Wage Reduction

Ok, now i see how the shrewd ms played his game he asked for 10% didnt he...
Of course none of the b a's wouldnt say anything...and they negotiated into his 5 % trap.......good job ms.ur a genius........

The only way they get 5% back is if u vote to give it back.

The IAM negotiated this? LMAO. They were told. then they were told to pass it along.

I think they should go negotiate it. Anyone have anything that you want modified while theyre modifying your contract?

If you do, start calling and emailing your BA now, and tell them since we are modifying this, lets modify that.

Lets turn this into a negotiation!!!

Wow, what a stupid fuk, Do U swallow also???

I've been asked to stay off these boards and "not" express my opinion. I cannot stay quiet anymore.
This wage reduction will NOT effect my household budget at all, I am already living above what I make, I do not live extravagant, I just have 3 children and a wife (that has been un-employed since last October), I could not afford to re-finance my house, so it was foreclosed on. I could not afford to pay for my truck, so I had to give it back to GMAC. Right now I fight with myself every week as to what bill do I pay, and how do I feed my family with what is left? I know that I am not the only one out there in this situation, but in my house it seems like things are just getting worse.
I need to continue to work for NEMF!!!! If MS decides to close terminals, or severely cut staff, and I lose my job, my kids do not eat, it's that simple for me. My vote has to be Yes, I need to live to fight another day!!! Yes guys "THIS SUCKS", but again our backs are against the wall. I just hope that MS remembers this, and when times are better we get treated well. I am putting my "faith" in this company, in the hopes that we will be one of the last one's standing!!!!!

Talk about showing your hand, With this desperate post the company might come back and ask for 10 % more...You might as well get your sign out that says " Will work 4 food".
You think you are the only one with financial trouble???
You think management aren't reading these boards??
Man up 4 god sake, Just go in your garage and take the pipe so your family can collect the insurace money, if you are that bad off...It's times like these when the waves are getting high and guys like you pull the rest of us under..This whole country is in bad shape son. The working man does'nt have a chance in this country..Your better off going on Welfare and getting the best medical out there that you don't have to pay toward or co-pays, You get section 8 housing, Wick program, Your kids will get free school lunches, No more drug test... They only test people willing to work... I hope I was able to put some of your fears at ease....Don't be anxious, Because anxiety only awaits you tomorrow.

T.H

Dude t h , nothn but sheep here.sorry.wrong board...nothn u can say...they got mickey mouse representing them, andthe owner controls the union...go ovr to the new penn one.... You'll find balls and a real company..............look..new penn is the talk of the industry....nemf is the bottom feeder...

Sorry guys, you have a defining moment in ur history to stand up and not accept anything....u think u got a pension."compared to the teamsters i hear"..well u forget that came w/strings..now a concession...give me a break...

I understand ur frustration,,,,,,

I have alot of good friends at NEMF, many off them Ex-Teamsters..Right now they have us all on the ropes.
We are in a race to the bottom..I would like to apologize to
Jmscontantino for disrespecting him by the title in my last post. He is just a victim like the rest of us...That is just what the employers want,,Union brother against Union brother,,,,,If we are going down,,,Than let's go down together with dignity...Don't worrie about the mule going blind, Just pull the wagon. KEEP ON TRUCK'IN.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=124aaC8yupE
T.H

I understand ur frustration,,,,,,

Dude t h , nothn but sheep here.sorry.wrong board...nothn u can say...they got mickey mouse representing them, andthe owner controls the union...go ovr to the new penn one.... You'll find balls and a real company..............look..new penn is the talk of the industry....nemf is the bottom feeder...

Sorry guys, you have a defining moment in ur history to stand up and not accept anything....u think u got a pension."compared to the teamsters i hear"..well u forget that came w/strings..now a concession...give me a break...

