Yellow | Vegas

twisted 2 wires togetherYou get wrote up for no mirror on right side?
I don't recall not having a mirror on the right side.
We didn't have T S on all the trucks, some you twisted 2 wires together.
A tail light on the left side and a stop on the right.

I don't recall not having a mirror on the right side.
We didn't have T S on all the trucks, some you twisted 2 wires together.
A tail light on the left side and a stop on the right.
If all else fails...
handsignals111.jpg

A gas job? weren't too many 17xxx diesels as in 87 there were still a lot of 17xxx 477 gas engine C800 around.
When I started with Roadway ABQ in 1981 the terminal had a Ford cabover straight truck. It had a chain and canvas rear door. Sometimes at the end of your day of peddling freight you would have to go by the local truck stop, where Roadway had an account, and fill her up with gasoline before returning to the yard.

We had a big block farm truck ran off gas. I couldnt tell you anything about that old thing. But I was taught to take the tension off the clutch prior to 7000 RPM and easy next gear either up or especially down before allowing the power back onto the wheels.

If you slipped too fast she will do that vicious front axle hop slamming you into the steering column. You pay the next 5 days with a chest that is somewhat out of whack.

Would be -10 outside, a inch of frost and ice everywhere and its such a beyiotch to start. Then throws its guts all over the fields trying to warm up until you hear music. That takes about as long as it takes to fix and eat breakfast. Come back out and shes humming ready to work.

If you can find something to do with that beast today... Pay me.

When Boss man say start that will ya? My first day meeting that old thing. Sure you bet. Grabbed a can of ether. Now in them days....

WHOA WHOA WHOA NO NO NO NOOOOOO KABOOOM CHUG!

WHAT DID YOU DO!? OMG etc etc etc. But she chugged. Sorta for as long you had can going into the air intake. Took a few cans to fire.

If there is ever a Hell beyond this life on earth, I want some of my worst dispatchers dealing with that beast, bug and bird poo and all every morning forever to run their own loads that they dispatched.

And you know whats really amazing with that old beast? The absolute ::shit:: batteries anywhere hooked up with frayed connections that sparked every time you ground that starter which also sparked.

She starts. She always started.