TForce | Verbal Abuse

dalamo67

TB Lurker
Credits
What to do when a supervisor Yells at an employee saying "WHAT THE F***K ARE YOU DOING" in front of about 15 other employees on the dock. this is not the first time it has happened and it probably wont be the last, there have almost been fights on our dock because the sup does not know how to talk to people. HR and the people at the crisis hotline have been contacted but nothing has ever happened, what else can be done?

...it should be took up with the tm...then escalate from there...

....but a simple kiss usually makes them go mumbling away... :nono:

Put your complaint in writing. They cannot ignore a written complaint. Keep a copy for yourself.

This happened to me several years ago when the company was still Overnite. I sit down and wrote a letter to Richmond and in a few days a representative walked into the terminal and terminated the supervisor.

[quote author=renegade313 link=topic=79894.msg827490#msg827490 date=1273138503]
...it should be took up with the tm...then escalate from there...

....but a simple kiss usually makes them go mumbling away... :nono:
[/quote]

bring it up to the t.m? i have seen the t.m and the a.t.m doing the yelling.

Unfortunately, this happens all of the time at our terminal. They just got rid of the only good sup we had. This was because he was not in bed with the rest of them.

[quote author=Carolina link=topic=79894.msg827497#msg827497 date=1273142017]
Put your complaint in writing. They cannot ignore a written complaint. Keep a copy for yourself.

This happened to me several years ago when the company was still Overnite. I sit down and wrote a letter to Richmond and in a few days a representative walked into the terminal and terminated the supervisor.
[/quote]Hate to even reply to this, but this isn't Overnite anymore!! I'm actually not sure where yall are from or anything else for that manner, it really makes no difference. The 1st time a sup yelled that across our dock...... 98 out of a 100 times he would of got the same reply back! No offense and not to sound like a internet tuff guy but c'mon guys!! Most of our casuals don't take that kind of stuff! It's a job, but nowhere in my contract have I ever read that being underpaid and overworked as a supervisor gives them that priviledge. Maybe i missed it...........must be Article 50

According to the I-35 grapevine, which used to be very accurate, this sup is nicknamed " SGT.CARTER". if i am mistaken, please inform me before I continue the rant.

[quote author=scaldeddog link=topic=79894.msg827599#msg827599 date=1273163769]
According to the I-35 grapevine, which used to be very accurate, this sup is nicknamed " SGT.CARTER". if i am mistaken, please inform me before I continue the rant.
[/quote]Which vine of the I-35 grapevine are you on?? But please continue to rant.... I have always known that any story or claim by any driver isnt true unless at least 2 of the people he told the story to told 2 other people the story. Then, and only then, does what was said become fact!

No its not in the I35 corridoor its in the Southeast, and the problem is that the TM and the ATM our just as big of an A** as the sup. The TM puts so much pressure on the Sups that they try and take it out on us and yes it was a casual that it happened to (this time). They all make the extra effort on how to make our jobs more difficult rather than try and find a way for things to go smooth. This week on the dock its been an average of about 90 degrees and humid as hell youd think they would get some fans or have a water cooler on the dock but nooo thats too easy of a problem to solve, and the thing is if your seen in the breakroom getting water or trying to cool off for a bit the TM, which is sitting in his nice COOL office looking thru the window towards the dock is calling the sup to get us out of there. Were getting written up down here for things like clocking 1 minute late or for only taking a 29 minute lunch break instead of the full 30 or if you go over 1 minute after your 6hrs before taking a lunch

Honestly, dalamo67, I think alot of that is because the heat is on their ass from the higher ups. They have to blame their stupidity on someone. Hate to say it but ::shit:: rolls downhill. We, being drivers and casuals, are most often at the bottom of that hill.

ups is all about the numbers. if a supervisor breaks that threshold at any given time they get in trouble. im sure that numbers had a good part to do with why cms is looking for two ops managers, and some supervisors.

You will continue to hear me reference the I-35 Grapevine, since it is my only source of info at work. I understand that SGT CARTER in DAL may have not only been verbal with his orders, but may have even gotten physical with a brother dockworker. I must say that this was from only 1 driver, and after he tells everyone on the vine, then I will confirm it with another hand that heard it.....

Well just to thank all of you that responded and to let you know that my TM Finally did something right and FIRED the abbusive sup. Now we'll wait and see who his new bulldog is gonna be. Thanks and good luck to all.

