Central Transport | vitran or pjax

You are right the time and money involved in this suit was just not worth it. Look around at any compnay that you have worked for in the past. Any company can be accused of wrong doing and it is a shame that some money grubbing people have to suck the life out of a family run buisness. I am totally against abuse and discrimination, however, if it is that bad FIND A NEW JOB. With that said how can you say we bought all of these companies...you did not buy anything VITRAN Corp bought them..I do believe that Vitran Central was once Overland...So Vitran Central did not buy PJAX, Vitran Corp bought PJAX to straighten out your mess.

:shock:your right officeman ..that is were i found the info on the pjax lawsuits (internet) .. and if the boys were not guilty, why did pjax settle and pay big bucks to make it go away?

Sorry simple but get your facts correct.
Copy of article.
Truck carrier PJAX Inc., which had agreed Monday to pay five female employees in Pennsylvania more than $500,000 to settle a discrimination suit, settled an additional suit yesterday for $2 million.
EEOC officials said that the case, filed in Baltimore, was brought by 200 female PJAX employees in Maryland who alleged they were routinely denied trucker and dockworker jobs because of their gender. A terminal manager, fired for protesting that policy, will also get money under the settlement, the EEOC said.

Officials of privately-held PJAX, based in Gibsonia, PA, have denied all the allegations, and decided to settle the suit to avoid the expense and distraction of a court case

Two suits 2.5 million
500,000 in court
2 million out of court for 200 women
I would settle out too after loosing the first one
you are right there have been a few from the perves at PJAX lawsuits settled to shut people up and people were fired but not when they should have been pjax discriminates women and minorities to some extent now the have a woman in pit whose job it is is to help the women and eeoc

well, when the hammels ran it, i didnt mind going to pitt and lay over their and roam around the front offices, there were some good lookin women up their.
just my opinion,

we all know what happened in pitt and balti. and tol/det w/ jack parrish also.
im sorry in balti. if a woman wants to be a trucker in our world then she should be able to do the job. linehaul or city.
were all here to make money, that stems from the ceo on down and if their is a weak link or a potential weak get the f_ck rid of them.

Well people should not accuse someone of doing drugs unless they have concrete evidence. The only thing that I know is that PJAX provided for many of families and I believe that a company that gets no government funding they should be able to hire who they want based on ability not based on race or sex. So unless you were at the table watching the blow go up someones nose, you have no idea what you are talking about.

What to expect from the New PJAX President...

PJAX doesn't have multi vice presidents doing nothing. PJAX will dump looser customers like freightquote.com and doesn't kiss their.... if they act like total jerks.

Locals terminals actually have to ANSWER the phones and not let the phone ring and ring then roll over to the central number.

break bulk terminal managers will get fired for swinging a thru trailer (TOL) just so they can charge the org terminal cross-dock fees.

AND...Pups will eventually go away. The hub and spoke went out the with Romans!
Any terminal is a reship, to accommodate changes in freight flow immediately.

Kimack's days are numbered as well as his henchmen.

Have you even met the sons? How can you say that they sold the company so he can do blow?

I do know Donny owns a home in Costa Rica. Jimmy owns one on the outer banks. Mr. & Mrs. Hammel are just like Mom & Pop. The only one I don't know is Jeff. But they were easy to work for and I never had any problem with any of the Hammels.

They are major stock holders in Vitran as part of the purchase agreement. I want to say they own 17% of Vitran, but do not quote me on that.

:shock:your right officeman ..that is were i found the info on the pjax lawsuits (internet) .. and if the boys were not guilty, why did pjax settle and pay big bucks to make it go away?

How the trouble started....
The terminal mgr in TOL (Jack) before Robyn Lynn (they eventually moved him to DET)(he was related to I believe Mark K)
This guy was the one that got into trouble out east.... he has a gambling problem...so he asked his office secretary (a looker) if she would take it out in trade with his bookie to lower his debt. The Secretary lawyer-ed up.

Eventually, the Manager was fired for going into a rage, chasing a Supervisor across the dock while throwing clipboards at the Supervisor. (This happened in DET)

I do know Donny owns a home in Costa Rica. Jimmy owns one on the outer banks. Mr. & Mrs. Hammel are just like Mom & Pop. The only one I don't know is Jeff. But they were easy to work for and I never had any problem with any of the Hammels.

