Yellow | Vitran or Conway?

[quote author=pup driver link=topic=79497.msg825772#msg825772 date=1272604348]
CCX Driver there ain't anything you guys can do . Yellow/Roadway started a cancer and its spreading throught the trucking industry .Now its ABF after that its going to be all the big non boyz . Believe me Con-way ain't going to keep on paying more than a union company . Weather they need it or not they want a lower pay scale and they can take from you guys just like taken candy from a baby. They don't have to answer to nobody . Last I heard Con-way and a few others were giving an 85% discount [ don't know if they still are ] so already ya know they they ain't maken what they want. . We don't know if all these outfits planed this whole thing out behind closed doors just to get cheaper wages . Just tellen ya the way I see it . After the union boyz take a hit the nons gotta be next.
[/quote]Last I heard, Con-way has their drivers working from 60 hours to 70 hours a week now. Hmmm, imagine that? There goes the over-time pay, and they didn't get to vote on it. See how a Corporate American Company knows best for their employees. Isn't that nice of Con-way not giving their employees a chance to at least think about it, first? Oh, thats right. They don't any representation from anyone, especially now. :biglaugh:

[quote author=Italian Style link=topic=79497.msg828342#msg828342 date=1273416769]
[quote author=pup driver link=topic=79497.msg825772#msg825772 date=1272604348]
CCX Driver there ain't anything you guys can do . Yellow/Roadway started a cancer and its spreading throught the trucking industry .Now its ABF after that its going to be all the big non boyz . Believe me Con-way ain't going to keep on paying more than a union company . Weather they need it or not they want a lower pay scale and they can take from you guys just like taken candy from a baby. They don't have to answer to nobody . Last I heard Con-way and a few others were giving an 85% discount [ don't know if they still are ] so already ya know they they ain't maken what they want. . We don't know if all these outfits planed this whole thing out behind closed doors just to get cheaper wages . Just tellen ya the way I see it . After the union boyz take a hit the nons gotta be next.
[/quote]Last I heard, Con-way has their drivers working from 60 hours to 70 hours a week now. Hmmm, imagine that? There goes the over-time pay, and they didn't get to vote on it. See how a Corporate American Company knows best for their employees. Isn't that nice of Con-way not giving their employees a chance to at least think about it, first? Oh, thats right. They don't any representation from anyone, especially now. :biglaugh:
[/quote]

Where did the overtime pay go? Last I saw it was after 8.

[quote author=JPS link=topic=79497.msg825130#msg825130 date=1272384365]
Am I wrong or is CFI Con Ways line haul driver replacements ?
[/quote] I don't think he really wants to talk about THAT! If he did it would be admitting the process has already began!

[quote author=CDLguy link=topic=79497.msg823914#msg823914 date=1271984891]
I got responses today from both for jobs (city drivers). Any YRC people ever work at either one? Or know first hand what it's like for union guys to get jobs there? I hate to quit one job that I can tolerate temporarily, for an even crappier job.
[/quote] I am currently working for Con-way in Columbus after being with Yellow for 10 years and liking it very much. I am on the city flex and taking home $940 to $1000 a week. I have only worked for 4 weeks since Nov 07 and tired of the bs especially since Roadway is running the show over YRC. No more pos hotels and bedbugs. I know for a fact that Vitran or pjax is losing accts in central ohio

[quote author=JPS link=topic=79497.msg825335#msg825335 date=1272469649]
What about OT after 40 hours ?
I belive a lot of carriers either do not pay Overtime or only after 60 hours
[/quote] Conway pays after 8. Old Dominion pays after 60 and I believe Estes is after 45 or 50.

Come on guys.......This thread is sounding like the CB speaker in a road closure.

Regardless of who we work for, we are all paying a price given the state of the global economy. How about a little decency towards each other. More discussion and less stone throwing.