VIDEO: CHP teams up to yank out a semi stuck in a snowbank

A

Ashley

Screen-Shot-2023-02-06-at-10.38.32-AM-600x300.png

Sometimes it takes more than one trooper to rescue a stuck truck and keep snowy roadways clear, as you can see in this video from the California Highway Patrol’s (CHP) Truckee Division.

In a video clip shared on February 5, CHP uses not one, not two, but three patrol vehicles to try to pull out a semi truck stuck in a snow bank in the Truckee area.

“It’s getting a little TRICKY out there!! You know it’s a mess when we have to use three patrol vehicles to pull a big rig out,” CHP said.

CHP said that the patrol vehicles were successful in getting the stuck truck moving again, with help from CalTrans.

In less than 24 hours, more than 200,000 users have viewed the video. Many shared appreciation in the comment section for the “can do” attitude of CHP Truckee.

Jeez! Is there anything the CHP can’t do? Cheers to your dedication!” said one commenter.

CHP heroes continue their amazing work on I-80 in wintery conditions. Helping people and keeping folks safe. Can’t believe you were able to pull that big rig even with three squad cars!” another person commented.

You guys are amazing! Thank you for all you do to keep us all safe during these winter months!” said a Facebook user.

Check out the video below.

Continue reading...

Reddaway had a pusher truck like that on I-5 for Siskiyou Summit. The only condition was that they had to help any truck no matter what company.
I find it hard to believe that they used State equipment for this, the liability could have been enormous.

E80CCE4D-3BFB-4EE5-873A-2C5E8FFE6330.md.jpeg