Yellow | Vote Yes For This = No Better Than Shutting Doors & Search For Non-Union Job !

j-dawg50

TB Lurker
Credits
Reports indicate that YRC’s proposals include these:Continued annual wage increases in 2015 and beyond, but with no increase in 2014.Overtime pay after 40 hours per week, instead of after 8 hours.Change H&W language so that a partial week of work will not pay for a full week of H&W coverage.Work rule changes, including outsourcing some maintenance and use of outside contractors for certain road work. - See more at: YRC Presents Contract Proposals to Union | Teamsters for a Democratic Union

Reports indicate that YRC’s proposals include these:Continued annual wage increases in 2015 and beyond, but with no increase in 2014.Overtime pay after 40 hours per week, instead of after 8 hours.Change H&W language so that a partial week of work will not pay for a full week of H&W coverage.Work rule changes, including outsourcing some maintenance and use of outside contractors for certain road work. - See more at: YRC Presents Contract Proposals to Union | Teamsters for a Democratic Union
Vote no for this pile of dog sheet. Wanna work for skab conditions, then work at a skab outfit. Shut the doors on this pos

what the hell they didn't get it right the first five years and 15% pay cut , what makes you think they will get it right the next five years

They were making money before the coo and I have 25 yrs. of my life invested in this company, and there are too many of us too freaking old to get a job somewhere else and what non union company will hire us. That being said, YRC said all they wanted was an extension of the current MOU with no monetary concessions with the exception of some flexibility with their so called problem with absenteeism. I would entertain an extension of some kind. And that's all I'm willing to entertain. Is to extend what we are currently working under. At the Dallas meeting our union president asked if there were any interested buyers Mr.Welch said they had some but nothing Valid? This company's leaders do not no what truth is and I'm willing to bet that there are new loan agreements ready to sign, they just want to weaken our working conditions more. To them it's easier to take from us rather than to get out there and sell service at a competitive rate. They say they can't compete with the non's why should they when all they have to do is come at us with more scare tactics about closing the doors. Our union negotiators need to put something on the table that we want and tell them to sign it and get busy selling service. I'm just tired of reading post from guy's saying close this pig or shut er down most of us have our lives in this company and I'm not willing to quit. Vote NO till they get it right!

I can't help but think to myself that this is suppose to be about refinancing this huge debt YRC has. I just can't picture a huge international bank sitting at a table saying that we will refinance if you only pay your guys overtime after forty hours or we will refinance this billion dollars if you don't have to pay for H&W when the employee doesn't work a full week. I think the bank would say that they want a five year labor agreement in place so they don't have to worry about a strike in the spring of 2015. It would appear to me that the company is getting greedy and they are trying to get more than just an extension to satisfy the bank, they are also trying to screw the workers out of every penny they can. So after serious consideration I have decided: NO actually HELL NO would be a little more accurate. Let's get this vote rolling so we can figure out if we need to start talking to the competition about a job.

They were making money before the coo and I have 25 yrs. of my life invested in this company, and there are too many of us too freaking old to get a job somewhere else and what non union company will hire us. That being said, YRC said all they wanted was an extension of the current MOU with no monetary concessions with the exception of some flexibility with their so called problem with absenteeism. I would entertain an extension of some kind. And that's all I'm willing to entertain. Is to extend what we are currently working under. At the Dallas meeting our union president asked if there were any interested buyers Mr.Welch said they had some but nothing Valid? This company's leaders do not no what truth is and I'm willing to bet that there are new loan agreements ready to sign, they just want to weaken our working conditions more. To them it's easier to take from us rather than to get out there and sell service at a competitive rate. They say they can't compete with the non's why should they when all they have to do is come at us with more scare tactics about closing the doors. Our union negotiators need to put something on the table that we want and tell them to sign it and get busy selling service. I'm just tired of reading post from guy's saying close this pig or shut er down most of us have our lives in this company and I'm not willing to quit. Vote NO till they get it right!

Age is on ur side and with a driver shortage if you can pass the physical you are in demand at other jobs.
If you wish to work for **** wages you should consider your options very seriously.
This storey about to old to work at another company is bull.
I know cause I have been offered more jobs since I turned 65 than ever in my life.
There is a 20 percent increase in freight in the next 5 yrs. and only a 2 percent increase in driver by employment status right now.
You are way off in left field and need alittle change in your life to see the big picture.
Mr. Welch can see it and I wish more good union people could see it.
Someone has to carry the freight and a driver shortage on top of it. Open up you eyes and stop been afraid of the unknown with odds like that you will be a winner if your a truck driver.
They are not going to shut down, look what I just said and the feds have said as they are wondering what they are going to do for drivers in the whole USA for drivers.

I can't help but think to myself that this is suppose to be about refinancing this huge debt YRC has. I just can't picture a huge international bank sitting at a table saying that we will refinance if you only pay your guys overtime after forty hours or we will refinance this billion dollars if you don't have to pay for H&W when the employee doesn't work a full week. I think the bank would say that they want a five year labor agreement in place so they don't have to worry about a strike in the spring of 2015. It would appear to me that the company is getting greedy and they are trying to get more than just an extension to satisfy the bank, they are also trying to screw the workers out of every penny they can. So after serious consideration I have decided: NO actually HELL NO would be a little more accurate. Let's get this vote rolling so we can figure out if we need to start talking to the competition about a job.

I agree with you sir until your last sentence, we still have good jobs and still have decent working conditions. Neither of us would last very long working for the non's. So many of us have our lives invested in this company and I'm not going to roll over for them and their greed. They timed this vote to happen during the holidays to scare people. Stay strong ! Vote no till they get it right!

What union. We pay dues and we get no pension nor representation. Our medical insurance sucks. Pay is less than some none union companies. So I pretty much wasted 24 years as a Teamster.

What union. We pay dues and we get no pension nor representation. Our medical insurance sucks. Pay is less than some none union companies. So I pretty much wasted 24 years as a Teamster.

You wasted 24 years as a Teamster? You got no pension credits during those 24 years? You didn't get paid for working during those 24 years? I guess I don't understand how you wasted those years.

Age is on ur side and with a driver shortage if you can pass the physical you are in demand at other jobs.
If you wish to work for **** wages you should consider your options very seriously.
This storey about to old to work at another company is bull.
I know cause I have been offered more jobs since I turned 65 than ever in my life.
There is a 20 percent increase in freight in the next 5 yrs. and only a 2 percent increase in driver by employment status right now.
You are way off in left field and need alittle change in your life to see the big picture.
Mr. Welch can see it and I wish more good union people could see it.
Someone has to carry the freight and a driver shortage on top of it. Open up you eyes and stop been afraid of the unknown with odds like that you will be a winner if your a truck driver.
They are not going to shut down, look what I just said and the feds have said as they are wondering what they are going to do for drivers in the whole USA for drivers.
They are going to import drivers from all over the world. Seems like more and more when at a truck stop or even some customers are saying they encounter drivers who hardly speak english. I think it is a shame!

My medical insurance is the best out of anyone I know.
Not sure what fund you are in but that is one thing I cannot B***H about.

They are going to import drivers from all over the world. Seems like more and more when at a truck stop or even some customers are saying they encounter drivers who hardly speak english. I think it is a shame!

There is NO driver shortage. The shortage is and always will be pay and benefits.

if yrcw closes there will be trucking co.s scrambling to find drivers . If this is such a great job now why is welch claiming to have a driver shortage?

Yes they will import people to drive a truck.
But they can not read or understand orders or billing or directions or read signs and the list goes on and on.
Freight hauling is a special person who can learn to sleep on demand and follow instructions and be safe and read how tall a overpass is and doubles and triples and read scales and the list goes on and on.
Give yourself credit for some of the skills you have accomplished and what is required for this job.
Most the new people they import can read a GPS in there own language and that is it and could not fill out a bill or know what freight to deliver at what terminal and the list goes on and on.
Give yourself CREDIT for what you are and can do SAFELY and as told by dispatch and correct mistakes by understanding the system.

if yrcw closes there will be trucking co.s scrambling to find drivers . If this is such a great job now why is welch claiming to have a driver shortage?

Look at what you get paid (with a 15% give back ) Would you drive for YRC at the starting wage they are expected to work for?

I really don't care what they have on the table for us to vote on. I'm voting NO!!!!