[quote author=dalamo67 link=topic=79894.msg827604#msg827604 date=1273166753]
No its not in the I35 corridoor its in the Southeast, and the problem is that the TM and the ATM our just as big of an A** as the sup. The TM puts so much pressure on the Sups that they try and take it out on us and yes it was a casual that it happened to (this time). They all make the extra effort on how to make our jobs more difficult rather than try and find a way for things to go smooth. This week on the dock its been an average of about 90 degrees and humid as hell youd think they would get some fans or have a water cooler on the dock but nooo thats too easy of a problem to solve, and the thing is if your seen in the breakroom getting water or trying to cool off for a bit the TM, which is sitting in his nice COOL office looking thru the window towards the dock is calling the sup to get us out of there. Were getting written up down here for things like clocking 1 minute late or for only taking a 29 minute lunch break instead of the full 30 or if you go over 1 minute after your 6hrs before taking a lunch
[/quote]
I've worked this dock before for quite some time and I'm not gonna even make it sound like said sup was justified in his comments however, all you need to do is walk into the bathroom past those fancy hand dryers and look straight ahead at that shiny thing on the wall. There lies your problem. it's a wonder that half the people there don't have to come to work with a helmet on, the place is full of idiots. The job is not that difficult, you take freight off of 1 trailer and put it on another your mocb even tells you what door to load it on. I seen 1 guy misload 3 shipments in one day, should the sup have brought him coffee and honey bun? As far as the rest of the stuff, if you clock in 1 minute late are you late? If a tree falls in the woods and nobody hears it, oh never mind. They tell you to take 30 minutes not 25 and not 33, at least that is what I was told. I believe the weather is gonna be hot there for awhile get used to it. This company and that terminal is not perfect but if you've been here awhile that place and that manager are 100 times better than it was even 5 years ago. Ya'll brought this ::shit:: on yourself so get used to it. Whats ya'lls motto "Just keep filing they'll listen then" Peace out :thumbsup:

[quote author=dalamo67 link=topic=79894.msg827486#msg827486 date=1273126934]
What to do when a supervisor Yells at an employee saying "WHAT THE F***K ARE YOU DOING" in front of about 15 other employees on the dock. this is not the first time it has happened and it probably wont be the last, there have almost been fights on our dock because the sup does not know how to talk to people. HR and the people at the crisis hotline have been contacted but nothing has ever happened, what else can be done?
[/quote]Just like every company does, DOCUMENT everything, start with the TM , time and date visited and results.

[quote author=Johnny Big Rig link=topic=79894.msg827813#msg827813 date=1273245330]
[quote author=dalamo67 link=topic=79894.msg827604#msg827604 date=1273166753]
[/quote]
I've worked this dock before for quite some time and I'm not gonna even make it sound like said sup was justified in his comments however, all you need to do is walk into the bathroom past those fancy hand dryers and look straight ahead at that shiny thing on the wall. There lies your problem. it's a wonder that half the people there don't have to come to work with a helmet on, the place is full of idiots. The job is not that difficult, you take freight off of 1 trailer and put it on another your mocb even tells you what door to load it on. I seen 1 guy misload 3 shipments in one day, should the sup have brought him coffee and honey bun? As far as the rest of the stuff, if you clock in 1 minute late are you late? If a tree falls in the woods and nobody hears it, oh never mind. They tell you to take 30 minutes not 25 and not 33, at least that is what I was told. I believe the weather is gonna be hot there for awhile get used to it. This company and that terminal is not perfect but if you've been here awhile that place and that manager are 100 times better than it was even 5 years ago. Ya'll brought this ::shit:: on yourself so get used to it. Whats ya'lls motto "Just keep filing they'll listen then" Peace out :thumbsup:
[/quote]
Well johnny big rig it seems that you must be a bigger Idiot than the ones that work there because if you saw like you said you did that a guy misloaded three shipments in one day and you did nothing as a fellow worker you should Apply for a management position because you have the same way of thinking as they do "wait till an employee screws up" and 1 more thing i gaurantee that when my Tm goes to your barn to do an audit you and everyone there walk on eggshells and keep looking behind your backs because you really know how sneeky he is. Gotta go now but im sure ill see you around the minihub. Take care and good luck

Article 28 Yell back at the peice of crap. Nobody has to take that crap. What a pnk and the complaint line and HR is the biggest joke we have. Hey Brown ya wanna cut costs get rid of those 2 worthless positions. :rant:

I'll start a rumor on the I-35 Grapevine that that they are going to do just that. Remove those posistions....and I'll throw in SGT CARTERs firing too.

[quote author=scaldeddog link=topic=79894.msg828059#msg828059 date=1273331943]
I'll start a rumor on the I-35 Grapevine that that they are going to do just that. Remove those posistions....and I'll throw in SGT CARTERs firing too.
[/quote]Who is Sgt Carter? Just a description and what shift because I could probably figuire it out from there?