I have alot of good friends at NEMF, many off them Ex-Teamsters..Right now they have us all on the ropes.
Jmscontantino for disrespecting him by the title in my last post. He is just a victim like the rest of us...That is just want the employers want,,Union brother against Union brother,,,,,If we are going down,,,Than let's go down together with dignity...Don't worrie about the mule going blind, Just pull the wagon.

T.H

Talk about showing your hand, With this desperate post the company might come back and ask for 10 % more...You might as well get your sign out that says " Will work 4 food".
You think you are the only one with financial trouble???
You think management aren't reading these boards??
Man up 4 god sake, Just go in your garage and take the pipe so your family can collect the insurace money, if you are that bad off...It's times like these when the waves are getting high and guys like you pull the rest of us under..This whole country is in bad shape son. The working man does'nt have a chance in this country..Your better off going on Welfare and getting the best medical out there that you don't have to pay toward or co-pays, You get section 8 housing, Wick program, Your kids will get free school lunches, No more drug test... They only test people willing to work... I hope I was able to put some of your fears at ease....Don't be anxious, Because anxiety only awaits you tomorrow.
I'm not going to justify this with an argument here, but as a conservative that does not believe in entitlement programs to begin with, you have no idea who you are talking to or what the situation is back the f%$k off and eat your 15% while it lasts.:TR10driving03::nutkick:

Jmscontantino for disrespecting him by the title in my last post. He is just a victim like the rest of us...That is just what the employers want,,Union brother against Union brother,,,,,If we are going down,,,Than let's go down together with dignity...Don't worrie about the mule going blind, Just pull the wagon. KEEP ON TRUCK'IN.
YouTube - EDDIE KENDRICKS-KEEP ON TRUCKIN 70S FUNK SOUL DANCERS
T.H

I understand both posts from you and can argue either side, but I do agree with you 100%, if we are gonna go down let's stand up and do it together. No apology needed, maybe I need to wake up, except I will take orders at MCD's b4 I accept welfare or entitlements.

America Please, We are the last days....

I understand both posts from you and can argue either side, but I do agree with you 100%, if we are gonna go down let's stand up and do it together. No apology needed, maybe I need to wake up, except I will take orders at MCD's b4 I accept welfare or entitlements.

The point I was trying to make is that we are losing are ability to earn a living in this country. The American people would rather glorify Michael Jackson a child molester who should have died in prison. and put millions of dollars in the pocket of the new EAGLES Quarterback Michael Vick who is nothing more than a street thug with the mentality of a cockroach, a good days work would kill the piece of ::shit::.
While you and I break our balls humping freight an try to feed our family's...Every day you turn on the TV you hear Michael Vick...While this country is at war and our troops are dieing in that desert for no reason..In the end they will tell me the tax payer, if you don't like it leave...UNREAL..When I look at society today I truly believe the end is near,,,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DyMtpGqrPAo&feature=related
T.H

JM, I feel the same way. Its about doing the right thing for you and your family and your co-workers.

At this point, the way the "language" of this thing is worded, its a NO vote here. Talking about if "his happens then we'll re-open and talk about giving it back to you. How about, if "his happens"[/U]will receive ur 5% back 90 days after it happens.[/U]

As far as IAM goes, sure, they endorse it, why not. If "this happens"there will be drivers looking to go to work with a company that gets parts of whatever business, and along with that, new hires, and that means the money starts flowing, new initiation fees and new monthly dues. I wonder whos future and security they're worried about

So, its win win for NEMF, its win win for IAM. Who is it thats gonna lose? sadwavey:

Hope that wasnt to vague, all of you should know what I'm saying about "this happens"

YouTube - EDDIE KENDRICKS-KEEP ON TRUCKIN 70S FUNK SOUL DANCERS
T.H

And they should of stayed teamsters look at what they got now. The union they have now is told what to do by the company.The people that work there have crap health insurance. The owner get's richer and want's wage cuts because everybody else is doing it. And he is'nt even paying union rates well their union rate.

