Vote Results

slavenomore

TB Legend
PREMIUM
Credits
I heard that your ballots have been counted and 82% of you have voted NO to time and a half over 48.......They don't need that to survive. Good job sucking together. Correct me if wrong...

Good Luck NEMF! Y'all deserve to be treated with respect and paid as professional drivers... This is the best economy in 2 decades, Mike can open his wallet on this one!

Proposed 4 year contract. New hires will be taking it on the chin. OT will be after 48 first year, 46 second year, 44 3rd year and 8/40 after reaching full rate. Also new hires will get a little less into the pension. The health insurance is going up only $5 first year then $10 each year there after. Sixty cent yearly raises for city and .225 per mile first year for linehaul than .02 each year afterwards. Can't say it'll pass but this is what from my understanding they wanted to protect OT after 8/40. Some things to like and some things to dislike in this proposed contract.

Top rate right now is 22.85 which is way below most other carriers besides yrc but their health and pension. Is way better

I'm glad he answered cause I honestly didn't know. I just recently started working here. Yes the medical here is good. In 4 years we will be paying $85 a week for family medical with a $1200 deductible if this passes. I'm linehaul so the top p&d rate never really mattered to me. There's a few guys here from YRC companies in Buffalo. It's not the highest paid ltl carrier but the overall package is good when you compare it to other places.

The medical costs I referred to above are for everything medical, dental and vision. The dental and vision you get through the IAM. The pension is more like an annuity now. Completely funded by NEMF. A little over $2 hour for current employees. 401k is on us but offered through the company.

the votes were counted before you guys got the ballots
Sounds like we have a lot in common with the voting process like ABF does. If you constantly feel the need to put our contract down you should be on every forum here preaching the same. If you consider yourself a union brother you obviously need to step back and get yourself in a better frame of mind. Time to come down from your ivory tower brother. Every place in trucking these days has good and bad. We're no different in that regard.

ABF didn't give us anything we already had that they just gave us back what we had years ago they gave us nothing

just busting your balls I have a lot of friends at work for New England Motor Freight
No problem. We're fighting for the best possible deal we can get. Considering it's going to a third vote and this one is better than the previous offers (not by much but better) it says we're more alive and with fight than some other union companies for sure. Some of us chose NEMF and not a Teamster shop is cause we don't want to sit by the phone. NEMF health insurance actually works better for my family than the Teamster's health insurance here in NY cause she doesn't have to take hers. The NY teamster health insurance is Cadillac coverage but if your spouse works and the premium is less than 5% of of their gross pay than they have to take it as their primary coverage. It doesn't take deductibles into consideration as far as I remember. This place certainly has it's issues but I think the overall it's a good package in today's race to the bottom in trucking.

No problem. We're fighting for the best possible deal we can get. Considering it's going to a third vote and this one is better than the previous offers (not by much but better) it says we're more alive and with fight than some other union companies for sure. Some of us chose NEMF and not a Teamster shop is cause we don't want to sit by the phone. NEMF health insurance actually works better for my family than the Teamster's health insurance here in NY cause she doesn't have to take hers. The NY teamster health insurance is Cadillac coverage but if your spouse works and the premium is less than 5% of of their gross pay than they have to take it as their primary coverage. It doesn't take deductibles into consideration as far as I remember. This place certainly has it's issues but I think the overall it's a good package in today's race to the bottom in trucking.

Nyt h&w sucks because of that rule, im in a diff plan, they dont have that rule. I think thats why so many companies have backed away from the h&w plan here, everyone's wife works anymore, and why pay double for coverage.

Nyt h&w sucks because of that rule, im in a diff plan, they dont have that rule. I think thats why so many companies have backed away from the h&w plan here, everyone's wife works anymore, and why pay double for coverage.
Exactly. My wife has a job she truly enjoys and does cause it helps people with disabilities. Down side is the insurance deductible is high.