Vote Results

$70/4= $17.50 a week.

If you run just 1,750 miles a week as a road driver, that cost is 1 cent per mile.

FedEx Freight pays over 68cpm. I'm pretty sure you'd make enough extra to offset the cost.

And the cost of using these plans are? I wasnt saying other companies cant offer decent insurance, but i doubt they get the prices and coverage of the union h&w plans.

Pitt ohio? The company with no overtime after 8, only after 40, and only with seniority? I know who they interline with, and the reliance network makes yrc and nemf look like a great job.

$70/4= $17.50 a week.

If you run just 1,750 miles a week as a road driver, that cost is 1 cent per mile.

FedEx Freight pays over 68cpm. I'm pretty sure you'd make enough extra to offset the cost.

I cant and wont bash fedex, they are the only company that actively compete with union wages and benefits. Everywhere else plays games with their pay and bennies to sell their package.

I understand that certain companies have bad reps from years ago. With the union choices diminished these days it's sad that other union drivers feel the need to put others down. I've worked Teamster and they had a great overall package but completely toxic work environment. It's not perfect here but comparing what is offered here is better than others and works for me and obviously many others. In our area of NY big companies like Wegmans, Tops and others are out of the Teamster pension. You can sit by the phone and possibly work every weekend to gross less than what we make at NEMF. System freight has Teamster shops and 10k sign on bonuses don't even get guys knocking at the door. ABFEMPM stand tall and proud and enjoy the world with the walls so tall around you the view of the real world has been completely blocked.

I understand that certain companies have bad reps from years ago. With the union choices diminished these days it's sad that other union drivers feel the need to put others down. I've worked Teamster and they had a great overall package but completely toxic work environment. It's not perfect here but comparing what is offered here is better than others and works for me and obviously many others. In our area of NY big companies like Wegmans, Tops and others are out of the Teamster pension. You can sit by the phone and possibly work every weekend to gross less than what we make at NEMF. System freight has Teamster shops and 10k sign on bonuses don't even get guys knocking at the door. ABFEMPM stand tall and proud and enjoy the world with the walls so tall around you the view of the real world has been completely blocked.
What we have over here took men and women years of hard-fought contracts to get for us and I'm pretty sure we're not going to fold like a deck of cards because an owner says alright boys were going to close up if you don't do what I say! I don't even know why you have contract negotiations anymore he knows how it's going to end before they even start, sure you let you go through the motions but in the end he knows he's going to get what he wants. and when the votes are counted today that will prove that I'm right

What we have over here took men and women years of hard-fought contracts to get for us and I'm pretty sure we're not going to fold like a deck of cards because an owner says alright boys were going to close up if you don't do what I say! I don't even know why you have contract negotiations anymore he knows how it's going to end before they even start, sure you let you go through the motions but in the end he knows he's going to get what he wants. and when the votes are counted today that will prove that I'm right
I believe the real world that you speak of economically is doing really good right now. Everybody's getting nice raises bonuses sign on bonuses yet you guys are happy with pennies? but good for you if you can get by on that I'm glad for you

It :::shit::: all over one of the biggest selling points the union still has, a big affordable health insurance plan that non union companies cant match.
Think about it, YRC has 'free insurance' yet pays upwards of $6.00 per hour less.
IF insurance cost say $50.00 per week that is just over $1.00 per hour???
Who would be stupid enough to think the union had a better deal??
Unfortunately the unions have nothing to offer but certain death to carriers...

I believe the real world that you speak of economically is doing really good right now. Everybody's getting nice raises bonuses sign on bonuses yet you guys are happy with pennies? but good for you if you can get by on that I'm glad for you
Pennies? I dont know about some of my brothers.. but I damn sure ain't making pennies. I'm making a killing

Puff I hate to bust your balls. But I work for nemf and I know yrc isn't 600 bucks below us. I don't kow who your working for unless it's excon or fedex. But will their teamsters retirement yrc is still probable paying the same price for labor when you figure benefit cost. And union wouldn't be the death of carriers it will be retarded management.

Think about it, YRC has 'free insurance' yet pays upwards of $6.00 per hour less.
IF insurance cost say $50.00 per week that is just over $1.00 per hour???
Who would be stupid enough to think the union had a better deal??
Unfortunately the unions have nothing to offer but certain death to carriers...

Abf has free insurance, and a better package overall vs any non union carrier except fedex.

Even withthe current pay rate at yrc, look at what the other carriers do with their overtime. Why dont these benevolent non union companies pass along ot after 8?

It looks like they settled for an agreement on par with abf.
It really all depends on what the pension fund and h&w plan their in compared to us. A western conference teamster has a solid retirement plan cause the trustees run the fund wisely. They have it better than we do in that area. Certain pension funds here on the east coast are throwing money away basically so I would say we have it better. The individual rules for family coverage differ among health plans with the teamsters. Some do better than us and some don't if a spouse works. You can make the same argument with layoffs and how long it takes to get on at ABF depends on the barn. We don't have to really worry about that. At the end of the day it all depends on what works for each individual and their families.

It really all depends on what the pension fund and h&w plan their in compared to us. A western conference teamster has a solid retirement plan cause the trustees run the fund wisely. They have it better than we do in that area. Certain pension funds here on the east coast are throwing money away basically so I would say we have it better. The individual rules for family coverage differ among health plans with the teamsters. Some do better than us and some don't if a spouse works. You can make the same argument with layoffs and how long it takes to get on at ABF depends on the barn. We don't have to really worry about that. At the end of the day it all depends on what works for each individual and their families.

Ill still take union over non, any day, unless im running my own truck. And even then, having a card can have benefits, depending on what you do.