Yellow | Vote out Hoffa, Vote in Sean O'Brien Before it's all gone

Last-Ride

TB Lurker
Credits
Okay my brothers and sisters, since Jimmy Jr. has been elected in office in 1999, how have you been effected?. What have we lost?, what gained?, speaking contractually, we are but a small number now, and they want to further pull us apart. GONE car haulers,airlines, cf, preston the 151 line, redstar, yellow, roadway, many more smaller divisions. The rose is covered with thorns, pick it anyway, it will grow again, take the pain now, vote in O'Brien, the rose will bloom again.

I don't think Hoffa is going anywhere. There are, depending on where you look, 1.4 million Teamsters.Only 80,000 Teamsters in the freight division, again depending on where you look. That is roughly 6%. From all I see on the internet, the freight division is the only division getting royally ****ed. Even if ever Teamster in the freight division voted against Hoffa we only control 6%. On top of that only a fraction actually vote and of those you have a lot of Hoffa loyalists. In my opinion Hoffa is here to stay and the freight division will never regain it's glory of old, unless something major happens. Maybe if we could reach out to other members in other trades to help us brothers and sisters in freight out, but we can't even agree amongst ourselves so how do we get support from 94% of the union to vote out someone that is doing a fine job as far as they are concerned.

I don't think Hoffa is going anywhere. There are, depending on where you look, 1.4 million Teamsters.Only 80,000 Teamsters in the freight division, again depending on where you look. That is roughly 6%. From all I see on the internet, the freight division is the only division getting royally ****ed. Even if ever Teamster in the freight division voted against Hoffa we only control 6%. On top of that only a fraction actually vote and of those you have a lot of Hoffa loyalists. In my opinion Hoffa is here to stay and the freight division will never regain it's glory of old, unless something major happens. Maybe if we could reach out to other members in other trades to help us brothers and sisters in freight out, but we can't even agree amongst ourselves so how do we get support from 94% of the union to vote out someone that is doing a fine job as far as they are concerned.

"Sage of Wisdom"?? :hysterical: :biglaugh: :LMAO: :hysterical: :biglaugh: :LMAO:

OK, all kidding aside, you're absolutely correct. But the seeds of what is going on today were planted back in the 1970's and 80's when the International was fat and happy and did nothing about the CF/Conway fiasco and also totally failed to organize the then up and coming non-union outfits. A solution would be to have a union specifically oriented to trucking like the Teamsters used to be way back when. However I don't think that will happen anytime soon.

"Sage of Wisdom"?? :hysterical: :biglaugh: :LMAO: :hysterical: :biglaugh: :LMAO:

OK, all kidding aside, you're absolutely correct. But the seeds of what is going on today were planted back in the 1970's and 80's when the International was fat and happy and did nothing about the CF/Conway fiasco and also totally failed to organize the then up and coming non-union outfits. A solution would be to have a union specifically oriented to trucking like the Teamsters used to be way back when. However I don't think that will happen anytime soon.

Don't forget the Teamsters left the AFL:CIO, which cleared the way for them to jump into other industries. If they had stayed the AFL:CIO would not have let them go after non-driving jobs.

Don't forget the Teamsters left the AFL:CIO, which cleared the way for them to jump into other industries. If they had stayed the AFL:CIO would not have let them go after non-driving jobs.

And, although I fault them (Teamsters) for past mistakes, they are only doing what they need to do (organize crossing guards, etc.) to survive as an organization.

I've been out of the Teamsters since 1980.. But from what I gather from friends, hasn't this been going on for a while... I'll be honest with ya, my friends in the Teamsters in the South, don't care for him at all.. But the East and Midwest elects Hoffa, so until they make their minds up that he's the way he is, he'll continue to be elected... No change, until they change...

Sean O'Brien and his cohorts are just power hungry a**holes like the rest of the people in power. It is not going to get any better with O'Brien. Power Corrupts!

I think the mess were in this week speaks well enough of what Mr Jimmy Hoffa jr. has done for us.Wake up, look what he did for us in mfa, with the overnite deal, remember his words, get overnite in so were all under the same operating costs, lol we fell for it, whose loosing now.