Vanguard And BlackRock Own Most All Trucking Companies

slavenomore

US Gov Hears Foreign Corps More Than Nonunions
AD FREE
I can’t believe it doesn’t start out with

“ You ain’t gonna believe this”
You are saying that I am wrong in saying that the top shareholders does not own the company.
Explain who does....if the top shareholders doesn't.

You might need to go to Alex Jones for an answer...maybe

Don't need any more of your advice.
I threw my garden hose in the ocean, poured 5 gals of salt water into my gas tank, and now my PU won't hit a lick.
Should have known to never listen to a truck driver.
Oh you actually listened?

There is a hell of alot of science behind that little tidbit. The US Navy is working on prototypes of that particular technology to use seawater to go have a sail.

Once thats cracked and working, nuclear will be on its way out. Pipe salt water to the entire USA and light it.

Lazer

WWG1WGA
AD FREE
Actually the guy in that video led me to look. He did alot of research.
Dokman is correct on my lack of knowledge on stocks.
But to say that a majority owner, investor or mutual funds or whatever seems off.
If they invest a majority, I'd think they have a say.
In alot of things and alot of businesses and alot of politics and politicians.

Does not majority owners sit on Executive Board meetings or appoint the officers: CEO,CFO, President,VP's, etc?
Board seats, are determined by how many shares of ‘Preferred Shares’ of stock a person, group, entities, own. Versus ‘Common Shares’, depending on the type of corporation, and their bylaws, if a person, group, or entity own a certain amount of ‘common shares’ those can be converted to ‘preferred shares’.

slavenomore

AD FREE
Board seats, are determined by how many shares of ‘Preferred Shares’ of stock a person, group, entities, own. Versus ‘Common Shares’, depending on the type of corporation, and their bylaws, if a person, group, or entity own a certain amount of ‘common shares’ those can be converted to ‘preferred shares’.
I just did quick search..
Not much but this came first. Ill go with it first. Almost one year old writing.
What does it mean? That Black Roc does or doesn't own the media...she seems to say they own and control...
Am I wrong? Doesn't seems so.

"
Big investors do more than vote their shares, concludes a survey published in the Journal of Finance; they also talk directly to management (sixty-three percent of those polled) and to board members (forty-five percent). With $9.5 trillion in assets hanging in the balance, BlackRock feels a responsibility to “monitor and provide feedback to companies.” It promises transparency—but also notes the power of quiet, one-on-one conversations.

Does BlackRock’s opinion matter to a reporter in the field? I doubt it. But BlackRock might matter to a publisher or owner, who might then influence an editor or newsroom director. By the time certain facts are being headlined and others excised, it is hard to tell where the influence originated.

We are living in the realm of oligarchy, and it is naïve to think media can exist unaffected. Until now, I barely knew BlackRock existed—let alone that, with Vanguard, they have enough of an interest in most big media corporations to be considered “insiders” under U.S. law. Critics call BlackRock a “great vampire squid,” a “shadow bank,” and “almost a shadow government”—one that neatly avoids the spotlight."

slavenomore

AD FREE
Not going to argue with you, your understanding of union and rules are great, have read a lot of your post. You really need to study up on this and get a better understanding.
The investment world is like the banking and financial world, multiple layers and services offered. Your local bank will give you a home mortgage, Goldman Sacks and JP Morgan will not. Edward Jones will invest your money for you with products offered by Blackrock etc. EJ provides a service (sell) to individuals. BR provides a service to large pension funds and Insurance companies that invest 100s of millions of dollars.
Yes with money comes a voice, although BR does not own a majority of the company.
Look at this link, it shows Yellow and the exposure BR has through its I Shares, change name at top and you can see about OD, ARCB, XPO, UPS, etc.

If Teamster funds or Companies we work at which jeapordize union jobs lost money....the IBT and Funds might wanna think about joining this lawsuit.
Let's think money.
Not "special people".
Not scabs.
Not political parties who might lose us members and leverage. And money from our Fund investments.

Last edited:
I am a little late to the party as it were, or asleep at the switch.

Blackrock has gotten large enough now that they are becoming a threat.

There is a mobile home outfit that rents to low income people not far. Turns out BR was interested in buying the entire 100 acre property and 50 of the homes outright.

Where are the tenents paying rent to go? Thats not BR's problem if the sale goes through. IF they wanted to stay they will end up paying triple rent.

The Landlord is almost orgasmic and salviating at BR's offer. No more scratching and chasing 50 tenents for their monthly pittance.

This has been a lunch counter lesson in how BR can be predatory against America.

dokman

I am a little late to the party as it were, or asleep at the switch.

Blackrock has gotten large enough now that they are becoming a threat.

There is a mobile home outfit that rents to low income people not far. Turns out BR was interested in buying the entire 100 acre property and 50 of the homes outright.

Where are the tenents paying rent to go? Thats not BR's problem if the sale goes through. IF they wanted to stay they will end up paying triple rent.

The Landlord is almost orgasmic and salviating at BR's offer. No more scratching and chasing 50 tenents for their monthly pittance.

This has been a lunch counter lesson in how BR can be predatory against America.
How much are they going to raise your rent?

slavenomore

AD FREE
Is it farfetched to think that...since these 2 own the banks, the trucking companies, the companies who ship, the companies who broker......they could make any company, such as Saia or OD look great.....and YRC...look bad....at will?

And do they own the banks who pretty much own the Federal Reserve....for the Fed is private....not a government agency.

slavenomore

AD FREE
Or is it all just coincidence and all just run by competition the way we have been taught?

I know there are a good number of people who totally believe that the Red Star walkout and closing was an orchestrated incident to allow some things to happen in the industry.
Not just a fast emotional happening with a bad result.
But an intentional situation.
That conspiracy theory comes with a story of a certain Red Star bigwig going down in a plane or helicopter crash.

Something opening the situation for USF to be bought.
Or was it to make it a much better situation for Roadway and Yellow to buy.
Because New Penn was already in the Northeast as a good regional...they didn't need Red Star...but needed USF Holland and Reddaway for the other regions?
They didn't need 2 in the Northeast. So Red Star had to go?

Last edited:
Suppose there are two Freight Companies in the Northeast.

In Rust City....

One: Aka tightfisted express, the other insomniac avenue transfer.

Lets say the Insomniac company wants to buy Tightfisted express because they actually ship freight south. Tightfisted says hell no too cheap. Both get emotional.

Thats going about it the hard way.

Now... If Insomniac would give up the expensive living and the vig thats really a millstone on their financial necks they could charge half of what Tightfisted charges and have a thousand trucks going south. Tightfisted eventually goes out of business.

AdBlock Detected

Please disable your adblocker or click the green AD FREE button to support Truckingboards.
We have 2 ways to pay for this website, Advertising or Users who buy out of advertising. Thank You

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks