesel for shipping emissions laws.

Silly.

The ocean has salt. It also has oxygen and hydrogen. All three can be burned if you can find a way to toss a hose into the water and drain on it for fuel to go.
Don't need any more of your advice.
I threw my garden hose in the ocean, poured 5 gals of salt water into my gas tank, and now my PU won't hit a lick.
Should have known to never listen to a truck driver.

Triplex

Experienced stalker

Silly.

I think you flunked chemistry. Oxygen doesn't burn. Combustion or burning is the reaction of a substance combining with oxygen.

BIG R GUY

Ted and Wayne’s driving instructor
AD FREE
Don't need any more of your advice.
I threw my garden hose in the ocean, poured 5 gals of salt water into my gas tank, and now my PU won't hit a lick.
Should have known to never listen to a truck driver.
But wait. Parts 2-56 will clarify that line of thinking has been missed by scientists worldwide, who haven’t ever sat and read this coveted information in TB.

seabreeze

Not Well Known Member, 63 Year Teamster Member
But wait. Parts 2-56 will clarify that line of thinking has been missed by scientists worldwide, who haven’t ever sat and read this coveted information in TB.
I was standing when I read those parts, wonder if that makes any difference?

AdBlock Detected

Please disable your adblocker or click the green AD FREE button to support Truckingboards.
We have 2 ways to pay for this website, Advertising or Users who buy out of advertising. Thank You

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks