ODFL | Wage And Benefit Meeting

RUNNINGTHISRACE

TB Lurker
Credits
Our TM this morning at the monthly meeting mentioned we will be having the annual wage meeting early in August. Last month he dropped a hint that it should be 'big'.

Has anyone else heard anything?

Our TM said OD is switching over to a performance based raise system going off quarterly reviews instead of outright raises?? Anyone else hear this?

Based on quarterly reviews? I’ve never been reviewed yet, that I was made aware of. I’m sure my file is packed though. How would that kind of pay system affect line? Performance?? I show up, hook up, drive to point B, drop, hook and drive back to point A. By the way, I do all my pre, post and inter trip inspections. Performance based on what? Doing cartwheels as I do things? How fast I can make the turn? I run I-5 northbound into PDX, right at evening commute. Oh..........the ROI score? Really, I need to hear the explanation about this, if this is true which I doubt. I’ll check the memo again tomorrow.

Based on quarterly reviews? I’ve never been reviewed yet, that I was made aware of. I’m sure my file is packed though. How would that kind of pay system affect line? Performance?? I show up, hook up, drive to point B, drop, hook and drive back to point A. By the way, I do all my pre, post and inter trip inspections. Performance based on what? Doing cartwheels as I do things? How fast I can make the turn? I run I-5 northbound into PDX, right at evening commute. Oh..........the ROI score? Really, I need to hear the explanation about this, if this is true which I doubt. I’ll check the memo again tomorrow.

Could this cut down on your time spent at the "Do Drop Inn?"

Anyone able to snag a picture of a memo addressing this rumor? I'm really stumped on what the heck my TM was going on about now or why he would go on and on about it.

Our TM this morning at the monthly meeting mentioned we will be having the annual wage meeting early in August. Last month he dropped a hint that it should
Anyone able to snag a picture of a memo addressing this rumor? I'm really stumped on what the heck my TM was going on about now or why he would go on and on about it.
I will try to get a picture tomorrow morning. I’m taking a vacation day today.

You're TM is probably talking about the quarterly one on one meetings we started in Indy a few weeks ago. All employees/drivers are meeting with either the TM, ATM or Linehaul Manager. I'm assuming it's about the survey results. They're asking questions like "what can OD do to help you with your job." I seen the memo that put the whole performance based crap to bed. Corporate said performance based raises will never happen here.

You're TM is probably talking about the quarterly one on one meetings we started in Indy a few weeks ago. All employees/drivers are meeting with either the TM, ATM or Linehaul Manager. I'm assuming it's about the survey results. They're asking questions like "what can OD do to help you with your job." I seen the memo that put the whole performance based crap to bed. Corporate said performance based raises will never happen here.

That sounds about right. Weird he mentioned performance based raises. I distinctly remember us having a conversation about it because I was thinking that could be a slippery slope for drivers as it could be subjective and all. Anyways, glad to hear that is not the case, not that I would have to worry. Kind of makes the one on one meetings moot. Maybe I'm wrong. Only thing I'm ever going to request is a truck that runs 70 and I don't see that happening.

COH will be having one of the first meetingd this year on July 29th and 30th. Still awaiting the formal announcement, but this is what management says they've been told. The Early Access is part of celebrating the completion of the COH remodel and expansion. The offices yard and fuel bays are getting the final touches as we speak. No rumors of leaked about any details around here, I don't believe any of them anyways.