ADuiePyle | Volpe in trouble

No I didn't miss it that's why I said I took the shut down part out of context. I'm not sure what your
means. Is it just for this thread or am I now on your :::shit::: list? I don't think I have done anything wrong other than express my thoughts about your thinking the union could or should shut Volpe down for missing a pension contribution.
Crystal, don't waste your time, nobody is allowed to question "The Great And Powerful OZ.":6788:

Crystal, don't waste your time, nobody is allowed to question "The Great And Powerful OZ.":6788:
Nooooooooooo just don't use half of the quote to make is sound like something it isn't.

Nooooooooooo just don't use half of the quote to make is sound like something it isn't.
I made it clear in my post that I had taken it out of context. I only used that part of your quote because it pertained to your suggesting the union could shut Volpe down for missing a pension payment. That's all I was doing. I didn't put words in your mouth. You wanted to know what the IBT Freight Director was going to do about Volpe.

There is an unconfirmed story from a reliable source that Volpe Express is in dire straights and has ceased making pension payments. IF this story is true what is Ernie doing about it? Is he permitting the company to continue operating while the men accrue pension benefits without collecting to funds to the detriment of yet another pension fund?

Here's a second time you made reference to the union being able to shut Volpe down.

Are there any updates on this matter? What's the union doing, letting him not pay while letting the guys continue to accrue pension credits to help kill another pension fund? IF Volpe is not making his pension payments he can be shut down over it and the least they should do is freeze the men's pensions where they are instead of letting them continue to mount up. :ranting2::soapbox:

My ONLY disagreement with you on this issue is the part about the union shutting Volpe down for missing a pension payment. That's it period. i don't think the IBT has the right to interfere with a local pension issue. I don't think the remaining Volpe drivers should be put out of work by their union over a missed pension payment. Maybe my using only part of your quote may have been misleading but that wasn't my intention. That's why I clearly stated I was taking it out of context. I used your quote "IF Volpe is not making his pension payments he can be shut down over it". I made it a point to to acknowledge my taking your quote out of context.
Taken out of context in thinking that shutting them down and putting Teamsters out of work just for missing pension contributions was an option the union had.

If you're done with me I can live with it. I am curious to know if a moderator usually puts a member on his ignore list?

If you're done with me I can live with it. I am curious to know if a moderator usually puts a member on his ignore list?
I never even tried to it the ignore button so I don't know if it can be used by me. My issue is that I am not going to play merry go 'round with someone who utilizes part of my quote and I either accept the misleading post or waste my time clarifying it.

I never even tried to it the ignore button so I don't know if it can be used by me. My issue is that I am not going to play merry go 'round with someone who utilizes part of my quote and I either accept the misleading post or waste my time clarifying it.

Play merry go round? I explained in detail why I only used part of your post. The fact still remains that twice you suggested the union could shut them down. If you want to use the excuse that you would be wasting your time by clarifying your position on the union shutting Volpe down then in my opinion that's a cop out.

All Volpe drivers are union even road and dedicated.Rite aid drivers in fairless hills are local 107.
Do you know their status at this time? I read some reviews of the company on indeed.com, not too many were kind to the company.

How many local freight barns like volpe are even left? I know in wny, the last small union freight carrier was nasons, they shut down a few years ago. They interlined with adp as well.

How many local freight barns like volpe are even left? I know in wny, the last small union freight carrier was nasons, they shut down a few years ago. They interlined with adp as well.
Not like it was years ago but there are more than you might realize. System Freight, Rist, JJ Maloney to name a few, I can't think of others off hand but they do exist. I don't know how many of them are union operations. Doggy Pyle's still around but they are evolving and growing. Volpe had opened a terminal or two and I don't know how that was working for them. I do know that they had drivers who would ask the shipper, "Which one mine", when making pickups. Their hiring standards weren't the highest in the industry and in the freight business you need a very competent and productive driver in order to survive anymore. It's easier to open a facility or offer a new service than it is to staff it and make it work.

Not like it was years ago but there are more than you might realize. System Freight, Rist, JJ Maloney to name a few, I can't think of others off hand but they do exist. I don't know how many of them are union operations. Doggy Pyle's still around but they are evolving and growing. Volpe had opened a terminal or two and I don't know how that was working for them. I do know that they had drivers who would ask the shipper, "Which one mine", when making pickups. Their hiring standards weren't the highest in the industry and in the freight business you need a very competent and productive driver in order to survive anymore. It's easier to open a facility or offer a new service than it is to staff it and make it work.

JJ Maloney closed down last year, owner folded with no warning. Pyle, NEMF and Pitt are as large as anew Penn. Still some 1 location barns in New England , RIST probably has 7 or 8 terminals now like Teals. Another small one is JP Express, apparently Saia will them all their freight for Long Island , Brooklyn and Queens.

I remember when I was with lj kennedy, a folded flatbed outfit out of kearny, seeing jj Maloney's yard. Seemed like a real duct tape and bailing wire operation.

Do you know their status at this time? I read some reviews of the company on indeed.com, not too many were kind to the company.
I saw on craigs list they're looking for 2 str trk drivers and some trl men,so i guess they got plans in the works,I retired from there almost 2 years ago so I missed all the problems,and I'm glad of it. I do know a couple of drivers will be leaving at the end of this week going out to Denver Acme Mkts,and 2 more are retiring this week.

I saw a Volpe truck on the road today so some business is still being conducted. One of my sources tells me that there was some internal monkey business, somebody embezzled some money there and that that is part of the problem. How much is unknown. And while it is a solid source there is always the possibility of misinformation.

Local 384 which represents volpe is a ups local. 384 doesn't care 2 much about freight guys. Most of the guys on 384 board r ups guys from willow grove. Unfortunately :(

Local 384 which represents volpe is a ups local. 384 doesn't care 2 much about freight guys. Most of the guys on 384 board r ups guys from willow grove. Unfortunately :(
And them UPS guys think weird anyway. I like watching them run down the sidewalks with as many packages under their arms as they can finagle.

What is Volpe doing these days?
Volpe closed their Harrisburg location on 3/6, all drivers let go. That leaves them the main building in Phoenixville and the Dedicated at the Rite Aid Whs.
They said the police were there as they have not paid rent in a while and were removed( this part is hear say).

Volpe closed their Harrisburg location on 3/6, all drivers let go. That leaves them the main building in Phoenixville and the Dedicated at the Rite Aid Whs.
They said the police were there as they have not paid rent in a while and were removed( this part is hear say).
Volpe looking for Dedicated drivers now - ALL good steady work - very little if any handling --- based in Phoenixville Pa, but also other locations near Philly - Company doing well & new equipment too ---