ODFL | Wage and Benefit meeting

Yeah the results were pretty good;P/D got a .35 hourly pay raise,line haul 1.5cpm pay hike effective 09/03,No insurance rate increases,regional VP mentioned a enhanced disability plan to come available,if your meeting still in future well worth attending for the positive tone being set..

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah the results were pretty good;P/D got a .35 hourly pay raise,line haul 1.5cpm pay hike effective 09/03,No insurance rate increases,regional VP mentioned a enhanced disability plan to come available,if your meeting still in future well worth attending for the positive tone being set..
What's that make your top Pay? Is top pay the same all around the country? Or is the pay different in different "regions"? Thanks..

What's that make your top Pay? Is top pay the same all around the country? Or is the pay different in different "regions"? Thanks..
Think the pays been equalized all over for some time now,Top pay now about 23.30ph P/D 51.5cpm road.

Drivers, short and long-term health (disabilty) insurance will be cancel Jan. 2011. Will have a new short/ long-term policy, if want it, you will have to sign up for new policy and paid weekly for it which will paid more money if you are out for medical and etc. So sign up for it!!!!

Nobody seems to add something that's important to consider when discussing pay rate for line haul: we also get paid for the hooks, drops, and fueling. Taking them deals into account, I'm making exactly 3 cents per mile extra. So, with the raise next month my actual pay will be .545 per mile. I've already had to raise the amount I'm contributing to my 401k cuz I'm seeing too much $pare change every month. In September I'll have to increase my 401k contributions yet again to keep from paying more income tax--which is throwing money away to Uncle Sam!

Drop & Hooks: Just make sure (Drivers) you put the right amount drop & hooks, claim it right or you may be out of a job. Drivers have been firied claiming too many drop & hooks, Company checks on this!!!! Watch your back!!! One more thing, if you meet with somebody on a turn, you can not claim any drop & hooks. Just a note to some drivers, hate for you (Drivers) to lose $70,000. year job.

Drop & Hooks: ...hate for [any of] you Drivers to lose [your]$70,000 [per] year job.

Good point! Back when I first began with OD I heard about a driver padding his pay that way. The guy was a certifiable moron to begin with. I could not understand how somebody like he could be working for this company! Well, needless to say, he wasn't around very long. Nowadays, especially, you've got to be an idiot to do anything that puts your job at risk here! And I honestly haven't seen any more of his sort at OD since.

we HAD one at har that did that with fueling da we use a card they tracked him and caught him stealing from company what a dumb ss