Volpe Express

Stan Smith

TB Regular
Credits
What is there to know about this company? I have someone asking me about it and I don't know much at all here. Thanks

What is there to know about this company? I have someone asking me about it and I don't know much at all here. Thanks
I got the whole skinny on that operation and it comes with a very strong recommendation of STAY AWAY! The Teamsters screwed this pooch like no other. I think that there are four (4) yes four (4) contracts under one roof and only the original Volpe Express is worth a ::shit::. And they are not hiring anyone under that banner though they won't really tell you that. You can get on delivering Rite Aid, running OTR or the most shameful operation named Fox Logistical Staffing. Get this, Fox Logistical Staffing leases drivers to Volpe Express with the union's blessing. Pay is shameful, drivers have to pay 25% of their health insurance if they take it and get nothing extra if they turn it down. And pension? Makes YRC's current pension look like Donald Trump's paycheck. I'd go with OD before I went with that job. Now...I have heard that Brentag in Reading just lost a few drivers so that might work.

I got the whole skinny on that operation and it comes with a very strong recommendation of STAY AWAY! The Teamsters screwed this pooch like no other. I think that there are four (4) yes four (4) contracts under one roof and only the original Volpe Express is worth a :::shit:::. And they are not hiring anyone under that banner though they won't really tell you that. You can get on delivering Rite Aid, running OTR or the most shameful operation named Fox Logistical Staffing. Get this, Fox Logistical Staffing leases drivers to Volpe Express with the union's blessing. Pay is shameful, drivers have to pay 25% of their health insurance if they take it and get nothing extra if they turn it down. And pension? Makes YRC's current pension look like Donald Trump's paycheck. I'd go with OD before I went with that job. Now...I have heard that Brentag in Reading just lost a few drivers so that might work.

Friend was asking me about them. He said they opened a new place in Harrisburg Pa and only need 7 drivers maybe eventually 15 total. 20 an hour and union from what he was told.

Friend was asking me about them. He said they opened a new place in Harrisburg Pa and only need 7 drivers maybe eventually 15 total. 20 an hour and union from what he was told.
I am curious as to what they have cooking in Harrisburg, that would probably be a different contract.

I am curious as to what they have cooking in Harrisburg, that would probably be a different contract.

I'm not sure. Allegedly this is a whole new operation in the beginning stages. He did say he seen the Phoenix name on some og the trailers.

is there ever a driver they haven't screwed yet ? some must be slow learners
I would call us eternally optimistic, hopefuls at heart. Living off of the legends of the past. Holding onto the tattered remains of a once great contract. One that does still provide us with a little, not too much these days but still a little.

I would call us eternally optimistic, hopefuls at heart. Living off of the legends of the past. Holding onto the tattered remains of a once great contract. One that does still provide us with a little, not too much these days but still a little.

thats the teamsters in a poem Next time you see a union city cop Dont forget to thank him or her for their contribution to an objective that lost its way

The Harrisburg operation is being run under Fox Log they have same BS contract that we have in Phoenixville,he put all brand new Mack automatic tractors out there.Guess that was to make up for the 20p/h and ot after you work 9.5 hrs thats when it kicks in,you have to work 9hrs, 30 min lunch then ot starts. I never worked for a man like Dan,at Christmas he didn't even give a gift or come and shake the drivers hand to wish them a Merry Christmas,but if you messed up he was johnny on the spot. Unless you really need a job badly STAY AWAY.

Last edited: