Yellow | Vitran or Conway?

For all you Con-way guys , can you honestly say that it never crossed your minds that Con-way ain't going to pull the same ::shit:: on you that that YRC did and ABF is about to pull . Are you guys next? There ain't a dam thing to stop them only their morals which if you think any one that runs a company that size has morals your not liven in the real world . I guarantee you this ,the only thing they care about is the money :rant: . The only time they worry about you is when they think you might have a suit against them . From what is put out on this form Con-way must have a lot of :buttkisser: worken there . In all fairness they do have some decent guys also that I do think highly of. If you disagree with this you ain't one of them . :nono:

[quote author=Italian Style link=topic=79497.msg824937#msg824937 date=1272321109]
[quote author=CDLguy link=topic=79497.msg824911#msg824911 date=1272315273]
I went out job hunting today (my day off), and stopped over at Milan. They only want to pay $11.50 an hour! I told that guy he's nuts. And he replied that in today's economy, he could pay whatever he wants, that there's a lot of unemployed drivers out there. I told him that I hope he gets what he pays for.
[/quote]Gee, don't we all love those right to work states. Get paid whatever a company feels like paying out. We all have to help those non-union US Corporate American Companies on the free market some how. $11.50 an hour? So a day's work is worth a pair of Nike gym shoes. Looks like Jose and Hodgie found themselves jobs after all. I wonder how the Con-way drivers would react on working for $11.50 an hour? They can be happy that the union isn't standing in their way on the free market pay scale. :biglaugh:
[/quote]

How's your outfit doing these days? In it for the long haul?

[quote author=bud starkey link=topic=79497.msg825021#msg825021 date=1272346240]
For all you Con-way guys , can you honestly say that it never crossed your minds that Con-way ain't going to pull the same ::shit:: on you that that YRC did and ABF is about to pull . Are you guys next? There ain't a dam thing to stop them only their morals which if you think any one that runs a company that size has morals your not liven in the real world . I guarantee you this ,the only thing they care about is the money :rant: . The only time they worry about you is when they think you might have a suit against them . From what is put out on this form Con-way must have a lot of :buttkisser: worken there . In all fairness they do have some decent guys also that I do think highly of. If you disagree with this you ain't one of them . :nono:
[/quote]

Since the IBT is obviously not the answer, what do you think we should do if we don't want to end up like Yellow?

[quote author=CCXdriver link=topic=79497.msg825027#msg825027 date=1272347713]
[quote author=Italian Style link=topic=79497.msg824937#msg824937 date=1272321109]
[quote author=CDLguy link=topic=79497.msg824911#msg824911 date=1272315273]
I went out job hunting today (my day off), and stopped over at Milan. They only want to pay $11.50 an hour! I told that guy he's nuts. And he replied that in today's economy, he could pay whatever he wants, that there's a lot of unemployed drivers out there. I told him that I hope he gets what he pays for.
[/quote]Gee, don't we all love those right to work states. Get paid whatever a company feels like paying out. We all have to help those non-union US Corporate American Companies on the free market some how. $11.50 an hour? So a day's work is worth a pair of Nike gym shoes. Looks like Jose and Hodgie found themselves jobs after all. I wonder how the Con-way drivers would react on working for $11.50 an hour? They can be happy that the union isn't standing in their way on the free market pay scale. :biglaugh:
[/quote]

How's your outfit doing these days? In it for the long haul?
[/quote]College is my gig on a voluntary (LOA) leave of absence. Doing case study after case study, knowing how companies are going to take more advantage of their own employees pay checks and force greater responsibilities on others very soon. This all part of of the free market, and to the new Global Economy. Acquiring and owning a CDL isn't going to mean ::shit:: to anybody anymore.

Just remember, all the Yellow Freight Personnel that left or got cut by YRC went to other trucking companies. Without a union standing in their way. They can and will perform a lot easier, the same tactics on the rest of the truck drivers nation wide.

I notice you have a Tea Party sign next to your screen name. Thats good; because, your going to need that sign when Con-way decides to un-Constitutionally (spreads the wealth) when the take 50% of your and everyone else's paycheck too.

Wouldn't that constitute as un-American or does it matter which political party or group performs those actions first?

Like I stated before, "appearing to show up for work at a non-union company is like like appearing for a divorce court without an attorney." Everyone who works for a non-union is entitled to nothing. I guess a company's (given word) is better to have than a contract. Why would a company lie to anyone, especially in these days?

Keep performing that ego of going to work everyday thinking that this is just a job, rather than a career. It makes easier for a company to get rid of people who they don't want, and good luck trying to get a pay raise. Knowing that Jose and Hodgie are about to get their leagal rates as Americans. May want to hold off on asking for that pay raise.

I hope everyone can survive on getting paid $11.50 an hour. What do people think when Obama leagalizes (Amnesty) to all the illeagal foreigners living in this country is going to do to all the jobs in America?

Dividing and conquering the truck drivers is easy. All a company has to do is reward people for snitching and force others to compete against one another--rather than working together--and corporate can reep all the rewards. Thats all that is really happening here.

I wonder if Con-way would have the b@!!$ to put that in their non-union video? A company will go to the greatest lengths to keep people divided and uneducated as much as a company can get away with.

The question is, would it be un-American when you and others decide to stand up and rise against Con-way and tell them when enough is enough?

Remember, what comes around, goes around. All the truck drivers will get hit with the domino effect nation-wide. So when Con-way decides to re-distribute your cost of living, and the union isn't around, what would be your recover? Like I said, you may want to hold on to that Tea party sign. You and others may need to use it again very soon.

Remember, Hodgie and Jose are waiting to get your truck keys to take over your job. Better decide rather quickly on who is in the right or wrong.

