WAGE FREEZ

DIDAPS

TB Lurker
Credits
we all know it's a bunch of hog wash. let's stand tall and vote NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No kidding it's bullshit. where to begin? Wage Freeze, did they say this was it? NO!!! Did they say they wouldn't raise insurance contributions? NO!!! Did they say they won't increase copays? NO!!! Did they say they wouldn't be back in six months for more? NO !!! THEN WHY THE HELL SHOULD WE SAY YES.

And our great union leadership and such a deal they have for us. Oh, how they negotiated because the company wanted another 5% and a week back, BULLSHIT. Standard negotiating procedure is you ask for more than you want, and then quote "meet in the middle". Nemf management knew that a wage freeze was going to be asked for, before 6:00 pm 3-18-10 when our union supposedly got this great deal. And the chance that if the company is doing "good enough" in the last two years of the freeze they may give some money back. Please is anyone that stupid to think that we will be doing "good enough". Once the money is gone, it's gone.

Doesn't this "good enough "bullshit sound like the "snatch back". That cheap sales promise came from the union, not management as Mike Shevel himself said.

So, seeings how our quote " union leadership" thinks this is a good deal, we need to send a message
YOU ARE THE UNION, EACH OF US HAS TO STAND AND SAY NO, THAT IS A WHAT A UNION IS.

The time has come to take a stand, we must say NO.

Wow,all the complaining about there job.If you think you can do better then go for it.As for the wage freeze yea it stinks but I can handle it.Nemf is not a bad place to work at.Where we live there is not any jobs around.The economy sucks right now.Jobs are very hard to find.Nemf is not the only company that is asking to give back.I do know that I don't want to go to another job and start at the bottom and work my way up again,I don't want to start my retirement all over.If you guys are not happy then so be it as for me Nemf paycheck pays my bills and gives my kids the things they need and puts food on my table.You think you can find better than good luck. :P

THE REALITY IS NEMF IS CASH STRAPPED AND THE PROOF IS FOR THEM TO ASK FOR MORE CONCESSIONS OR WAGE FREEZES...JUST TAKE A LOOK AROUND AT OTHER LTL COMPANIES...BY NOW ALL LTL COMPANIES SHOULD HAVE ADJUSTED TO THE BUSINESS LEVELS AND MADE CUTS BY LAST YEAR...SO I ASK YOU WHY AFTER THE WAGE CUTS AND TERMINAL CLOSURES LAST YEAR ARE MORE NECESSARY............ONE SIMPLE ANSWER....INCOMPETENCE...

OK DID MR. CONNERY TAKE A CUT= NO
OK DID MR. LUCHANNI TAKE A CUT=NO
HOW ABOUT ALL THE OTHER VICE PRESIDENTS ANSWER IS STILL NO.
THEY JUST WANT THE LITTLE PEOPLES MONEY,THAT'S RIGHT OUR'S.
SO GO AHEAD AND VOTE YES SO THIER BONUSES CAN BE EVEN BIGGER THIS YEAR.

wOW you guys let your minds go crazy, all this talk and you dont even know what went on in the meeting. Wait for the meeting before you give your vote for NO ! Nobody's happy with the current situation anywhere, if you have a suggestion where we can get a better job with more money please share ... I would love to get a raise and have money to afford a decent life.

[quote author=DIDAPS link=topic=78441.msg814697#msg814697 date=1269123842]
OK DID MR. CONNERY TAKE A CUT= NO
OK DID MR. LUCHANNI TAKE A CUT=NO
HOW ABOUT ALL THE OTHER VICE PRESIDENTS ANSWER IS STILL NO.
THEY JUST WANT THE LITTLE PEOPLES MONEY,THAT'S RIGHT OUR'S.
SO GO AHEAD AND VOTE YES SO THIER BONUSES CAN BE EVEN BIGGER THIS YEAR.
[/quote]

Dude, you're imagination is getting the best of you. I agree with almost nothing this place does, but you're facts in every post you've made in this thread are wrong.

ps, turn off the caps lock, and no last names per forum rules.

What I understand the boys on top haven gotten a raise in 4 years. Which is o.k. by me because they don't deserve one.

{YOU MUST BE A YOUNG FOOL TO BE A WISE OLD MAN}

So, if you feel so bad for MS and want to ensure his financial well-being why not simply agree to a 1 YEAR FREEZE instead of three? How can that be the silver bullet to answering the woes of his ailing empire? If his was enough of a futurist to anticipate the economical makeup of 2013 he wouldn't be in this current alleged crisis.

Just saying, agree to 1 year if you must, fight him on 3. That's why you pay dues......

My opinion is vote for it, and try to better yourself by seeking other opportunities at other companies. Those that don't have such opportunites will still have a job, and those that may have other options will have a job while they search. It's easier to find a job when you have a job.

Yes, I am taking my own advice, right Steel? :thumbsup:

well said buddy, I see your point too Ricky, not too much economy in Falconer and a bird in the hand is still worth two in the bush....

Reading the replies, I'm amazed, I guess MS knows his workers, take it or leave it seems to be the response on this board.

Like others, I have 10+ years with NEMF and wouldn't want to start over elsewhere, have a mortgage and other financial responsibilities, and I depend on the money I bring home.

However I'm willing to stand up and fight for the money I' paid, I think I earn it. I also think that Mike Shevell did not get where he is today without being a shrewd businessman. I believe that this will not be the last demand for concessions. It has only been 6 months since the last one. I think we should say no to more, and if we don't he will only take more. One reply said how the job was putting food on his table. Well our wages are already back 2.5 years, freeze them another 3 years and see if that money buys the same food, you will be working just as hard.

Yes, we all depend on NEMF being in good shape financially, but these demands have never come in request for help. Instead they came with a threat.

The last others responded in the same way, give into the threat, hold on to what we have and hope that is all that will be demanded. Well, 6 months later new demands and no promise that this will be the last.

So, I don't think the choice comes down to take or leave it, there is a third option, to stand (if not as one,in a large enough group) and say, Yes I want to work here, but yes I want fair pay and to be free from wondering when the next demand will come and how much it will be.

As for those who favor giving into the demands, ask yourself, how many givebacks will be enough. I know the economy, job market and pressures to provide for one's family, but don't think this will be the last unless we stop it.

unfortunately this union prevents members to unite as each facility negotiates independantly. therfor your an individual because your union is a farce...the use of the word UNION is a joke at NEMF...the OWNER AT NEMF KNOWS IT .... he will continue to bully you around..and you'll accept it

well with member like browndog and mavrick we don't hav a chance. i quess were all suppost to just bend over because these quy . just remember were only as strong as our weakest member so i quess were screwed