They are major stock holders in Vitran as part of the purchase agreement. I want to say they own 17% of Vitran, but do not quote me on that.

NO one in PJAX holds major stock in Vitran. It is just a rumor, I am not trying to start trouble. PROOF,you need to look up Vitran on the stock exchange (or yahoo finance), their symbol is VTNC, click on inside major share holders. Only 3 names, same 3 names for at least 5 years, Rick G, Anthony G, Richard M Or maybe vitran either mislead the Hammels or forgot to add them on to that list, It has been 2 years since the acquisition vitran has had plenty of time. Kimack & his henchman out the door, why don"t kosovec fire them today or tomorrow he has that so called power, exercise it. Them getting rid of the pups, rumor you have no proof. What they need to get rid of is them PJAX license plates that are only rated at 73,280 lbs, and them PJAX permits that only allow those trucks to travel no further west than the state of illinios and wisconsin, last I checked Vitran goes all the way to San Leandro, Ca (BAY).

NO one in PJAX holds major stock in Vitran. It is just a rumor, I am not trying to start trouble. PROOF,you need to look up Vitran on the stock exchange (or yahoo finance), their symbol is VTNC, click on inside major share holders. Only 3 names, same 3 names for at least 5 years, Rick G, Anthony G, Richard M Or maybe vitran either mislead the Hammels or forgot to add them on to that list, It has been 2 years since the acquisition vitran has had plenty of time. Kimack & his henchman out the door, why don"t kosovec fire them today or tomorrow he has that so called power, exercise it. Them getting rid of the pups, rumor you have no proof. What they need to get rid of is them PJAX license plates that are only rated at 73,280 lbs, and them PJAX permits that only allow those trucks to travel no further west than the state of illinios and wisconsin, last I checked Vitran goes all the way to San Leandro, Ca (BAY).

Concerning the stock ownership of Vitran by the Hammels, all I can quote is the conversation Donny Hammel, Rick Gatez, and Dave Kimack had at our PJAX terminal in the fall of 2006. If what they said in that meeting is true or not, I can not verify.

If you knew me personally then you would not be so quick to discredit my comments. Concerning my identity all I will say is, I am not now a truck driver, however I have driven almost 2 million miles in my earlier years, and have not driven truck as a profession since 1995. If you view my comments as simple speculation then take them for that.

With that, I leave you with a Paul Harvey quote, "Page 2...."

How the trouble started....
The terminal mgr in TOL (Jack) before Robyn Lynn (they eventually moved him to DET)(he was related to I believe Mark K)
This guy was the one that got into trouble out east.... he has a gambling problem...so he asked his office secretary (a looker) if she would take it out in trade with his bookie to lower his debt. The Secretary lawyer-ed up.

Eventually, the Manager was fired for going into a rage, chasing a Supervisor across the dock while throwing clipboards at the Supervisor. (This happened in DET)

as someone who worked out of det with jack your story is bs if you werent there the day it happened you don't know what happened indiana man

no one in pjax holds major stock in vitran. It is just a rumor, i am not trying to start trouble. Proof,you need to look up vitran on the stock exchange (or yahoo finance), their symbol is vtnc, click on inside major share holders. Only 3 names, same 3 names for at least 5 years, rick g, anthony g, richard m or maybe vitran either mislead the hammels or forgot to add them on to that list, it has been 2 years since the acquisition vitran has had plenty of time. Kimack & his henchman out the door, why don"t kosovec fire them today or tomorrow he has that so called power, exercise it. Them getting rid of the pups, rumor you have no proof. What they need to get rid of is them pjax license plates that are only rated at 73,280 lbs, and them pjax permits that only allow those trucks to travel no further west than the state of illinios and wisconsin, last i checked vitran goes all the way to san leandro, ca (bay).
yeh get rid of the plates on low rated weights i agree

it really does not matter what happened the man was a a hole and he treated people and especially women wrong and he cost pjax alot of money and it finally got him fired 10 yrs to late

Since my version of the story was relayed to me by Robinlynne I stand by that story. Jack was throwing clipboards at a Supervisor.

i had the pleasure working with jack in columbus in the late 90s biggest arrs hole i ever meet.

In 2001, I remember seeing Jack in the Pit dock office with his feet up leaning back in the Supervisor's chair. :rolleyes1: