Vintage Sears Generator Model 580321811

Jeff

Looking for Trolls
Administrator
Super Administrator
Credits
Anybody know anything about these? Someone who lives close to me put it out to be thrown away... I took it home, cleaned the carb a bit and got it running good, hooked up a shop light to it and it works good.

kjQ9aP9.jpg

HUeRNVK.jpg

vMkP4iY.jpg

L6QVCt1.jpg

7g3Oh0B.jpg

kjQ9aP9.jpg

HUeRNVK.jpg

vMkP4iY.jpg

L6QVCt1.jpg

7g3Oh0B.jpg

Anybody know anything about these? Someone who lives close to me put it out to be thrown away... I took it home, cleaned the carb a bit and got it running good, hooked up a shop light to it and it works good.

kjQ9aP9.jpg

HUeRNVK.jpg

vMkP4iY.jpg

L6QVCt1.jpg

7g3Oh0B.jpg

kjQ9aP9.jpg

HUeRNVK.jpg

vMkP4iY.jpg

L6QVCt1.jpg

7g3Oh0B.jpg

i'd be going to a small engine shop and buy some new fuel lines. if they are all the same diameter, get about 2 to 3 feet of it. this is what i did with my snow equipment...then i just cut them a bit longer, so as to flex a bit with vibration.

if that person who owned it threw it away, the possibility exists that the fuel lines are cracked due to age and the ethanol in todays gasolines.

depending on the engine maker, either Briggs and Stratton or Tecumseh, parts may still be available thru online sites or the local small repair shops

good luck with it, this can be a fun hobby to clean it up, and use it for camping.....(might be a bit louder than any of the newer ones though)

kjQ9aP9.jpg

HUeRNVK.jpg

vMkP4iY.jpg

L6QVCt1.jpg

7g3Oh0B.jpg

kjQ9aP9.jpg

HUeRNVK.jpg

vMkP4iY.jpg

L6QVCt1.jpg

7g3Oh0B.jpg
Do you have ear plugs for this one bud

i'd be going to a small engine shop and buy some new fuel lines. if they are all the same diameter, get about 2 to 3 feet of it. this is what i did with my snow equipment...then i just cut them a bit longer, so as to flex a bit with vibration.

if that person who owned it threw it away, the possibility exists that the fuel lines are cracked due to age and the ethanol in todays gasolines.

depending on the engine maker, either Briggs and Stratton or Tecumseh, parts may still be available thru online sites or the local small repair shops

good luck with it, this can be a fun hobby to clean it up, and use it for camping.....(might be a bit louder than any of the newer ones though)

It's a Tecumseh and it runs good actually, I saw a new carb for ot on feebay for like 13 bucks
Do you have ear plugs for this one bud

About as loud as a lawnmower ... I don't plan to use it for much but if you need to throw one on the back of the truck to run power tools , this one weighs about 80-100 lbs

I have accumulated several chainsaws, mowers etc. that were left sitting with ethanol in fuel tank/carburetor. Usually a low priced carburetor kit from Ebay & fuel lines from O'Reilly Auto puts them back in the game. Not many people repair small engines.
Most of the small engine problems could be avoided if people would spend a few more pennies for non ethanol fuel. It is a ritual every spring for a relative who always buys the cheapest of everything, he has to spend almost as much as a mower is worth to have a shop repair the damage that ethanol does.

I have accumulated several chainsaws, mowers etc. that were left sitting with ethanol in fuel tank/carburetor. Usually a low priced carburetor kit from Ebay & fuel lines from O'Reilly Auto puts them back in the game. Not many people repair small engines.
Most of the small engine problems could be avoided if people would spend a few more pennies for non ethanol fuel. It is a ritual every spring for a relative who always buys the cheapest of everything, he has to spend almost as much as a mower is worth to have a shop repair the damage that ethanol does.
I buy nothing but non ethanol for my boat and yard machines

He’s gonna mount it on a metal trash can full of beer cans....:17142:
Mount it on a yrc tractor. Maybe break 60mph...... Weight may be a factor.
Not. A bad find. Can't argue "free".
My son found a pretty nice SELF PROPELLED cub cadet mower the other day.
Needed a wheel bearing and a carb cleaning and runs and cuts like a new mower.
Can't beat "FREE!"

I put the gas can on the golf cart and I am back in 10 mins
lol....lucky you...

this is why after oh about 25 years (??) , i had to replace the fuel lines in my mini tiller and snow equipment...can't say for sure i blame the ethanol, over old age, but the Toro dealer said he has had a lot of equipment that went 40 + years with no fuel line deterioration.

once he saw my old fuel line, he said it was indeed from the years of ethanol.

i also use Stabil, and some blue fluid that counter acts the ethanol. i get it at Advanced Auto...can't recall the name, and too lazy to go down 3 flights of stairs to the basement..lol

but i think it is this

eb880a22-499d-412d-891c-b1f075c3609d_1.d81911919f00f41fa04de51b88b2ad99.jpeg

Ya. I don't like the idea they force us to use gasoline with ethanol.
We used to have a couple of stations around that had a pump.wkthou ethanol.
Now. The only place I can get ethanol free is by the race track. They have race fuel but 15 bucks for the lowest fuel kinda turns me away. High octane.. Sure as heck would clean any crap hanging around the intake manifold. Lol. One of em as I remembered is 110 octane.

But be sure to buy premium unleaded fuel WITHOUT ethanol.

But be sure to buy premium unleaded fuel WITHOUT ethanol.
yes, i always in fact buy the highest octane. however, as i mentioned, all gas stations here have ethanol.

i cannot recall right now the % they have, but anywhere from 10 to 15%..????

10% ethanol is the normal amount in gasoline. Stabil markets several products that helps stop the corrosion of ethanol fuels. As long as the small engines are being used & fuel doesn't stay in the tank over a long period of time 10% can be used if additives are used. When a machine is to be stored you should run the ethanol fuel out & use an additive made for long term storage.
The best policy is to not use ethanol if you can avoid it. The few pennies per gallon extra is a good investment. Most outdoor supply stores sell small engine fuel. It is pricey but would be excellent for short term use at the end of the season.