ODFL | Wage And Benefit Meeting

That otr mindset to work like an early 1900’s factory worker has been the downfall of this industry son,, take it from us who been doing this a while,, these otr trainers ain’t had none the experience us old hands got,, keep running with no breaks thinking you’re super man and you’ll just be another of many rolled over sets we see pictures of
Ah us guys in our fifties will be retired and mr knuckle will be burned out with 15 more years to go

Managing hours doesn’t necessarily mean cutting the daily hours. The just cut you a day and fill it with a junior or combo driver. The hostler’s at a certain barn are pulled out of the goat one day a week and put on the dock to avoid the overtime payment. Let’s see in my daily travels I see Unified Grocers, ABF, UPSF, YRC all being pulled by cut throats. What happens to the drivers that should have those runs. Sitting at home. I get my information from a former employee of one of those companies. Now do we want to be sitting at home while a duct tape special is pulling our trailers?
Managing hours doesn’t necessarily mean cutting the daily hours. The just cut you a day and fill it with a junior or combo driver. The hostler’s at a certain barn are pulled out of the goat one day a week and put on the dock to avoid the overtime payment. Let’s see in my daily travels I see Unified Grocers, ABF, UPSF, YRC all being pulled by cut throats. What happens to the drivers that should have those runs. Sitting at home. I get my information from a former employee of one of those companies. Now do we want to be sitting at home while a duct tape special is pulling our trailers?
I work for ups freight.. this new contract we have a lot of red circle barns. I am out of one..every road driver is guaranteed to work at least 8 hours if they work out of their classification example inbound. Was City work for the first 8 hours they are paid@ $37.61
If anyone of us gets cancelled we received$37.61 pay rate for 8 hours

All them atta boys , one mistake your a gon
I work for ups freight.. this new contract we have a lot of red circle barns. I am out of one..every road driver is guaranteed to work at least 8 hours if they work out of their classification example inbound. Was City work for the first 8 hours they are paid@ $37.61
If anyone of us gets cancelled we received$37.61 pay rate for 8 hours
Where are you when canceled , at home ? do they make you come in to check trucks and sweep

Definitely could have too much piled on in the city. Oh well, running line now and love it. I really dont even view it as work. I love driving. Dont mind picking up extra runs. More money means more play or vacations. Anyways, yeah, we all are money makers for OD, moving freight. Easy to lose your job, easy to lose it anywhere in this industry. Far as one mistake goes, might depend on the barn. I've seen trailers dropped, and people keep their job so.....

Definitely could have too much piled on in the city. Oh well, running line now and love it. I really dont even view it as work. I love driving. Dont mind picking up extra runs. More money means more play or vacations. Anyways, yeah, we all are money makers for OD, moving freight. Easy to lose your job, easy to lose it anywhere in this industry. Far as one mistake goes, might depend on the barn. I've seen trailers dropped, and people keep their job so.....
Send me some of that energy

Trailer dropped? LOL...I’ve seen a helluva lot worse than that and it gets swept under the rug. Depends on if your a vet or a newb.

All them atta boys , one mistake your a gon

Where are you when canceled , at home ? do they make you come in to check trucks and sweep
If I come in to sweep trailers they have to pay me the premium pay because I am working out of my class..it doesn't matter if I am home or in the building waiting for central to find me work..
It's a agreement with us and the company because it was out of control at one point with subcontractors

Well good thing its not performance based cuz out here about 90 percent should get nothing because they dont believe in pre or post trips, takes too much of thier valuable time and oh my gosh, putting on locks, that would mean they would need to walk to the back of the trailer and maybe see something wrong. Goes right along with not using splash guards when its raining and the feeling that "IF I DONT GET PAID FOR THAT 5 minutes to put them on, IAM NOT DOING IT...seems to be a good answer given to the PNW regional line haul manager and his TM buddy. So dont worry, things will remain the same...yea..HAW

Ain't none of those boys in PNW runing splash guards anymore.Tell them in lh and they don't have none