Video cameras in all trucks??

Video monitoring in all commercial vehicles has been in the works for a long time. But those who fight for our right to live and work without constant monitoring and the Evil Eye over our shoulder have kept it limited to just those employers who chose to play Big Brother with their Minions.

Like Grocery Thrower's carrier.

Video monitoring in all commercial vehicles has been in the works for a long time. But those who fight for our right to live and work without constant monitoring and the Evil Eye over our shoulder have kept it limited to just those employers who chose to play Big Brother with their Minions.

And mine AWG. They are watching me right now. I could go back to an outlay company...No health insurance no benifits. Just a job.

And mine AWG. They are watching me right now. I could go back to an outlay company...No health insurance no benifits. Just a job.

And mine..I just turn up mariachi music real LOUD and flip it the bird. They can "coach" me all they want, they can't fire us...It's in our contract. Plus, slaves have to be sold.

I wonder how grossed out you can get them? Pick your but and smell it, pick your nose, fart loudly. LOL How long till they turn your camera off? LOL

Last time I was in a truck I was peeing in a bottle, nothing got said.

I have a friend who bought a gopro camera and faced it towards traffic and he uses it when someone calls in on him. it has saved him a few times friom being fired

What's so difficult about simply applying a wee bit of BLACK TAPE on the lens viewing the driver????
That IS what I would do.
I have NO PROBLEM with a Camera FACING FORWARD through the windscreen, just NO CHANCE I would allow myself to be viewed and sound recorded constantly.

It's not like we are handling MONEY or other security objects.
SAFETY SENSITIVE POSITIONS do not require Electronic LEASHES.
WHY do you people ALLOW yourselves to be subjugated/controlled by such pointless and PERSONALLY INVASIVE devices??
Under the sham/guise of safety?
Because you LIKE BEING WATCHED and TOLD what you can and cannot do while performing your duties??
NO ONE, repeat, NO ONE tells me I cannot smoke or drink fluids or eat or talk on the chatter box or on the phone with a headset while I'm driving.
I would not mind a camera somewhere along the top rear rail of the trailer. THAT would be helpful.

I'm SO GLAD I work for a small company where a Camera watching me is not installed.
One facing FORWARD on Traffic, I'll allow.
I'm also glad we use LOOSE LEAF, until the time comes when e-logs are mandated Nationwide, then I hope to be doing somethings productive (multiple streams of income) ONLINE then I can QUIT DRIVING C.M.V.s. and overall be done working for some company other than mine.

Hope this day finds you well.
CHEERS!!

I told my safety manager that the day we had cameras looking at us in our truck was the last day I wore clothes while driving. I also told him I would hack into every manager's laptop and broadcast their webcam to the whole world. You watch me in my home, I'll let the world watch you in yours.

Driver reaction to the camera proposal was so overwhelming Dot has ruled it out. For now.

I told my safety manager that the day we had cameras looking at us in our truck was the last day I wore clothes while driving. I also told him I would hack into every manager's laptop and broadcast their webcam to the whole world. You watch me in my home, I'll let the world watch you in yours.

Driver reaction to the camera proposal was so overwhelming Dot has ruled it out. For now.

Hopefully there won't be any posting while ........

Last edited by a moderator:
The Orweillian state has been in the making for a long time..Soon these will be an industry standard. Amazing how Insurance drives alot of stuff behind the scenes.

Most people who are against driver facing drive cams have never used them before. There is a lot of misguided speculation about them, naturally. I'll address some of the myths about them:

"It's a violation of privacy"

Wrong. A driver facing drive cam only shows what can already be seen by the public. It does not have x-Ray or thermal vision.

"Companies use it as a tool to spy on drivers"

Wrong again. For one, you're a fool if you think your dispatcher or anyone else in your company has time to spy on you, and you're a bigger fool if you think your employer will hire one person per truck to do nothing but look at drive cam footage.

This is how those cams work:

The company sets the sensitivity of the camera. When an event outside of the sensitivity parameters of the cam triggers it to do so, the camera will send a 20 second clip to the safety department for review. It records 24/7, but the safety department can only view a 20 second clip. 10 seconds before the event, and 10 seconds after.

I have driven city buses that were equipped with these cameras, and so far they saved me from 2 lawsuits. These cameras can be your best friend or your worst enemy. Which of these depends on what kind of driver you are.

I drive for Conway. In Canada the driver facing cam is a breach of our privacy rights, the case is before the privacy commissioner as we speak. I have no issue with forward facing cams.... Can save the company and the driver. But when you get "coached" as they call it, because some minimum wage puke in a cubicle that reviewed your "event" decides that taking a swig of pop is dangerous, I have issues with that. The videos are reviewed by an outside company, we don't even get to see what we apparently did wrong either.

"Companies use it as a tool to spy on drivers"

Wrong again. For one, you're a fool if you think your dispatcher or anyone else in your company has time to spy on you, and you're a bigger fool if you think your employer will hire one person per truck to do nothing but look at drive cam footage.
Roadway would record our conversations on the 2way radios in our city tractors. More then once I saw and heard the city dispatcher playing back the tape.

I worked for an out of biz department store chain. The DC naturally had cameras everywhere. The Loss Prevention personal
kept a " Best Of " tape. No doubt some safety guy would have one of them.

The next might be. If you are an hourly worker, the cam shows you making a "pit stop" without clocking out , will they
use it as a theft of time issue?

I worked for an out of biz department store chain. The DC naturally had cameras everywhere. The Loss Prevention personal

The next might be. If you are an hourly worker, the cam shows you making a "pit stop" without clocking out , will they

Theft of time is such a vague issue. So I wouldnt doubt it, if they are itching to fire you.

I'm an hourly worker. My employer doesn't care if I stop for a bite to eat on my way to my next stop, provided I don't go off route.