That is funny, because thats how Corporate American Trucking Companies will be on the employess soon, when they proceed on redistributing all the drivers cost of living. Con-way may want to upgrade their employees uniforms to the foreign cultured edition. Got to blend in with NAFTA or the free market workers.

Now that would be funny. :biglaugh:

Hey, if you so fxxxing hot on Con-Way going uxxxn, why aren't you out there right now talking to drivers in person? Maybe you can convince them how bad they have it, and how they should aspire to work for a company like Yellow.

You forget that your in the YRC forum. The moderators in this forum do not punish people for posting the word (Union).

Now doesn't that sound (un-American) when someone has to worry about being punished for posting a word?

I'm sorry, what country is this again?

Isn't (Freedom of Speech) in the Constitution?

Maybe the next time when you go to a Tea Party, have a sign that says: (NO TO NAFTA). Then again, don't do that. You may confuse everyone there that likes to work for free.

I did forget, my bad. You'll have to talk to Jeff if you have a problem with the forum rules. I will leave this forum now, before someone complains I'm here. Sorry all.

Mr. CCX Driver you ask what I think you guys should do?There ain't nothing ya can do it's coming to all the outfits . Yellow started a cancer and it's going to take off and spread among the rest . Do you guys really think that Con-way , Estes, R&L and the rest are going to keep on paying more than a union company . Last I heard was Con-way and O. D were giving 85% discounts don't know if they still are but I think they got something in mind . We don't know if this thing was set up by the companies behind close doors to get labor costs down . I know that all the non companies really don't have to answer to anybody to drop their pay scale they can and if ya don't like it guess what you all can quit and go get screwed at your new job if ya find one I did read on one of these posts that Milan is starting new guys off at 11.50$an hour. What needs to be done is to regulate again, no more throat cut competition thats how it was prior 1980 and we all did just fine . :clap:

Con-way is already pushing their P&D drivers to work from 60hrs to 70hrs a week now. There goes the over-time pay, but it is better for them not to go union. Learning to speak Spanish over English will be their next agenda. :biglaugh:

[quote author=upnorth link=topic=79497.msg825444#msg825444 date=1272503184]
CFI drivers are pulling full loads, ESL lanes and linehaul overflow. Very few CFI guys here in canada, not many can cross the border.
[/quote]That is because a lot of them come from (The Right To Work) states. It is a second option to the American (Green-Card). Canada's politics doesn't allow it.

Here is the thing about a right to work state The union fights to get a good living and good benefits etc. :rant: We fight the good fight :chairshot: then here comes the guy that don't want to belong to the union but he still gets all the benefits that the guy that did all the fighting with the company gets .Guys like that are what ya would call parasites hell they will even cross the picket lines of their own fellow workers. They deserve all the ::shit:: the company can shovel at them ,oops I forgot they get the same protection from the union they despise . :duel:

CCX Driver there ain't anything you guys can do . Yellow/Roadway started a cancer and its spreading throught the trucking industry .Now its ABF after that its going to be all the big non boyz . Believe me Con-way ain't going to keep on paying more than a union company . Weather they need it or not they want a lower pay scale and they can take from you guys just like taken candy from a baby. They don't have to answer to nobody . Last I heard Con-way and a few others were giving an 85% discount [ don't know if they still are ] so already ya know they they ain't maken what they want. . We don't know if all these outfits planed this whole thing out behind closed doors just to get cheaper wages . Just tellen ya the way I see it . After the union boyz take a hit the nons gotta be next.

Wow CDLGuy. You ask a simple question and get all this crap. I guess you will have to decide on your own. Any where you go is gonna suck compared to YRC. That's the bottom line. Have you tried ABF? They are wanting 5 or 6 right now. If I was gonna go non union, I would go to Conway. I talked to a Conway driver the other day. He said wages are good, OT after 8 hours, and they are very busy and growing. I'm too far down the board to ever make it back to YRC. I'm just gonna have to right them off. Vitran/PJAX are too screwed up right now. They operate under one roof but are on 2 different pay scales still. I'd choose Conway Edinburg before I'd consider Plainfield. Good Luck.

CDLGuy, I wouldn't work for any of those trucking companies. Stay where your at, and look for a new career in the process. Go back to school part time, or take some on-line classes. There isn't going to be any money in trucking too much longer. It will be harder to earn a living in truck driving, period. Too many people like volunteering to work for a lesser wage now a days. In truck driving it isn't whats in view in the front or on the sides of the truck anymore. Now drivers have to start watching backs, with the back-stabbing company :buttkisser: that come into play. Con-way will get their share of Deregulation when NAFTA or all the foreigners get their amnesty in this country. Having a CDL won't mean ::shit:: anymore.

[quote author=bud starkey link=topic=79497.msg825477#msg825477 date=1272510195]
Here is the thing about a right to work state The union fights to get a good living and good benefits etc. :rant: We fight the good fight :chairshot: then here comes the guy that don't want to belong to the union but he still gets all the benefits that the guy that did all the fighting with the company gets .Guys like that are what ya would call parasites hell they will even cross the picket lines of their own fellow workers. They deserve all the ::shit:: the company can shovel at them ,oops I forgot they get the same protection from the union they despise . :duel:
[/quote] I have no examples to back this up. But, if you don't pay dues and are always spewing anti union crap, I wouldn't want to be counting on a BA to save your butt in a hearing. I know that they are supposed to protect everyone with the same kind of effort, but I think we all know better than that. And I must admit, that if I were a BA, and whether you pay dues or not, if I knew that you have a reputation of bashing the Union, you probably wouldn't get my best effort. Either you support the Union.........or what comes around goes around. I'm not saying that you have to be a pro Union fanatic to get good representation, but you should at least respect the Union enough to support issues and be a good member. Then you should expect to get proper support. Just my opinion.