I was "NO" from the beginning and after all I've seen and heard, my answer is even a bigger "NO". I just hope the IAM wakes up and becomes a union someday. This matter shouldn't even be up for a vote. The teamsters only endorsed the vote for 5, 10, and 15% because the company needs to stay in business and they're on the verge of folding. NEMF is not in trouble and is in no jeopardy of going anywhere.

vote as you may but never forget people families are also going to be affected on this vote so all that will vote no you tell the families if and when ms shuts a terminal, how will they have insurance for their children god forbid they get sick and how will food end up on their table..man up when you vote no and YOU tell the families what their next option will be...maybe you can help out aswell

vote as you may but never forget people families are also going to be affected on this vote so all that will vote no you tell the families if and when ms shuts a terminal, how will they have insurance for their children god forbid they get sick and how will food end up on their table..man up when you vote no and YOU tell the families what their next option will be...maybe you can help out aswell

Why would they shut a term down if they are hiring new drivers?

The only way they get 5% back is if u vote to give it back.

The IAM negotiated this? LMAO. They were told. then they were told to pass it along.

I think they should go negotiate it. Anyone have anything that you want modified while theyre modifying your contract?

If you do, start calling and emailing your BA now, and tell them since we are modifying this, lets modify that.

Lets turn this into a negotiation!!!

Stupid question but what does BA stand for?

Why would they shut a term down if they are hiring new drivers?

Just being prepared, makes sense, they are gonna need more drivers anyway, especially with this new agreement with the carrier from Canada, sounds like a boat load of freight coming and going across the borders.

Everyone trying to figure out if he shuts this down or not, I look at the past to peer into the future, if he's willing to shut it down now, he'll be willing to shut it down in six months too, after they make money from the drivers wages.

Just cant go for this the way it was written.

Language of what is said, or written means everything here, to gray for me, like I said before, if this proposed pay cut thing said "after "this or that happen" you (the drivers) WILL get your 5% back, I might be able to bring myself to help out, BUT, because the language says, "after this happens we can sit down and talk about negotiating your 5% back", nope, that just means your never gonna get it back, too bad for you guys, cant you read between the lines?

MS is a very shrewd man, wasnt that what the article stated? He isnt about to offer it back, he wants you (the drivers) to give it up, and if you dont, I'll shut ya down.

I just dont think so. I'll roll the dice and keep what I have, unless, the language is changed to "you give this up and "this Happens", you'll get the 5% back withing 90 days, and maybe a bonus for helping out.:woohoo1:

WHY oh WHY does it not read like that? Doesnt that bother anyone else? I mean really, the contract U have now is filled with non defined language, nothing is black and white, its all a big gray ball of crap.:nutkick:

HE wants it that way for a reason folks.:Bondage:

I'm NO unless they want to regroup and change some language, then I could honestly consider it, not now though.

I look at the I.A.M. and have to ask, Why does it read the way it does?:nono:

I think it's amazing how our reps can agree on something so important that they never ask us what we are willing to give up and fro what in return! Who the $%@# do they think they represent? I have also been bothered by the wacky "snap back" proposal.

Well, I looked at the letter and read it several times with the proposed 5% wage reduction. It will be 60 to 70 bucks a week. My health insurance is alot cheaper then when I was over the road (Not free like when I was with EFW back in the 90's, but still low cost) I talk with my friends that are still over the road and they are also taking a hit with concessions as well as not getting the miles they were getting since freight is not moving like it was. I recieved my yearly letter we get around our birthday from Social Security that shows all the years previous incomes and discovered I had taken a $23,000 whack when I decided to come back home and play line haul driver. So when the proposed 5% was requested, I immediately thought hell no, i can't take another whack. But looking at my current options of going back on the road at this time with the way freight is and the fact it does not make my wife happy or riding it out with NEMF with a wage reduction. I have decided that i will except the reduction being offered and continue with the pay raises in place which will offset the 5% being returned in a few years. My yes vote has been mailed for the survival of the company and work force.